Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Single Tap is Great!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So with the single pull auto steer enabled, I am finding that TACC is also activated (MAX is blue color underneath the speed readout). The release notes state that TACC is “bypassed“ in single-pull mode. What exactly does that mean, and what am I missing here?
This is how it has always been. When Autosteer is engaged, speed control is also engaged and the MAX text turns blue. there is no Autosteer without speed control.

Same for FSDb.

It's $6k.
So Enhance Auto, the S3XY button guys, is about to push out their own "Holiday Update". And in it, they added a smart action that automatically re-engages AP once you complete a lane change maneuver. Assuming it works as they say, and I have no reason to doubt it, that means you can have that feature for about $250 if you don't already own S3XY buttons. I'm eagerly waiting for the update to try this out.

So Enhance Auto, the S3XY button guys, is about to push out their own "Holiday Update". And in it, they added a smart action that automatically re-engages AP once you complete a lane change maneuver. Assuming it works as they say, and I have no reason to doubt it, that means you can have that feature for about $250 if you don't already own S3XY buttons. I'm eagerly waiting for the update to try this out.
I think that would be enough for me to buy it.

To be honest, it would be better than auto lane change as it exists right now. Right now I have the FSD trial and at night I find my car often just gives up and I'm forced to disengage and reengage (and it's even worse than basic autopilot since simply hitting the signal button isn't enough to get the autopilot to disengage)

So with the single pull auto steer enabled, I am finding that TACC is also activated (MAX is blue color underneath the speed readout). The release notes state that TACC is “bypassed“ in single-pull mode. What exactly does that mean, and what am I missing here?

I only enabled single pull for one trip. As I remember, when I did the single pull on roads without a center median I got a beep and a message that it was unable to activate and did not allow any form of cruise, TACC of autopilot.

original setting: TACC -> AP
new setting: AP

new setting bypasses TACC by going straight to AP. AP is TACC + auto steer.