Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Model S fit in our garage? Any volunteers? (Cambridge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is an example of the dangers of backing out. Happened a week ago where I live.

http://newcanaan.patch.com/groups/o...ney-23-months-victim-of-driveway-car-accident
Very sad article, but you'll always be backing up one way or the other (unless you install a turntable in your garage :tongue:).

Also take into account where you want the charging cables. You will want the plug in the same corner as the car's charge port, placed to minimize risk of tripping and cost of installation.

Very sad article, but you'll always be backing up one way or the other (unless you install a turntable in your garage :tongue:

True, but when parking, before you do the backing up, you have a clear view from the front when driving by, and then only a few seconds of backup time. When you pull in to park there is a much longer time for the situation to change. In addition, you have to stick a lot more of the car out onto the street or into the lane before you can see what's coming.

And like NSXrox says, many companies enforce backing up to park. If it wasn't a lot safer, they wouldn't do it.

Yea! There are examples of almost every color combo in the Boston area, so if you're waffling, ask. I drove my green S over to PeterK's before he ordered so his family could see it. He got blue, so clearly they were underwhelmed, but I still wouldn't change it for any other color.

Re interior, personally I don't like the cream headliner (used on all cars) with the gray leather. I'm in a tiny minority on this POV, however.