Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Available SCALES coilovers Tesla Model S AWD (14-19) - Buffalo, NY or Cambridge, Ontario.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brand new coilovers that I was going to use on my 2016 Model S P90D. I thought my struts/shocks were going bad but it was just my alignment. Thus, I don't need it anymore.
Do not want to deal with return due to the high shipping fee and restocking fee. This retails for ~$1440 USD .
I opted for stainless bolts for the harsh Buffalo/Ontario winter.

For sale for $1100 USD (if local pick up)
Pickup in Cambridge, Ontario or Buffalo, NY (ZIP code 14228).

Shipping to 48 US states might be high since these are HEAVY. Shipping might be a few hundred dollars. All combined items weigh 52 pounds.
I will consider shipping but will need time to figure shipping cost and finding one box for them since I already threw away the big shipping box.

SCALES is a Canadian company with racing heritage. Please see their website for more details.
More info: TESLA MODEL S AWD 14-19 INNOVATIVE SERIES COILOVER - SCALE™ Suspension Coilovers

1685024180165.png
1685024241042.png
1685024279124.png

1685024316136.png
1685024389665-png.940906
1685025071715.png

Here is convo from last year that I had with SCALES and why their is better than other brands:
UPP and MPP doesn't make coilover for my year make and model, otherwise, I would have bought that. I can only assume that their quality and engineering is better than "most" (obviously excluding MPP or UPP).

Hi​
First your order will be completed within 24/48h, the season already started strong so we have many kits to assemble in the best delay but still have a certain delay on assembling everything.​
We don't have all the specs to compare what other brands offer but we know our Tesla S kit has been tested a lot on North American roads compared to what this brand can offer. The shock internal valving efficiency and shock shaft length is normally what cause comfort concerns on other brands. 16kg is a bit soft for the suspension geometry and weight of the Model S but if they use them on a short shaft shock, he probably bottom out on every bumps that's why he may feel crazy stiff, If it's the case, customer should add some preload on the spring to prevent the shock to bottom out. Shock valving is also something many brand have problem with on heavier applications. As they don't always have a spring stiff enough to feel balanced for the weight of the car, they use a really aggressive valving to compensate and this significantly reduce the comfort level over road imperfections and small bumps.​
We are sure you'll be more satisfied with what we offer but as not everyone have the same taste on the comfort , if anything is needed we do have many options available (adjustment or tips from tech team) to reach the comfort level you had in mind.​
Le mar. 2 mai 2023 à 17:40, a écrit :​
Hi,
I placed an order a few weeks ago (DKLTBJJGR Placed on 04/14/2023 07:44:40) for my 2016 Tesla Model S (AWD). Another Tesla owner bought Airtekk coilovers and complained about how stiff his ride was and that spring rate was: 16k front and 10k rear.​
I don't have a clue what my order's spring rate is since I didn't ask for a custom rate (on the web site configurator) and just want a complaint ride (i.e., less stiff).​
I travel between Buffalo, NY to Kitchener/Waterloo area a lot. The roads in Buffalo, NY isn't that great (pot holes, etc.). I am not looking to track my car but do enjoy spirited driving around curves when I'm by myself LOL.​
This car is my daily vehicle and my kid and wife rides in it on long trips. Thus, I don't want a bone jarring ride from too stiff of a spring rate but don't want it too soft either. I assume that dampening knob will allow me to adjust the dampening factor to my liking but once spring rates are picked then I can't do anything about.​
I will defer to your company to on spring rates based on my driving style, who is in the car, etc. However, if you need additional information from me to make a better decision on spring rate then don't hesitate to reach out to me.​
Thank you,​
Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 11:14 AM​
To:
Subject:Re: Quotation Request from​
Hi ,​
Yes most regular cars can have easy access from inside the hood for camber adjustment and dampening knobs and when it's possible , it's the kind of configuration we use. On the tesla, front shock tower are completely closed and only 3 bolts are visible from inside the hood to remove the shock, that's why dampening knobs cannot be installed on the top of the shock same as your M3 , We don't want to ask the customer to drill a car to have dampening adjustment . On the rear, it's even harder since the shock is located too far from the inside of the car , Tesla used a configuration where the shock is actually attached to a larger bracket and this bracket is unbolted from the wheel well to make shock replacement easier.​
So, you're stating that you have a new design released where in order to adjust the dampening, it's slightly easier than before?​
Yes exactly. Because of Tesla's configuration on the Model S , we had to use inline dampening adjusters that are located on the shaft under the top mount . Initially, producing rubber mounted shock top mount was faster to release the product but rubber mounted upper mount require the spring to sit directly in the upper mount to prevent having all the weight of the car sitting on the rubber bushing, so the adjuster was inside the spring and only adjustable with a wrench. We now only use pillowball mounted top mount on this application so we no longer have to get the spring sitt directly on the upper mount. We can now you a spring seat located under the dampening knob so you can easier reach dampening knob between the upper shock mount and upper spring seat and adjust it by hand.​
Le mer. 3 août 2022 à 10:57, a écrit :​
Hello,
Ahh ok, I used to own an older BMW M3 setup for the track and the aftermarket camber plates and dampening adjustment could be done by opening the hood and rear shock tower plastic cap.​
Most likely, once the ride height is set, I won't need to readjust but ride "comfort" might require several adjustment to get it right for daily driving.​
"The first few set had the adjuster located inside the spring making it even harder to reach but have updated the design not long after releasing the product "​
So, you're stating that you have a new design released where in order to adjust the dampening, it's slightly easier than before? Just wanted to make sure I read/understood what you wrote correctly.​
Thank you,​
Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2022 10:28 AM​
To:
Subject:Re: Quotation Request from​
Hi ,​
On this application , the shock tower is completely closed so you don't have any access to the top of the shock from inside the trunk (or car for the rear) . That's why we have preferred to have the dampening adjustment located under the upper shock mount so you can acces them without removing anything from the suspension. That being said, it's not super funny to adjust compared to a Vw Golf or Honda Civic as the adjuster is pretty deep into the inner fender so depending the ride height you set it at, you may need to lift the car to access the dampening knob or remove the wheel when significantly lowered but no suspension component need to be removed or loosen to adjust dampening on our suspension. The first few set had the adjuster located inside the spring making it even harder to reach but have updated the design not long after releasing the product​
Let us know if you have any other questions.​
Thank you​
Le mer. 3 août 2022 à 08:58, a écrit :​
Hello,
Another follow up questions.​
Are consumers able to adjust the dampening (rebound/compression) setting on top of each struts once it's installed on the car? I just wanted to make sure that was adjustable w/o having to remove it again since I thought I read in some Tesla forum that it wasn't easy to access the shock tower to adjust.​
Thank you,​

Attachments

• 1685024389665.png
    1685024389665.png
    798.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited: