Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most requested features list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't think anyone has said this one yet which I guess means only I want it sadly.
the ability to have one phone connected for music and another for calls. My old Skoda's could do it so it can't be that hard.
Those with Teenagers will understand.

Not sure why WhatsApp integration should be a moon-shot seems like a reasonable request.
While we are on messaging. make the text much bigger on the confirmation dialogue while dictating an SMS. I can't (safely) read it

Reactions: Dilly
I started compiling my list, was called away, and when I got back many of my requested were already posted. I'll add my other ideas, and expansions at the end. However, first I second (3rd,4th,...) the following ideas:
Updates List
  • Quick shortcuts : i.e : being able to scroll through radios stations using steering wheel buttons rather than having to use the touchscreen when driving
  • Add B pillar cameras view (to gauge narrow spaces & kerbs)
  • Bird's eye view / 360° parking cameras
  • Add desired End charging time for optimised battery charging so the car can work backwards from there to determine the appropriate start time
  • Add a bit of AI in voice commands (know which person & number to call when it's the 200th time I'm saying the same name instead of asking me to clarify each time on touchscreen)
Moonshot
  • V2L / V2H integrations

• True 360 camera view (not just vector based)
  • Offline voice control (Google's voice

• Adjustment for auto-wiper rain sensitivity.

A button to quickly toggle dipped wing mirrors when in reverse

• ability to reorder audio favourites with respect to scroll wheel
  • For Spotify and USB remember previous play list/position
  • Scrolling text for audio and widened text field for various audio screens
  • Ability to display selected trip meters on main screen (business mileage logging)
  • relocate trip reset buttons from hidden bottom of display to same box as trip meters
  • allow permanent disablement of Lane departure warnings
  • Allow various screen magnifications/font sizes
  • relocate navigation prompts to animation screen or lower half of map so that it does not obscure where you are going

Ability to add/delete/pause additional trip meters. Why limit it to A and B? How about 1k or so?

Even better fix Lane departure warnings so it doesn't "Cry Wolf" when you safely cross the marking for an empty breakdown/bicycle lane to avoid an on coming car that has crossed the yellow line and might otherwise side swipe you! The collision avoidance warning also tends to "Cry Wolf" especially when driving around curves.

Even better make navigation prompt location adjustable.

FFW and RWD audio in USB playback via voice commands eg "back xx seconds" "forward xx minutes". When listening to an audio book / recorded podcast this would be so useful!!!
USB audio resume function. For some reason saying "USB" only half the time makes the music player go to the USB. Doesn't resume the track, doesn't auto-play the track. "USB" is recongnised as audio command - but half the time it does nothing! Very odd!
FFW and RWD buttons on the screen
A display that can fit a song name longer than 15 characters without scrolling back and forth - like jeez - the interface is so bad they can't fit a long song name on the display at once?!
Better audio book support.
  • Save location where last manually/automatically paused.
  • Resume play N seconds back from actual pause point.
  • Support saving pause points in multiple audio books.
  • Play back faster than 1x options.
More prominent "FFW and RWD buttons on the screen."
Third party chargers and the ability to precondition the battery for fast charging.

Start and stop times for home charging, we get three hours free electricity, I want to start charging at 8:55 and stop at 12:01 regardless of SOC most of the time.

Use left thumb wheel to change wiper speed after tapping button on stalk instead of having to use touch screen. Ditto with headlights. (they do this for S and X so why not 3 and Y)
Now that the US CCS adapter is available, much better support for third party chargers is needed. Preconditioning, finding, eventually automatically adding to navigation when needed.
You can use the, microscopic, scrub bar on the media player to move forward/backward. Maybe someday they will make it larger like they did with the power/regen bar.
This was news to me. It should be more prominent.

However, the MOONSHOT version is better documentation of all the hidden and advanced options available on screen. My dream version might include a "show page features" button on every page that highlighted all/most of the available touchable controls. Most of the UI is built with widgets anyway, so updating the framework might provide all or most of this.

Another example, why did I have to learn from a YouTube channel that touching the bathroom/restaurant/... icons on the supercharger popups would provide more details?
Air suspension option for M3/Y
Fears about occasional ground clearance issues was one of my primary reservations about purchasing the Model Y.
Rear pedestrian and traffic identification and alerts, when reversing.
The Model Y definitely has the worst inherent rear visibility of any car I have every owned. The camera view that popup when the car is put in R help a lot, but are weak at detecting crossing traffic.
2) Back massage with motorised lumbar motors
Massage was definitely a point in favor of buying the ID4 instead.
  • Kickdown in Chill mode
I would prefer to always drive in Chill mode, but currently it seems to impair my ability to "floor it" when doing a difficult merge, or an emergency maneuver, so I feel compelled to stay in "Sport" mode.
Couple of simple ones:
  • Reordering (well, any ordering) of lists (favourite radio stations, locations etc)
  • A better Joe Mode that actually shuts up non-essential bongs (maybe call it "Let my passengers sleep mode")
One harder one:
  • The ability to make the car visualisation area smaller (or resizable) - such a waste of space
My wife hates beeps. Our washer, drier, and microwave all had to have the ability to turn off the beeps. Currently the Tesla beeps, and inability to turn off one-pedal-driving are the main reasons she won't consider a Tesla as her next car.

So I would definitely like a way to totally suppress all beeps not mandated by the government. Extra credit version, alternative visual signals. Lots of extra credit version, allow us to adjust the volume and sound for each beep individually!
Navigation needs to have all third-party charging stations which have >= 4x100KW chargers, it's increasingly poor to be using overbusy Tesla chargers on some routes (M4/M74) when there are better offerings from Gridserve, MFG, Osprey, and Instavolt.

I'd like the car to give me the option of turning off the verbal diarrhea of the satnav instructions, and instead get a little bong a when I need to take action (1 mile ahead for motorway, 300m ahead for a 30 zone). Currently I can have satnav noise, or the hope that I glace at the screen regularly enough
My 2009 Honda CRV had adjustable levels of verbal navigation instructions. I sometimes wish for something similar in the Tesla.

I would ESPECIALLY like to temporarily mute the satnav when I am running in Navigate-on-Autopilot mode!

Improved road noise insulation.
Hauling a kayak on the roof can definitely get noisy.
  1. Basic auto high beam which works, and preferably operable matrix headlights.
  2. Wipers which don’t auto wipe a dry screen, do auto wipe for drizzle, and where speed can be manually controlled via scroll wheel (like in latest S\X).

3. Sat nav which can correctly count roundabout exits.
  4. Speed assist which can correctly apply the current speed limit, and preemptively adjust set speed when approaching a lower limit.
  5. Vented seats.
  6. Electrochromic roof.

7. Power frunk.
  8. Frunk drain plug.
  9. Adaptive suspension.
  10. HUD.

11. Add additional controls to the app.

12. Voice control overhaul so it actually works reliably.
In addition to all the fine suggestions quoted above, and expanding on some of them here are my additions to the dream list.

Why do I have to re-select where I was (especially after the Tesla sleeps) when I:
  • Try to resume a USB audio book or music album?
  • Switch back to Streaming and as usual want the "Tesla Favorites" channel?
The new relocatable "blind spot" camera is an improvement. Could I opt in to turning on the full default REVERSE camera views when I signal a turn? In traffic looking at one place to also see the traffic immediately behind me would be useful. During low speed turns, especially in parking lots, seeing the lane lines and avoiding curb rash would be wonderful. I currently have one of the short-cut buttons set to bring up the REVERSE camera view, and use it frequently, especially in parking lots. However I would really like to have the turn signal activate it instead.

A setting option in the Tesla App (Android in my case) to temporarily disable Bluetooth. This could prevent phone battery drain from staying "Connected" to my car all night, resolve difficulties I have with other Bluetooth devices connecting to the phone that never had issues before I installed the Tesla app, and permit temporarily disabling the Bluetooth phone as key functionality when I need to leave the phone in or near the car without requiring me to disable all the phone's Bluetooth functionality.

When I get a notification on my phone that the rear hatch has been left open, and I am given the option to close it. If I choose to close it, I will probably actually OPEN the rear hatch because the notification is usually stale. Any option to open or close something should do nothing if that something is already open or closed. Likewise for any option to turn something on or off. This is especially a problem when the phone's internet access is sporadic, and/or the car is out of sight.
A manually set continuously variable speed wiper option, or at least a way to nudge the automatic wipers to be more/less aggressive.

When I am "supervising" the Tesla's level 2 automatic driving, I should be able to set the wipers to a faster speed than the AI requires, but not to a slower speed. This morning I was repeatedly pushing the wiper stalk while in Autopilot mode.

When it is raining (the wipers are on) both the headlights and tail lights should be ON to comply with the law in many states. When in Autopilot mode, I have found no way to force the lights ON.

When in Autopilot mode at night, the AI is very rude with its high beams on divided highways when traffic is light. To the point where I sometimes feel compelled to drive manually instead of being a jerk at night.

Why is the maximum follow distance for adaptive cruise control only seven? I would like an option 8 which is twice the following distance of seven, and an option 9 which is twice to following distance of eight. When there are only two cars on an otherwise deserted multiple lane highway I find following at 7 to be rude "tailgating."

Grab handles to ease getting in and out of the car.

My 2018 Audi Q5 had the majority of the requests in this thread working seamlessly. Two weeks into my Model Y, I love the driving experience but it feels as though a lot of the the UI technology is style over substance. I’d rather Tesla prioritised their development resources to have fully functional matrix headlights and usable wipers instead of gimmicks such as the light show.

My 2018 Audi Q5 had the majority of the requests in this thread working seamlessly. Two weeks into my Model Y, I love the driving experience but it feels as though a lot of the the UI technology is style over substance. I’d rather Tesla prioritised their development resources to have fully functional matrix headlights and usable wipers instead of gimmicks such as the light show.
That’s the truth. Same with my Land Rover. Tesla are actually years behind the rest of the industry once you get past the drivetrain - no amount of “we’re a tech company” flannel changes that.

That’s the truth. Same with my Land Rover. Tesla are actually years behind the rest of the industry once you get past the drivetrain - no amount of “we’re a tech company” flannel changes that.

I’d like Tesla to have a solution to prevent my wife from grinding our 21”uberturbine rims on the curb every time she parks the car. Clearly she should have been a skateboarder!
Really annoyed about this too.
Curbed my first wheel this weekend manovering a tight space, and it could have been easily avoided if I had the forward-diagonal cameras that already exist on B pillar as an available view, like on my 3 previous cars before !!

I mean: the bloody cameras are there, Elon tweeted back in 2019 that it could be made available, and yet they have done nothing....

But hey, I guess when it comes to software development priorities, the fart box was way above this in the list :rolleyes:...

It would take them not more than a day to add it as a display view via a software update... Maybe a couple more days if they wanted to go full circle (pun intended) and use vector stitching to make a 360° view.

I don't get why they wouldn't do it already!

Really annoyed about this too.
Curbed my first wheel this weekend manovering a tight space, and it could have been easily avoided if I had the forward-diagonal cameras that already exist on B pillar as an available view, like on my 3 previous cars before !!

I mean: the bloody cameras are there, Elon tweeted back in 2019 that it could be made available, and yet they have done nothing....

But hey, I guess when it comes to software development priorities, the fart box was way above this in the list :rolleyes:...

It would take them not more than a day to add it as a display view via a software update... Maybe a couple more days if they wanted to go full circle (pun intended) and use vector stitching to make a 360° view.

I don't get why they wouldn't do it already!
I’ve curbed mine too, parallel parking in a space where I’d never have curbed the Discovery as it a) was vastly easier to park by dint of a decent turning circle b) had a much better view naturally and had 360 cameras and c) had 21” alloys that were much better designed rather than sitting out from the tyre. Ah well.

Reactions: curleymapper
To be fair, every single Tesla I'm looking at on the streets have curbed wheels... Madness...
Come on Elon. Just give us access to B pillar cameras now!
A big part of the curbing problem is the shape of the tire sidewall.

So on a vertical curb, the rim hits the curb before the tire does.

Another factor is the long-ish wheelbase, so you learn to swing a little wide when turning in or out of entrances.

A big part of the curbing problem is the shape of the tire sidewall.

So on a vertical curb, the rim hits the curb before the tire does.

Another factor is the long-ish wheelbase, so you learn to swing a little wide when turning in or out of entrances.
My old Mercedes had fairly low profile tyres, but they had a 'rim protection' band on them that stuck out a fair bit to prevent kerbing. Not that it stopped my wife trashing two on a roundabout mind...

Dumb cruise control, with resume.

Dumb windscreen wipers.

Dumb headlights.

Permanently disable lane departure warning.

Controls around wheel, so driver does not have to look away from road to, for example, turn on fog lights, change radio station,

In short, the option to not cede control of the vehicle to a learner driver. My 2006 Saab did these things better than a 2022 Tesla.

-Be able to call someone from my iPhone phone book and it recognise the contact rather than navigate to a random destination, which Siri has been able to do since it was created.
-Revert updates as many break features
-See what’s in the update before applying it
-Dumb cruise control like in my car from 10 years ago

-Be able to call someone from my iPhone phone book and it recognise the contact rather than navigate to a random destination, which Siri has been able to do since it was created.
-Revert updates as many break features
-See what’s in the update before applying it
-Dumb cruise control like in my car from 10 years ago
I have bought a phone holder for my MY and now use Siri and Apple maps from the phone. Defeats the object somewhat, but less frustrating than the crap UI in the Tesla.