Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointing Service Experience w/Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had a disappointing repair experience with my Tesla Model Y. Needing a new windshield, I attempted to schedule a repair time at the Cedar Springs location in Dallas, TX. The provided repair time estimate was given as “end of the day”. Tesla will not provide owners with a “loner” car while the windshield repair takes place. Additionally, Tesla also will not guarantee the car will be ready for the end of the day because the technician might “run into other issue or get behind”.

Since I live 2 ½ hours away, I asked if someone from the service center could take me to a mall or somewhere within 10 miles as it seems like it would be several hours before the car would be ready. I was told “no”, as of last week local drop offs are no longer an option.

Those considering Tesla versus another brand of car might want to take into consideration Tesla’s service attitude when it comes to service and loner cars, especially if you live out of the service area. If the repair estimate is within 24 hours, you will NOT be able to take a loner car. If the repair estimate takes longer than expected you are NOT promised a loner car. I was told I would have to Uber, or have a friend follow me to the Dallas area if I didn’t want to sit and wait for the repair to be completed. I asked what if it’s the end of the day and the repair isn’t complete, I was told they are not allowed to give loner cars overnight for repairs that have an “end of the day” estimate. I assume that meant “get a hotel and wait some more”.

It’s not a warranty service it’s just a Paid service. Why would you expect a free car or a personal driver to take you to the mall? If you took it to Safelight for glass (like others would do) would they give you a loaner car? No