Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why did you cancel your Model 3 reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issues with me. Initial plan to buy a 3.. My car got totaled on May 1st while being parked by a drunk driver. I got more lucky though as the bastard tries to run away but could not do so due to damaged wheel.

Man, it's the worst. Sure, I'm at zero fault, and insurance covered my car (got lucky, had planned to switch to liability only in a few weeks). But still, here I am with a sudden problem.

I was lucky enough to at least be around when it happened. The owner of the other car they hit was still sleeping. Poor guy couldn't find his car for 6 hours. Hope you didn't have that type of hastle.

Now, the question is, what to buy. And no, an S is a no go.

I would never let a drunk driver park my car even on private roads or in a private parking lot.

You never know what may happen.
I did not phrase this correctly. My frs got hit by a drunk driver while the car was parked on the streets. Guy slammed into it. I was away surfing fortunately. Had it happened a few minutes prior while I was at the car putting my wetsuit on, I could have got hurt. Fortunately I was gone and nobody got hurt.

Model 3 is beautifully shaped and price is real good, but after seeing the length of the car visually compared to Model S, I think it's just too small for me (I'm more used to 5-series BMW and had to sell my M3 convertible because it was small and low).

So I'll just look to buy an S or another X.

I have the crow's beak in my mouth, currently, and hope that you will ram the entire bird down my throat (come this point next year).

Great quarter on deliveries --- keep making me regret my July decision.

Sorry dudes / dudettes --- I bailed on (cancelled) my reservation today.

After reading the July 2nd Tesla release on their 2016 Q2 deliveries, I am becoming increasingly skeptical that the company, as currently managed, can deliver.

2016 Q2 was an unmitigated disaster on deliveries, regardless of how Tesla paints the -- very played-out -- ramp-up angle.

My perception: each quarter brings about new promises and proclamations, and each quarter sees let downs and well-phrased "ramp-up" wording. It feels like a politician (Hillary or Donald, take your pick) or news outlet, making promises or proclamations, that never materialize --- but they hope that you'll be so myopic that you'll forget what the promises were. I don't forget.

I PRAY I'm wrong and hope you keep this post and ping me in the future to let me know how spineless I am.

Peace out.

What I would like to know is when will I get my S3 within a month. Even though I was a stand in line payer on day 1 in California the delay is not important to me. What is important is the 1 month window for planning, getting rid of the car its replacing, leasing another car until then issues if necessary, etc.

A machine? Nahhh.... unfortunately he will always need gas as a human.
Do you mean something like this?

article-0-1D29733200000578-945_634x421.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Genshi and Red Sage