Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't Auto Park with FSD - version 2024.3.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must be doing something wrong.
I have FDS with version 2024.3.10 that supposedly includes Auto Park but when I slowly drive by open parking spots, nothing happens i.e. The "P" does not appear on my display.
I do almost all my driving locally and don't use Self Drive although Tesla may have decided that I should use Self Drive and if it is on, I don't not know how to turn it off?
Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Bob

I have FDS with version 2024.3.10 that supposedly includes Auto Park but when I slowly drive by open parking spots, nothing happens i.e. The "P" does not appear on my display.
I do almost all my driving locally and don't use Self Drive although Tesla may have decided that I should use Self Drive and if it is on, I don't not know how to turn it off?
Thank you
Bob
You can turn FSDs on or off in the Autopilot Features in the car.
1000028986.jpg

Upvote 0
Thank you
Bob

If I'm not mistaken, on newer cars with HW4 and no ultrasonic sensors, AutoPark is not enabled yet.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
Thanks Zoomer.
I did see that but I wasn't quite sure how to turn it off.
I'll make sure that I have the same Auto-Pilot settings as in the photo of your Model S and try again.
Thank you again Zoomer
Bob
Autopilot is not the same as Auto Park. Auto Park is not an FSD feature, but a car feature depending on hardware and software installed. Currently it is vision-only, and not available for USS cars.

Upvote 0
Boomer wrote "That Pic shows FSD (supervised) on. Choose Traffic Aware Cruise Control if you don't want FSDs."
I haven't used FSD and right now I would like to get Auto Park going since it was very helpful for roughly the 2 years that I used it, until it abruptly was removed late last year.
I'll get to FSD in the next few weeks but right now I would like to be able to use Auto Park.
Thanks guys
Bob

Upvote 0
Autopilot is not the same as Auto Park. Auto Park is not an FSD feature, but a car feature depending on hardware and software installed. Currently it is vision-only, and not available for USS cars.
Autopark is included in Enhanced Autopilot software (Autopilot, Auto Lane Change, Autopark, Summon & Smart Summon) for MY. Upgrade cost is $6,000.- in TeslaApp. My 2021 MYLR has USS and Autopark is enabled with FSD since last Sunday.

Upvote 0
Woodrick wrote "As you are passing some spots, stop, put in reverse. Do you see any blue "squares" with a P in the middle?"
I haven't done that and am handling the way Auto Park worked before it was removed which was to proceed forward until an available parking space was passes and then start the Auto Park process. I never backed up because I thought that it would throw the Auto Park process out of kilt and have nothing to lose, if try backing up

Upvote 0
I haven't done that and am handling the way Auto Park worked before it was removed which was to proceed forward until an available parking space was passes and then start the Auto Park process. I never backed up because I thought that it would throw the Auto Park process out of kilt and have nothing to lose, if try backing up

The round “P” symbol indicating the parking options is difficult to see on the screen (white P in light gray circle).. it kind of blends in .. You initiate the Autopark process by stopping, putting the car in reverse (blue outline of parking space appears on the screen) and clicking on the blue “Park” button to start the maneuver.

Reactions: ewoodrick
Upvote 0
Woodrick wrote "As you are passing some spots, stop, put in reverse. Do you see any blue "squares" with a P in the middle?"
The new version doesn't require driving past the space. Now it will show all the empty spaces it can see, including ones still in front of the car, with a box (blue or grey, I can't remember), and show a "P" in the closest space. You can either accept the default space or tap any of the other spaces shown, and the car will move forward to position itself for backing in.

Upvote 0