Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the EV lifestyle lead to obesity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a very good 60 Minutes piece on the dangers of sugar, and it includes some compelling research. Bottom line: technically, there is no difference between sucrose and HFCS. They are both equally bad for you. The problem with HFCS is that it's so pervasive. It is used in thousands of food products found in the supermarket, from orange juice to bread. As a result, we have no idea how much of it we're consuming.

The most compelling part of this story is the link between sugar and heart disease. Twenty years ago, people never would have imagined such a link existed.

Is sugar toxic? - YouTube

I don't see why. It's a choice after all.

It is great to have choices. Some lives (lifestyles) are such that choices are very limited.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a very good 60 Minutes piece on the dangers of sugar, and it includes some compelling research. Bottom line: technically, there is no difference between sucrose and HFCS. They are both equally bad for you. The problem with HFCS is that it's so pervasive. It is used in thousands of food products found in the supermarket, from orange juice to bread. As a result, we have no idea how much of it we're consuming.

The most compelling part of this story is the link between sugar and heart disease. Twenty years ago, people never would have imagined such a link existed.

Is sugar toxic? - YouTube

I agree with you, sugar has no nutritional value but might be addictive and pushed onto people. Public health campaigns, similar to anti smoking campaigns, would go a long way towards improving public health and reducing health related costs.

I have a treadmill desk (brand: Lifespan). It is freaking awesome. I basically walk 2 miles a day without realizing it, lol.

I have this one:

Exerpeutic 2000 WorkFit High Capacity Desk Station Treadmill - YouTube

Amazon.ca delivered it to my office for $800. I had really bad sciatica and I have basically cured myself by barely sitting. Even just standing while working is so much better for my back. Plus, I find it's really easy to type and walk, and I can even drink coffee at the same time -- black so no sugar. ;)

I duplicated my "sit down" desk, so I have two monitors on my treadmill desk, and two on my main desk, fed by the same computer, and two keyboards and mice, so I can easily sit at my desk to take phone calls, make notes, etc. just by moving between the two set ups. It's the best lifestyle move I have made since I spend so much time at the office.

They say "sitting" is the new smoking and it's time to quit:

Sitting is the new smoking, and it’s time to quit - The Globe and Mail

The solution to this is fairly obvious. The supercharger stall is ideal for installation of a stationary bike: the seat goes on the top and the pedals go in the open area of the stall. There would be a generator too, obviously, to add a few extra watts to the charge - in addition to adding some redundancy in case of power outages.

Choices I've got. Willpower, not so much :)

Blame your Mom....

Exhibition examines the science behind food cravings (Interesting video on that BBC page btw)
Untitled.jpg