Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Experience ......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI,

What is your experience with Tesla's service?
My Model S "died" 1,5 week ago, it was brought to a official Tesla Service Centre. Even TODAY they are not able to rpovide an EXPECTED date to start the DIAGNOSE (not even the repair itself...).
Trying to communicate with them using Phone, Email and App.... basically you get NO response, I never succeeded to speak to a human.

The message is very friendly: "Don't call us we call you".... I'm totally clueless about when I will receive my 125 K€ car back.
And this is the 2nd time this happens to me.

The service is below any global/local standard, and the way I'm treated is best described with "utter contempt of the consumer".... I have never been treated so bad before.

Elon can recover rockets and build a Starlink network. When you send a parcel to anywhere on Planet Earth, you will know the expected delivery date AND time when sending and they keep you updated if things might change. THEN WHY is it impossible for Tesla to give a prediction about when the repair is expected to be ready?

Tesla is selling millions of cars.... I wonder... did Tesla realize those cars need service & repair..... it feels Tesla's Service network just can't cope ....

Any suggestion what to do to speed up repair?

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
I sympathize with you. My MY “died” with less than 600 miles on MLK day. Had it towed to a SC and it is still sitting in the lot with no updates except an ETA of completion in the mobile app. It also has 4% battery life remaining on the main battery with multiple requests to plug the car in so it doesn’t deplete completely. Trying to talk to a human has been a fail. Guess robots can’t take over the world just yet.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Upvote 0
I sympathize with you. My MY “died” with less than 600 miles on MLK day. Had it towed to a SC and it is still sitting in the lot with no updates except an ETA of completion in the mobile app. It also has 4% battery life remaining on the main battery with multiple requests to plug the car in so it doesn’t deplete completely. Trying to talk to a human has been a fail. Guess robots can’t take over the world just yet.
The good news for you is that your App is still connected to the car... my App shows a "Ghost-image" of the car and has no connection at all...

Upvote 0
I have not had a positive experience with Tesla Service in Gilroy after about eight visits. After a few delays for parts from early January to to end of January. I finally dropped my model S for service for steering rack replacement for $4,580 at 78K miles. No explanations as to why the rack needed replacement. Tesla Serve delayed twice more for a total of 10 days to replace the rack. I was sent a message three minutes before closing to pick up the car when the service department was closed. The car was not test driven prior to returning: low voltage light on dashboard, and red hazard light displayed on screen. I finally got a hold of a sales manager who helped located my key. Extremely poor communications.
A week later I had to have my model 3 windshield replaced. I have three Tesla. I was told it would take 4 hours. I dropped off my car at 8 and I confirmed with the guy at the service department and he told my model 3 will be done by 1 pm. I was not given a loaner but Uber credit. The time of completion was changed to 4:15 without any notifications. Inquiries were made to confirm the time without any replies. If you have your car service with Tesla, you are at their mercy. I will be taking my Tesla to other Tesla service from Gilroy. Such bad service.

Upvote 0