Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Cyber(nota)truck even more Not a truck than I first thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An El Comino is NOT a truck. Subaru Brat was NOT a truck. The Ridgeline is NOT a truck.

You can dress things up to make them look like something they are not but just as many people are confused by many things, when you get down to it a truck has to do certain things. If it can't do those things then it is simply another type of vehicle.

Not saying it is bad when the proper definition is applied. The cybertruck might actually be the best SUV out there, but it isn't a truck any more than some people are not Wonder Woman no matter how much you dress them up.

For those people that need a truck that does truck things this is not the vehicle for us. But let's not change the definition of truck just for the sake of making some people feel better about their purchase.

An El Comino is NOT a truck. Subaru Brat was NOT a truck. The Ridgeline is NOT a truck.

You can dress things up to make them look like something they are not but just as many people are confused by many things, when you get down to it a truck has to do certain things. If it can't do those things then it is simply another type of vehicle.

Not saying it is bad when the proper definition is applied. The cybertruck might actually be the best SUV out there, but it isn't a truck any more than some people are not Wonder Woman no matter how much you dress them up.

For those people that need a truck that does truck things this is not the vehicle for us. But let's not change the definition of truck just for the sake of making some people feel better about their purchase.
Your opinion means nothing except to you.

It's fine you don't consider the Lightning, Rivian, or CT a truck, but that doesn't make it true. They are trucks, legally, by tax definitions, marketing definitions, etc...

It’s a truck… might not be a “work” truck but it’s a truck. Don’t like it don’t buy it… I’m sure there is an appropriate “truck” forum you can join and gush all over… but constantly posting on a CT forum after you’ve decided it’s not the “truck” for you just seems a bit foolish.
it is NOT anything Tesla and Elon said it would be when it came out except stainless (which now, four years later, is something Tesla is "educating" the consumer that Stainless means "stain less" not nonstainable.
And I am not arguing whether it is or is not a truck. It isn't.
There's a famous three dimensional artist. He can't do anything that you can't do. But he's famous because he works his audience. I saw him in person before he got famous, back when he still did two dimensional art "workshops" for rich bored housewives. Elon and his staff sweat the same sauce sometimes. But this guy is better than Elon because he chose art. Art is more bull than beef. The Cybernotatruck is too much "art" and not enough engineering.
if all the shortcomings that were created by the leaking roll top notatonneau cover had been recognized as being caused by elon's belief that there should be this stupid cover then this vehicle might have been an actual usable vehicle instead of a half-baked toy. The engineering fails because FIRST PRINCIPLES was never followed. period. That retractable piece of crap even looks bad. It does not fit the rest of the vehicles vibe. It's like piece of tape on a mirror. It has not been designed for Jack. At least no one has come out and said, "The Black rolling top looks so good against the stainless steel." hahahaha But I just had a thought... I bet it does look better when you pay another $4-7k to get a wrap that matches the stupid rolltop! Wow. Yeah. Tesla got it so wrong that to make the biggest failure of the Cybernotatruck look like it isn't an afterthought (when it was the main thought) the owner needs to hide all the stain-less. Wow. The depth of absurdity Tesla went to to keep that hideous rolltop.
It even looks like Tesla sabotaged the vehicle by putting that stupid rolling cover in the middle and then destroyed the entire back half of the truck just to keep it. That flat space behind the front seats isn't worth a damn. The seats should have attached to the floor just like the front seats. It would have been less new parts. It would have reduced costs. And then having those seat fold down just like in my 2008 Ram (which several other automanufacturers do so there isn't a patent issue. And then make the wall between the "Vault/bed/really a trunk fold out of the way. And have at the very least an optional stainless "Wedge Camper" that can be fixed to that area to make it into a van/wagon hybrid. That would have made the back area usable for a far greater number of uses than just an in the weather elements trunk. But Elon didn't want a van. Station wagons and vans aren't S3XY. He wanted to be truck manufacturer for real men, and not a van producer for soccer moms. SO now he made a big stain-less turd on four oversized wheels that get crap for mileage with batteries that aren't at the level he told us we'd be 2 years ago.
You know I can sit here and with my limited brain I can definitely redesign the cybernotatruck into a much more usable vehicle that would look better and cost less and get better mileage.
Take out that idiotic Rolltop and all its rails and storage structures. Right away that'd give you another inch in the bed or the cabin, and no telling how many hundreds of pounds reduction in weight and room. Leave the bed open for now. But attach the back seats to the floor like the front seats, More money saved. And design a couple of pop-off and on stainless wedges. One turns it into a station wagon silhouette, and the other makes it a squat van silhouette. maybe even a third that keeps the original shape but opens like a trunk (which is essentially what that rooltop makes of the bed). No one is going to ride around with the rolltop retracted. The bed is a trunk.

If (when) Tesla uses the cyberesque vibe in making a real SUV instead of this idiotic shard it will be phenomenal...unless Elon puts an escalator in it because he thinks it works. Sort of a Cyber X. And if he must, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt (like I did until I actually got the truth on the cyberTurd). Maybe a big freakin' Falcon wing on one side would be extremely useful. I can think of a couple of ways to incorporate it. When the wing is up it can have a tent overlaying it making an area you can stand up and change your clothes. etc etc.

But the cybertruck in reality never met elon's expectations. The cool bending of the HFS I get. That will be useful moving away from the cyberturd. Maybe that HFS will have several advantages when designing a real SUV (sans moving walkway).

Just to be clear, if the CT is not a truck, neither are the F150L or the Rivian as it performs about the same as both of those.

It's a BEV issue at this point. Even if the CT had 500 miles of range, people would be complaining about only being able to tow >200 miles.

Many hoped that Tesla would overcome physics/drag, battery density, etc, but they did not.

The Biggest difference is the only thing different from the Lightning and the ICE F-150 is the powertrain, like saying the EB isn’t a Truck.

The Cybertruck is based off?

Besides, Tesla’s new commercial rescues a Lightning

I don't even need it to do "truck things." I just needed Elon not to be stupid enough to destroy so many things a Cyberturd could have done just so it has a hideous, leaky (air and water, both destroy the vehicle's abilities),
frail (yeah you can stand on it, but wait till it starts failing with all the moving parts that are being stored where you can't get at them),
ugly (unless you pay $6k to wrap and hide the stainless so it matches the damn rolltop The WHOLE vehicle starts to look wrong. Wait isn't the stain-less part of the marketing ploy?)
heavy (and that is without all the water that is going to get in the rolltop panels and god knows where else)
Roll Down door.

The Biggest difference is the only thing different from the Lightning and the ICE F-150 is the powertrain, like saying the EB isn’t a Truck.

The Cybertruck is based off?

Besides, Tesla’s new commercial rescues a Lightning

If only that was new or original... or even better? The Lightning beats the cyberturd in usability of its electricity in ever way. The only hope for Tesla is in their software regarding this capability. RIght now Ford provides electricity to the Front so you could have two work areas. And the Frunk whether on purpose or not has much more versatility than the Cyberturd. Actually Elon had to make an effort to make the Cyberturd's Frunk so constricted. Surely an engineer designed the Frunk with an outlet. And Elon did what?

I don't even need it to do "truck things." I just needed Elon not to be stupid enough to destroy so many things a Cyberturd could have done just so it has a hideous, leaky (air and water, both destroy the vehicle's abilities),
frail (yeah you can stand on it, but wait till it starts failing with all the moving parts that are being stored where you can't get at them),
ugly (unless you pay $6k to wrap and hide the stainless so it matches the damn rolltop The WHOLE vehicle starts to look wrong. Wait isn't the stain-less part of the marketing ploy?)
heavy (and that is without all the water that is going to get in the rolltop panels and god knows where else)
Roll Down door.
UGH...

You need to stop the rant... You don't NEED anything you state. You NEED to breath, you NEED to be free to make your own choices, You NEED to have certain rights. NONE of the things you NEED have anything to do with Elon of Cyber trucks. What you want is obvious from your crazy hair wild eyed ranting... Time to go, please get your coat and your tinfoil hat on your way out the door.

But the cybertruck can't do truck things and as such should not be sold as a truck and please do not buy it if your intention is to use it for truck things.

Now I will pick up MY tinfoil hat and bid all adue....

Reactions: Skavatar
Just to be clear, if the CT is not a truck, neither are the F150L or the Rivian as it performs about the same as both of those.

It's a BEV issue at this point. Even if the CT had 500 miles of range, people would be complaining about only being able to tow >200 miles.

Many hoped that Tesla would overcome physics/drag, battery density, etc, but they did not.
Yeah? except an F-150 lightning fits this to a T. And I tried to find a definition of a truck that was an actual definition that was from a credible source and they all excluded the Cyberturd or had vague answers like A vehicle designed to haul loads.

If only that was new or original... or even better? The Lightning beats the cyberturd in usability of its electricity in ever way. The only hope for Tesla is in their software regarding this capability. RIght now Ford provides electricity to the Front so you could have two work areas. And the Frunk whether on purpose or not has much more versatility than the Cyberturd. Actually Elon had to make an effort to make the Cyberturd's Frunk so constricted. Surely an engineer designed the Frunk with an outlet. And Elon did what?
150kW charging with ccs is horrid. Not sure anyone that makes these statements has any sort of experience with what they’re preaching.

Reactions: vcor
Yeah? except an F-150 lightning fits this to a T. And I tried to find a definition of a truck that was an actual definition that was from a credible source and they all excluded the Cyberturd or had vague answers like A vehicle designed to haul loads.
You understand that the F150L and the CT have the same towing range? Same with the Rivian. Similar charging curves, similar range, similar off-road performance for all 3.

Yes, many KNEW Tesla would beat them, but because it's the same it's now less of a truck?

Sure.

UGH...

You need to stop the rant... You don't NEED anything you state. You NEED to breath, you NEED to be free to make your own choices, You NEED to have certain rights. NONE of the things you NEED have anything to do with Elon of Cyber trucks. What you want is obvious from your crazy hair wild eyed ranting... Time to go, please get your coat and your tinfoil hat on your way out the door.

But the cybertruck can't do truck things and as such should not be sold as a truck and please do not buy it if your intention is to use it for truck things.

Now I will pick up MY tinfoil hat and bid all adue....
You might actually learn something:
Please note the God/religion/Deity aspect of dieu. I would have found "Adue" humorous in my Alabama part of my brain.
And a more archaic use was not "good wishes" but "I live you in god's hands" or "I leave you with God."

You understand that the F150L and the CT have the same towing range? Same with the Rivian. Similar charging curves, similar range, similar off-road performance for all 3.

Yes, many KNEW Tesla would beat them, but because it's the same it's now less of a truck?

Sure.
And you understand that none of them told millions of customers that their trucks would get anything different. All of the pro-cyber posters need to quit trying to defend Tesla by talking of another company. This isn't about what they are doing or said they would do. This is about how very poorly the whole process of what Tesla did on every level with the Cyberturd is being glossed over. Tesla built another Lotus Elise. A vehicle that looks but doesn't do. At least the Elise Teslas went fast even if they were crap to drive.

You might actually learn something:
Please note the God/religion/Deity aspect of dieu. I would have found "Adue" humorous in my Alabama part of my brain.
And a more archaic use was not "good wishes" but "I live you in god's hands" or "I leave you with God."
Are you assuming I didn't mean it as good wishes or I leave you in god's hands?

Because I absolutely meant to wish everyone the best... If you were willing to read my post why wouldn't I?

Are you assuming I didn't mean it as good wishes or I leave you in god's hands?

Because I absolutely meant to wish everyone the best... If you were willing to read my post why wouldn't I?
Nope, more in reference to how far away you were from the "Deity" aspect by writing "Adue". Often I put the i before the e in deity. but I don't think I ever wrote Adieu as, Adue.

Sure.
It is much less of a vehicle over all as to what Elon and Tesla clearly stated, and constantly reiterated.
ONCE AGAIN WHAT FORD OR ANY OTHER MAKER IS DOING IS NOT THE ISSUE. Tesla laid a big shard egg. Smaller, slower, weaker, less range, with a third of the truck taking on water when the bed is secured.... No other truck maker has a cover that is designed to leak (except rivian?). The roll tonneau is pathetic. It blocked Tesla from designing a decent truck.

This Cybertruck is living inside the haters minds. This is great. They write novels about the truck and Elon. They must think about this truck more than me, and I should be getting it the next few months. Can't wait until they see them all over the road, they might die of a heart attack from all this stress.
Why? I am use to seeing people buying crappy cars.

You understand that the bed is no longer SS, right? This is the concept picture, not what is being delivered.
You're correct. I took my 2008 Ram from the dealer to the line-X guy. And Tesla couldn't see the stupidity of having a stainless floor in the bed? And to make it even look more like a group of fools designed the bed they put deep groves in the bed for securing the cargo. And while we are at it. How Tesla thought they could make that tailgate? I have no idea. And for it to be durable and actually usable. ha the F ha.
Addendum: And to add to their blindness. That ramp/tailgate would have cost a couple of thousand dollars minimum. Probably closer to $3k. The slides and materials would have been either extremely heavy. So heavy the truck would be performance hampered. Or it would be made out of exotic materials and cost even more. And the mechanisms that needed to lock one panel to another???? This group would have had to hire an engineer to do it for them.
Oh wait. They probably hired that guy and he laughed at em.

Last edited: