Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

are the falconwings dangerous ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sliding doors can be realy dangerous, in particular the ones that is manualy operated.
Some operators is just cracy, and do not get me started on regurlar doors or hausehold doors closed by a angry kid.
I consider automatic operated doors to be better, more silent, slow, and not slamable. ;-)
The more dangerous automatic doors I operate is fire doors, made to cut off everything or everyone in the way when closing.

Just curious, does anyone know what tesla's solution is for opening the doors in a rollover?

Outside of the fact that we haven't actually seen the doors yet (meaning it's unlikely they're getting into specifics until the production version is out in public view), the topic has been covered in this thread, along with door frozen shut by snow, decapitated cyclists, amputated fingers, and a myriad of other oh-my-god-what-about-this topics.

:)

Are the falconwings dangerous?

Why yes, yes they are. Because they are usually found attached to Falcons, which are big flying things that eat smaller flying things.

So, if you are a flying thing smaller than a Falcon, I'd say falconwings are definitely dangerous. Especially if above you. Look out!

Is this a serious question? It might be, but at the same time, it feels like a gag -- I feel an urge to come up with absurd collages now involving famous figures (or just characters who look like them) getting body parts slammed in various automotive doors and hatches. If serious, I don't think it's any more dangerous than other cars with powered rear hatches. If not serious, I'm thinking Benjamin Franklin with a papasan chair is about to get hit in the head from a rear hatch opened by a foot wavy sensor.

Perhaps a new version of Clue: Abraham Lincoln, in the groin, by the Dodge Caravan's sliding door.

Outside of the fact that we haven't actually seen the doors yet (meaning it's unlikely they're getting into specifics until the production version is out in public view), the topic has been covered in this thread, along with door frozen shut by snow, decapitated cyclists, amputated fingers, and a myriad of other oh-my-god-what-about-this topics.

:)

shark.jpg