Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that was expected Friday, it was never going to recover at that point. I still have a glimmer of hope that i can at least get something for my Sept calls if CSIQ and SCTY pop.
That being said i just bought some Jan15 $40 calls. Looks like Solar is tarting to recover so i just bought 5 for the hell of it even though i missed the bottom.

SCTY and SWPR have completely different business models than the rest of the tier 1 manufactures. They are completely different from each other too. Comparing these (as well as FSLR, which is a different technology) to the rest of the solar manufactures isn't really a good comparison IMO.

Yup, Looks like i jumped on the SPWR rebuy and CSIQ train a bit prematurely. Lets just hope CSIQ pulls out a beat tomorrow.

I have a ton of CSIQ calls going into tomorrow. CSIQ is going to blow out earnings tomorrow morning. I guarantee you that they will beat analyst's revenue consensus by at least 15%.

Wouldn't be surprised with a 20% - 50% move in CSIQ.

Edit: There might be only one or two analysts following the stock, so let me rephrase: I guarantee you that CSIQ will smash it's own guidance of 380 MW - 420 MW shipped and 9% - 11% gross margin. Look for gross margin around 12% - 13%.

I have a ton of CSIQ calls going into tomorrow. CSIQ is going to blow out earnings tomorrow morning. I guarantee you that they will beat analyst's revenue consensus by at least 15%.

Wouldn't be surprised with a 20% - 50% move in CSIQ.

Edit: There might be only one or two analysts following the stock, so let me rephrase: I guarantee you that CSIQ will smash it's own guidance of 380 MW - 420 MW shipped and 9% - 11% gross margin. Look for gross margin around 12% - 13%.

I need that for my Solar portofolio :) If that happen I will ask ppl to take a look at SOL options aswell. They are getting really cheap atm.

I bought SOL back at this price level a few weeks ago which were up big but SOL has been taking a beating with the rest of the Solar sector back down to what i bought them for.
I have only 5 Jan $20 options on CSIQ.
If i can get in before the pop i might grab up more CSIQ or SOL

"Solar City, which is chaired by Tesla CEO Elon Musk, also reported better-than-expected earnings after the closing bell, sending shares higher in after-hours trading." Thats from cnnmoney.com. wish it was true!

China is going places tho!
Trina Solar says second-quarter shipments to exceed its forecast

and CSIQ up 14% premarket
-------
Just to go down 10%. High 16.45. Now 12.81. Crap. I would have made alot of Money there!

Last edited:
Looks like the solar industry is a dud in this quarter. The market expectations were obviously a lot higher than reasonable, hence the sell-off. Just going to have to be patient with solar, since it may take a couple of years for these companies to unlock potential value. Buy and hold it is for me. I might pick up some more shares in the next few days and wait for greener pastures.

After all CSIQ did crush its own guidance and reaffirmed that it's goal is to be profitable in 2013. Oh well...

Hard to understand.... Is this all just a follow on from First Solar's weak ER?
For a newbie such as me its just very hard to grasp what is causing this whole market sector to tank so precipitously, when the news seems positive and the signals overall of future growth are so strong.
I am holding and watching for now. Are big players or shorts driving the prices down?