Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consequences for blocking EV chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't seem like a stretch for Tesla to make superchargers detect a car is in the charging spot even if it isn't charging. At a minimum they could report those stalls as occupied.
One would think the city would enforce these rules & restrictions for their own revenue stream.

I saw multiple GasHoles at the WaWa on Route 18 south on Old Bridge blocked by GasHoles who can’t find a parking spot and they would block a supercharger for their convenience. Sheesh I even saw a Fed Ex driver chilling in his truck next to a UPS truck just idling. There is no enforcement. But will suggest that idea to my town to enforce this for the Extra revenue then can make.

• Funny
Reactions: cdswm3
One would think the city would enforce these rules & restrictions for their own revenue stream.

I saw multiple GasHoles at the WaWa on Route 18 south on Old Bridge blocked by GasHoles who can’t find a parking spot and they would block a supercharger for their convenience. Sheesh I even saw a Fed Ex driver chilling in his truck next to a UPS truck just idling. There is no enforcement. But will suggest that idea to my town to enforce this for the Extra revenue then can make.
Funny thread!

When a Super Charger is located near the front door of a business it seems like it‘s asking for ICE vehicles to use charging parking spots, that’s an error by the designer. Especially when it’s a convenience store or another type of business where people run in and out, the same people block handicap spots. Seems like it better to build SC’s far from the door.

IMG_1463.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: brainhouston
Funny thread!

When a Super Charger is located near the front door of a business it seems like it‘s asking for ICE vehicles to use charging parking spots, that’s an error by the designer. Especially when it’s a convenience store or another type of business where people run in and out, the same people block handicap spots. Seems like it better to build SC’s far from the door.

View attachment 1006809
But that’s prime real estate from the establishment. Think about it if you at the SC for East 10/15 minutes, your more like to get more than a beverage. Bs some GasHole is coming in and leaving after he gets his coffee & paper. As far as stores are concerned, if they applied to put in the SC’s they have dedicated the spots for EV’s . Don’t hate the messenger.

I stopped by a mall yesterday that has a few CCS chargers. I needed to run an errand and getting a quick top-off would have been helpful. Plugshare showed one port available, however, I found an obnoxious Model Y parked there, not charging.
Unfortunately, it, too, was the 1st stall in the row and close to the entrance. The car already had the door smashed in so, likely, the driver isn't one who has a lot of regard for physical space or adherence to social protocols.
I couldn't find the number to call mall security.
I guess EVs have gone mainstream.

I noticed that Volta put their chargers in front of a business since they get sponsored by businesses and advertisements displayed on their pedestal.
But unfortunately, because of their location, they are often occupied by other cars, who seems not concerned or unaware of those needed chargers.
Maybe the floor should be painted in a different color to make those spots more obvious that they are restricted to EVs?

Volta 01 .jpg

Last edited:
I noticed that Volta put their chargers in front of a business since they get sponsored by businesses and advertisements displayed on their pedestal.
But unfortunately, because of their location, they are often occupied by other cars, who seems not concerned or unaware of those needed chargers.
Maybe the floor should be painted in a different color to make those spots more obvious that they are restricted to EVs?

View attachment 1006948
This Volta location looks identical to the one in front of Kohl’s near me. Although painted and clearly marked as “Electric Vehicle charging only”