Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most requested features list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Satnav: if a road has both a name and a designation, for example A50/Leicester Rd, then for Dog's sake use the designation when speaking the nav instructions. Road signs, at least anywhere sane, show the designation, so cross-checking the next manoeuvre becomes much easier. Pretty much every other satnav I've used over the years also prioritised the designation, so this ain't rocket science.
  • Sound a warning chime, with optional pop-up message, if a phone is still on the wireless charging pad when the driver's door is opened. Prevents an absent-minded driver walking away leaving the car unlocked and drivable by all and sundry.

Prevents an absent-minded driver walking away leaving the car unlocked and drivable by all and sundry.
Though that's why we have "pin to drive" ... so there is at least a solution to the drivable issue. However, I do agree that a warning should be given if the phone is in the car when you are getting out. In addition to a screen message I would prefer a voice (rather than another beep) when opening the driver's door saying "Please remember to take your phone." or "A phone is on the charging pad"

I’d like Tesla to have a solution to prevent my wife from grinding our 21”uberturbine rims on the curb every time she parks the car. Clearly she should have been a skateboarder!
I share your worries even though I have the Gemini wheels. Just fitted these caps which protect the wheel rims

20424304-E81F-420E-AC71-060B8A3E50E6.jpeg
40E3E1E3-E352-402E-A51E-CD0307734D05.jpeg

However, I do agree that a warning should be given if the phone is in the car when you are getting out. In addition to a screen message I would prefer a voice (rather than another beep) when opening the driver's door saying "Please remember to take your phone." or "A phone is on the charging pad"
$3 gets you a fix that keeps the Tesla developers away from mucking up any more code :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 15.10.01.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 15.10.01.png
    376.7 KB · Views: 68
Just thinking of compiling all the features and improvements you would like to see on your Tesla.

I'm thinking of dividing this into two categories :
1 - Updates list : for 'small', i.e: features that would be relatively easy for Tesla to implement through minor software updates, just requiring a bit of spare time & motivation
2 - Moonshot : highly desirable features that would require much more commitment or somewhat against Elon's wishes - call it Wishful thinking if you want, but it is here to gauge user desirability.

Ultimately it's a way to assess popularity of some features, and also to see if we can come up with great ideas where Tesla is lacking.

The purpose of this is also not to assess if/why a certain feature is not being rolled out due to specific local regulations, but rather to see if you would be interested in getting it nevertheless.
Of course feel free to discuss if a desired feature can be achieved through a workaround. (But avoiding as much as possible Third party paying software).

I know it's sometimes a collection of small things that can make your driving experience better.

I'll start, and maybe the mods can make this post a Wiki later:

Updates List
  • Alert if phone key is left on the wireless charger before exiting vehicle
  • View/download recorded Sentry / dashcam clips on Mobile App in addition to Live view.
  • Quick shortcuts : i.e : being able to scroll through radios stations using steering wheel buttons rather than having to use the touchscreen when driving
  • Pick up / Hang up phone calls using the left steering wheel button
  • Ability to customise or invert left / right steering wheel buttons functionality
  • Add B pillar cameras view (to gauge narrow spaces & kerbs)
  • Bird's eye view / 360° parking cameras
  • Add desired End charging time for optimised battery charging so the car can work backwards from there to determine the appropriate start time
  • Add a bit of AI in voice commands (know which person & number to call when it's the 200th time I'm saying the same name instead of asking me to clarify each time on touchscreen)
Between the two 😅
  • Smart summon not limited to 6m in UNECE countries. [FSD full merge for EU at some point....]
Moonshot
  • Apple CarPlay
  • Apple CarKey compatibility (not using BT but UWB) - alternatively, being able to emulate a NFC card in Apple Wallet to unlock the car using B pillar.
  • Waze integration
  • WhatsApp integration in Messages
  • (Free) LiDAR Retrofit for FSD 😁
  • V2L / V2H integrations

Over to you!
Fantastic list, thank you. A higher-quality BT interface allowing for controlling the music stored on my iPhone (i.e, I am not even asking for CarPlay compatibility here) -- e.g., choosing a playlist in my iPhone using the Tesla touchscreen, allowing voice control to choose artists/playlists, controlling basic iTunes functions -- is essential. The current setup lacks such basic functionality. Also, there is a perceptible lag between choosing an action on the phone and its response via Tesla's BT.

Btw, is Tesla not designed to be compatible with iMessage at all?! Pretty much everything with respect to texting via the iPhone seems to be grayed out on my Model S, under "Bluetooth".

I put in another thread earlier, I just want an option to unlock the charge port with the central locking. I must of lost hours of my life struggling with the app or climbing into the car to unlock the charge port over the last two years.
They make it as difficult as possible to try and force you to purchase their wall charger with the button (or just assume everyone has that and never consider those without one).

Reactions: spooksman
I put in another thread earlier, I just want an option to unlock the charge port with the central locking. I must of lost hours of my life struggling with the app or climbing into the car to unlock the charge port over the last two years.
I've now switched to using the key fob to unlock the charge port - much easier than the app or climbing into the car but even this is probably unnecessary when charging at home (although I can see a need for locking it when using public chargers)

I wish someone could make an add on which you can attach to your charger which gives you a button
They do:

Reactions: Adopado
Great suggestions most of which I’d be very happy to have.

Only one not mentioned so far is a route planner on the phone app.

I know I can use ABRP but it would be nice to do on the app and sync to the car