Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't Auto Park with FSD - version 2024.3.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must be doing something wrong.
I have FDS with version 2024.3.10 that supposedly includes Auto Park but when I slowly drive by open parking spots, nothing happens i.e. The "P" does not appear on my display.
I do almost all my driving locally and don't use Self Drive although Tesla may have decided that I should use Self Drive and if it is on, I don't not know how to turn it off?
Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Bob

So did people who have HW3 cars get the new version of AutoPark with FSD 12.3, or are they still using the sensor-based AutoPark? And if they didn't get the new version, would that mean that HW3 owners who are not subscribed to EAP or FSD would not have access to AutoPark via the FSD free trial?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
So did people who have HW3 cars get the new version of AutoPark with FSD 12.3, or are they still using the sensor-based AutoPark? And if they didn't get the new version, would that mean that HW3 owners who are not subscribed to EAP or FSD would not have access to AutoPark via the FSD free trial?
USS cars did not get the new vision auto park. They have the old sensor based auto park which does not work as well and rarely pops up the “P”. The “P” pops up for me as I’m half way reversed into my spot at work so pretty useless by that point.

Unlike the new vision auto park interface where it literally shows all the potential parking spots it can see as you drive in a lot and it lets you select ant of them on the screen.

Upvote 0
Playing with 2022 MSLR, USS, 2024.3.10, FSD (supervised) free month.

Auto Park works great. Parking lot was empty except for some light poles.

Going just 5mph, a P in a box appeared. Then the slider on the screen showed "Autopark Available" with a down arrow. A swipe down then showed a "Press to park" blue button on the screen and the backup camera was displayed. Very nicely done. However, I'm too chicken to try this in a Walmart parking lot.

Upvote 0
Hi Zoomer, attached are a couple of photos from my Auto Park this morning.
A few things to note, the parking garage is usually much more crowded that it is on Suna

On location​

Author HeadshotBy Matt Stevens
A reporter covering arts and culture
State governments use our tax dollars to build roads, fund schools and provide health care. In 38 states, they also ship money off to a high-gloss private industry: Hollywood.

And it’s a lot of money. My colleague Christopher Kuo and I found that those states had given out more than $25 billion over the past two decades to subsidize the making of movies and television. The idea is to lure businesses to spend money, employ locals and stimulate the economy.

The problem is, the programs are actually huge money losers for states. Studies show that these efforts typically return a quarter or even a dime on every dollar given to studios.

Yet lawmakers are not slowing their spending. Quite the opposite. Hollywood is playing states off one another, and the competition has them sweetening their deals to lure productions, economists say. Under mounting pressure from New Jersey, New York recently expanded its film incentive program by 67 percent, to $700 million. Oklahoma went from $4 million to $30 million in just three years, in part to stay competitive with Texas. Then, Texas decided to spend nearly seven times that amount.

“You could find almost an unlimited number of better uses for the same dollars,” said Michael Thom, a tax expert at the University of Southern California. “Who on earth would say, ‘Keep giving the money to Hollywood; my kid’s school doesn’t need new books’?”

My colleagues and I wanted to understand why these programs persist. This morning, we published the third article in our series about the topic. Here’s a quick look at what we found.

Parties and cameos​

States started supercharging their film incentive programs around the turn of the century. The idea is that when producers come to film in a state and spend money there, the government gives them back 20 to 30 percent of their costs as a thank-you for choosing that state.

Lawmakers say the film and TV shoots employ electricians, hair stylists and many other crew members. That means jobs. Money trickles through local economies to hotels, diners and dry cleaners. In Georgia, for example, the film industry says the state gets $6 or $7 in economic value for every dollar invested

Dennis Quaid in bluejeans, with a gun on his hip, stands next to two children beneath a tree.
Dennis Quaid in “The Tiger Rising.” The Avenue​
My colleague Jonathan Abrams went to a small town in Georgia and saw some of the effects there firsthand. A restaurant owner said that sales spiked every time a production came to town. A woman who owns a jewelry and leather goods store once sold the actress Anne Heche a $300 purse. But even when a community enjoys visits from famous people and an infusion of cash, the state is paying to subsidize those benefits.

Of course, skeptical economic white papers can be no match for the allure of exclusive parties and the promise of a cameo in a blockbuster movie. Hollywood insiders lobby politicians with campaign donations and perks, which is another reason states keep expanding these programs. In Michigan, a big-name producer wined and dined lawmakers just as the state’s film incentives were set to expire. If you squint at the right scene from “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” you’ll spot a former Senate majority leader.

And states need to offer a good deal, or else productions will simply film elsewhere. Experts say this arms race helps explain why more and more public funds flow to these programs.

Remember the battle between Texas and Oklahoma? We document that in our latest piece. After Texas committed $200 million, Oklahoma began pushing to add many more millions to its own program. Dennis Quaid, a native Texan, has already plotted his home state’s next move: He wants it to approve $1 billion in the next budget.

Continue
dy mornings

Attachments

• Parking-perfecto.jpg
    Parking-perfecto.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 13
  • Parking-display.jpg
    Parking-display.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
Hi Zoomer, attached are a couple of photos from my Auto Park this morning.
A few things to note, the parking garage is usually much more crowded that it is on Suna

On location​

Author HeadshotBy Matt Stevens
A reporter covering arts and culture
State governments use our tax dollars to build roads, fund schools and provide health care. In 38 states, they also ship money off to a high-gloss private industry: Hollywood.

And it’s a lot of money. My colleague Christopher Kuo and I found that those states had given out more than $25 billion over the past two decades to subsidize the making of movies and television. The idea is to lure businesses to spend money, employ locals and stimulate the economy.

The problem is, the programs are actually huge money losers for states. Studies show that these efforts typically return a quarter or even a dime on every dollar given to studios.

Yet lawmakers are not slowing their spending. Quite the opposite. Hollywood is playing states off one another, and the competition has them sweetening their deals to lure productions, economists say. Under mounting pressure from New Jersey, New York recently expanded its film incentive program by 67 percent, to $700 million. Oklahoma went from $4 million to $30 million in just three years, in part to stay competitive with Texas. Then, Texas decided to spend nearly seven times that amount.

“You could find almost an unlimited number of better uses for the same dollars,” said Michael Thom, a tax expert at the University of Southern California. “Who on earth would say, ‘Keep giving the money to Hollywood; my kid’s school doesn’t need new books’?”

My colleagues and I wanted to understand why these programs persist. This morning, we published the third article in our series about the topic. Here’s a quick look at what we found.

Parties and cameos​

States started supercharging their film incentive programs around the turn of the century. The idea is that when producers come to film in a state and spend money there, the government gives them back 20 to 30 percent of their costs as a thank-you for choosing that state.

Lawmakers say the film and TV shoots employ electricians, hair stylists and many other crew members. That means jobs. Money trickles through local economies to hotels, diners and dry cleaners. In Georgia, for example, the film industry says the state gets $6 or $7 in economic value for every dollar invested

Dennis Quaid in bluejeans, with a gun on his hip, stands next to two children beneath a tree.
Dennis Quaid in “The Tiger Rising.” The Avenue​
My colleague Jonathan Abrams went to a small town in Georgia and saw some of the effects there firsthand. A restaurant owner said that sales spiked every time a production came to town. A woman who owns a jewelry and leather goods store once sold the actress Anne Heche a $300 purse. But even when a community enjoys visits from famous people and an infusion of cash, the state is paying to subsidize those benefits.

Of course, skeptical economic white papers can be no match for the allure of exclusive parties and the promise of a cameo in a blockbuster movie. Hollywood insiders lobby politicians with campaign donations and perks, which is another reason states keep expanding these programs. In Michigan, a big-name producer wined and dined lawmakers just as the state’s film incentives were set to expire. If you squint at the right scene from “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” you’ll spot a former Senate majority leader.

And states need to offer a good deal, or else productions will simply film elsewhere. Experts say this arms race helps explain why more and more public funds flow to these programs.

Remember the battle between Texas and Oklahoma? We document that in our latest piece. After Texas committed $200 million, Oklahoma began pushing to add many more millions to its own program. Dennis Quaid, a native Texan, has already plotted his home state’s next move: He wants it to approve $1 billion in the next budget.

Continue
dy mornings
What does all this stuff about location filming have to do with AutoPark? :confused:

Upvote 0
Sorry Zoomer, I was in the middle to writing a description of my experience parking this morning and somehow an article that I was reading in a different window, popped-up and was sent with my partial message.
What I was trying to say was, attached are a couple of photos from my Auto Park this morning.
A few things to note. The parking garage is usually much more crowded than it is on Sunday morning so there were quite a few empty parking spaces including one 2 spaces away from my parking space. So I was a little confused at first when it started parking in the wrong space.
This was the 2nd time that I used Auto Park so I am sure that I'll get used it.
I also noticed that it takes a little longer than the previous version but is more accurate.
By that I mean in the previous version of auto Park, it would start backing into the parking space, and when it went forward to adjust itself, on several occasions it would just stop in the middle of parking.
In any event, I can now use Auto Park and will get used to the new quirks.
Thank you for helping me out Zoomer
Bob

Upvote 0
Sorry Zoomer, I was in the middle to writing a description of my experience parking this morning and somehow an article that I was reading in a different window, popped-up and was sent with my partial message.
For future reference, you can edit your post for a certain amount of time after posting, so you can fix boo boos like that one.

Upvote 0