Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is some major BS. Looks more and more like it's headed back to the $18-20 area. Not because it makes sense, but because that's what it looks like.

TSL is down under 10, JASO is in the dumps in spite of the buyout offer, JKS is 24. Basically all the solars are in the dumps. Hard to say if this is a put everything I have into solars moment or stay out of it moment considering I already have a pretty large exposure to solars.

TSL is down under 10, JASO is in the dumps in spite of the buyout offer, JKS is 24. Basically all the solars are in the dumps. Hard to say if this is a put everything I have into solars moment or stay out of it moment considering I already have a pretty large exposure to solars.

All hinges on China's ability to recover from this blemish to their emergence as a credible financial market, I think.

Can someone tell me how SUNE is financing all the acquisitions it is doing? 2.2B for VSLR, 2B for some wind stuff before that.

This has some details

SunEdison to Be Solar ‘Supermajor’ With $2.2 Billion Deal - Bloomberg Business

"The two agreed to combine for cash, shares and debt that value Vivint at 52 percent more than last week’s closing stock price. SunEdison will finance the deal with credit lines from Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and by selling $922 million of assets to TerraForm Power Inc., the unit it formed last year to own and operate power plants."

This has some details

SunEdison to Be Solar ‘Supermajor’ With $2.2 Billion Deal - Bloomberg Business

"The two agreed to combine for cash, shares and debt that value Vivint at 52 percent more than last week’s closing stock price. SunEdison will finance the deal with credit lines from Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and by selling $922 million of assets to TerraForm Power Inc., the unit it formed last year to own and operate power plants."

So SunEdison is offering $16.50/share in cash, stock and bonds, but the market is only valuing this at $15.75. So there seems to be some uncertainty in this deal, or $6.61 worth of SunEdison stock and bonds are on sale for $0.75 less.

Additionally I'm not really impressed with a company that wants the world to think of it as a renewable "supermajor." Very self-important, are we?