Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Released to Legacy S and X - 2024.3.15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skipdd

Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2015
Silver Spring, MD

I received the above update last night and it appears to have merged FSD with my current software. My IC display looks like what I see in FSD videos. My Auto-Pilot page in the Control Panel screen doesn’t show EAP, but now says Full Self Driving with lots of selections I don’t recall having before. I looked it up online and it says this release provides FSD 12 to legacy S and X customers.

This update adds FSD v12 to the legacy Model S and Model X, as well as the new Model 3 for the first time. This update is also available for other vehicles which are already on FSD v12.

Reactions: Tazman81

I received the above update last night and it appears to have merged FSD with my current software. My IC display looks like what I see in FSD videos. My Auto-Pilot page in the Control Panel screen doesn’t show EAP, but now says Full Self Driving with lots of selections I don’t recall having before. I looked it up online and it says this release provides FSD 12 to legacy S and X customers.

This update adds FSD v12 to the legacy Model S and Model X, as well as the new Model 3 for the first time. This update is also available for other vehicles which are already on FSD v12.
When you say "legacy" S and X, what autopilot hardware version are you referring to? Presumably only relatively recently models that have HW3? I'd be pretty shocked if Tesla's trying to add FSD to hardware 2.5 cars without a retrofit, and certainly no AP1 cars that don't even support EAP and only have a single camera.

Reactions: Silicon Desert