Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20000 new Tesla chargers at Hilton

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now.... If Hilton only still had room service, I might go to one of the locations. (They've not had room service reestablished at many US location, to the ire of many people.)
How many is many?

Room service, as in delivering food to your room? Or do you mean housekeeping service?

At a recent stay at a Hampton Inn (which is a Hilton property), they did in fact have a policy of not having housekeeping service unless requested. But I was free to request it at any time, or just get a towel refresh, or whatever. It wasn't that they didn't have it at all. Is this the kind of thing you are talking about, or are you saying it's not available at all (which I would find hard to believe).

I actually appreciate this policy. It is much easier on the environment versus washing sheets every single day, not to mention it keeps costs under control.

Reactions: outdoors and GSP
If you go back to the original press release by Hilton, you will notice this passage.

Hilton to Install Up to 20,000 Tesla Universal Wall Connectors at 2,000 Hotels | Hilton News

Thanks for that link. If Hilton thinks they will be the "first choice" for us, then they are dreaming. There was a time when Hilton was considered very upscale, but those days are gone. In our last couple of trips where we stayed at Hilton owned properties, they were poor. It seems to have gotten to the point that Hilton wants to expand by buying up any rinky dink property. But sure, there are many great Hilton properties as well. You have to find the right one.

Thanks for that link. If Hilton thinks they will be the "first choice" for us, then they are dreaming. There was a time when Hilton was considered very upscale, but those days are gone. In our last couple of trips where we stayed at Hilton owned properties, they were poor. It seems to have gotten to the point that Hilton wants to expand by buying up any rinky dink property. But sure, there are many great Hilton properties as well. You have to find the right one.

Hilton uses franchising, so quality is going to vary significantly.

Actually, I meant food delivered to the room, as opposed to turning down the sheets and such…. I’ve been to several Hilton properties who turned out not to have anything in house from food perspective. More to the point when we’ve been to Hilton properties in recent history, and they might have one of the restaurants open, but it’s never a nice one, and it’s always simple finger food. Moreover, when you check their website, they clearly indicate they have all of their normal amenities available, including all of the restaurants, room, service, and anything else. (For which they are more than happy to charge you full price for when you arrive…)

Actually, I meant food delivered to the room, as opposed to turning down the sheets and such…. I’ve been to several Hilton properties who turned out not to have anything in house from food perspective. More to the point when we’ve been to Hilton properties in recent history, and they might have one of the restaurants open, but it’s never a nice one, and it’s always simple finger food. Moreover, when you check their website, they clearly indicate they have all of their normal amenities available, including all of the restaurants, room, service, and anything else. (For which they are more than happy to charge you full price for when you arrive…)
Well I'll take your word on that one then. I'm not sure I've EVER ordered room service, although maybe once or twice a really long time ago. Certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker for me as I'm either just passing through, or if I'm in town for a few days, I'm probably not going to be eating hotel food. But to each their own.

Well I'll take your word on that one then. I'm not sure I've EVER ordered room service, although maybe once or twice a really long time ago. Certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker for me as I'm either just passing through, or if I'm in town for a few days, I'm probably not going to be eating hotel food. But to each their own.
When you have a gaggle of kids with you and you've purposely chosen a hotel for the fact that they indicate they have all of the services available, it's an issue. (Especially, if you are in an unfamiliar city [I'm thinking Philadelphia right now].) Moreover, the room wasn't "ready" for 3 hours after the listed check-in time.

Oddly, it's happened several times at Hilton properties over the last year.

Actually, I meant food delivered to the room, as opposed to turning down the sheets and such…. I’ve been to several Hilton properties who turned out not to have anything in house from food perspective. More to the point when we’ve been to Hilton properties in recent history, and they might have one of the restaurants open, but it’s never a nice one, and it’s always simple finger food.
You're mistaking Hilton Properties with Hilton hotels. Hilton now has bargain brand properties (Hampton, Hilton Garden in, etc) that have fewer services and they cost a lot less. You only get what you pay for and then, only if you're lucky.

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
Just a PSA, it's currently easier to browse/filter hotels with ev charging on the hotel apps (Marriott, IHG, Hilton) rather than their own websites (the filter there is not accurate). Once you confirm on the app that the hotel has an ev charger, you can check plugshare via the hotel's address for details such as number of chargers or pricing etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
The main benefit of these universal wall connectors at Hilton are for non Teslas that cant use Superchargers. These, like the existing destination chargers, are one of the few options for non teslas in many locations. I do wonder what the etiquette will be though if you plug in at end of day and your car finishes charging at say 3am. These are dense locations with lots of cars/demand.

The main benefit of these universal wall connectors at Hilton are for non Teslas that cant use Superchargers. These, like the existing destination chargers, are one of the few options for non teslas in many locations. I do wonder what the etiquette will be though if you plug in at end of day and your car finishes charging at say 3am. These are dense locations with lots of cars/demand.
Best thing is if you pay a per-hour fee. Doesn't have to be punitive, just the same as charging.
Ideally it would allow for overnight charging, so no idle fee in the early hours.

I stayed at a hotel where the pricing was per hour up to 4 hours and then free, so it was very cheap when doing a full charge overnight.

Best thing is if you pay a per-hour fee. Doesn't have to be punitive, just the same as charging.
Ideally it would allow for overnight charging, so no idle fee in the early hours.

I stayed at a hotel where the pricing was per hour up to 4 hours and then free, so it was very cheap when doing a full charge overnight.
Conversely, I've been at hotels where pricing was reasonable per hour up to ~4 hours, then many $/hour thereafter. I, and nobody else, used these chargers. I considered them to be useless. I went to a Supercharger instead.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H