Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed in app, features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am surprised Tesla did not make the voice command do a lot more like everything I should be able to turn anything that you can from the screen.

An update to voice commands is coming... Eventually... According to Elon it hadn't been released yet because they want something that "just works". Which is a big problem with most voice commands... Especially in cars.

For now, you will have to live with music, phone, and navigation... I am looking forward to their release of the update to this, hopefully they get support from Google on this or something, because Google had probably the best voice detection system out there.

I'm also disappointed in that the rear defroster and wiper heater are not controlled via the app. I don't understand why it is not. The purpose of the app is to make it "ready" for use when you get there. It does a good job on the windshield since I set the temperature at 83 F. Does not seem like it would take that much effort to do.