Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think whatever squeeze was going to happen has happened already. If I'm wrong I can hop back in before the earnings call. If I'm not I don't think SCTY's squeeze has stopped yet, so I'll be making money any ways while I ride out TLSA's uncertainty.

Worse comes to worse I miss out on 3 days of TSLA.

SCTY isn't necessarily in a squeeze and in fact short interest has expanded lately. Solar stocks in general have been rocketing the last couple weeks. Look at the TAN ETF and Sun Power, for instance.

SCTY isn't necessarily in a squeeze and in fact short interest has expanded lately. Solar stocks in general have been rocketing the last couple weeks. Look at the TAN ETF and Sun Power, for instance.

You are right. I shouldn't have used the term squeeze. I haven't done an evaluation, but I'm assuming SCTY is overvalued at the moment, or will be very soon considering it's unholy growth, causing a pull back. But I am hoping not to be there when that happens.

TSLA's potential gains for the rest this week are too uncertain for me at the moment.

You are right. I shouldn't have used the term squeeze. I haven't done an evaluation, but I'm assuming SCTY is overvalued at the moment, or will be very soon considering it's unholy growth, causing a pull back. But I am hoping not to be there when that happens.

TSLA's potential gains for the rest this week are too uncertain for me at the moment.

Yeah they have been going crazy with no news - I think solar in general is just bubbling up due to various bits of good news everywhere.

Thing about SCTY is they are selling a lot. Their business model guarantees a "resubscription" every year as it's based on contract and as they continue to keep signing more people up, the math does magical things. In essence, every new customer is worth 20x (or more) their yearly rate. This is the same math a lot of subscription based cloud services are deriving really large P/E's from too.

And at the rate they are apparently signing people up, they look to have a hell of a business going. But their quarterly at the end of May will report losses and a funny thing about their business model is that initially if they are doing well they will have higher losses as they have an up-front cost. But as time goes on and those subscriptions start multiplying their rate of new customers compared to active subscriptions will change and profits should come in a big way.

In the short term though they are too small a cap and too volatile to really know what's happening. I love them long term and have owned them since $16.00, buying more as they have risen here and there. They definitely have option plays now - both ways depending on which way you like it.

There is a reason actually. It wasn't in the news prominently but Walmart signed up as a customer as a test using 6 stores and they just opened up a central facility (largest) in California.

Yeah they have been going crazy with no news - I think solar in general is just bubbling up due to various bits of good news everywhere.

Thing about SCTY is they are selling a lot. Their business model guarantees a "resubscription" every year as it's based on contract and as they continue to keep signing more people up, the math does magical things. In essence, every new customer is worth 20x (or more) their yearly rate. This is the same math a lot of subscription based cloud services are deriving really large P/E's from too.

And at the rate they are apparently signing people up, they look to have a hell of a business going. But their quarterly at the end of May will report losses and a funny thing about their business model is that initially if they are doing well they will have higher losses as they have an up-front cost. But as time goes on and those subscriptions start multiplying their rate of new customers compared to active subscriptions will change and profits should come in a big way.

In the short term though they are too small a cap and too volatile to really know what's happening. I love them long term and have owned them since $16.00, buying more as they have risen here and there. They definitely have option plays now - both ways depending on which way you like it.

Last edited:
There is a reason actually. It wasn't in the news prominently but Walmart signed up as a customer as a test using 6 stores and they just opened up a central facility (largest) in California.

That's a good point, I totally forgot about those. Especially the news yesterday regarding the CA facility. Regardless, I'm quite satisfied with the upward gains and happy to have fortified my position in a few ways.

SCTY downgraded to neutral today, causing a pretty harsh correction. However, SCTY was growing at a fairly alarming rate.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Downgr...skReward/8297304.html?source=email_rt_mc_body

The Goldman Sachs analyst was simply getting acrophobia. Analysts tend to be rather circumspect regarding companies that have yet to earn a profit. This one downgraded SCTY to neutral from buy. Even though he did not say sell, some did so at the market opening this morning. Others ignored the analyst's comment and now have it up nearly $3 from the day's low. Those who sold may regret it when Elon makes his Supercharger announcement.

What a resilient stock - and all this before the Super Charger announcement. I have to say I went from sad face to happy face today on this one. Happy I've been holding on.

- - - Updated - - -

The Goldman Sachs analyst was simply getting acrophobia. Analysts tend to be rather circumspect regarding companies that have yet to earn a profit. This one downgraded SCTY to neutral from buy. Even though he did not say sell, some did so at the market opening this morning. Others ignored the analyst's comment and now have it up nearly $3 from the day's low. Those who sold may regret it when Elon makes his Supercharger announcement.

It appears he's fixing a previous announcement. Not related to Super Chargers per EM...

What a resilient stock - and all this before the Super Charger announcement. I have to say I went from sad face to happy face today on this one. Happy I've been holding on.

- - - Updated - - -

It appears he's fixing a previous announcement. Not related to Super Chargers per EM...

I still expect that Musk will make his promised Supercharger announcement in the near future. My post to which you replied was made before either of Musk's tweets today. So at that time I was unaware that any announcement would be made tomorrow. Of course Musk's second tweet implied that tomorrow's announcement will not be about Superchargers.