Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why did you cancel your Model 3 reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I thought at first, but that doesn't make any sense. The Bolt can go 200 miles (3 highway hours), charge for x hours, and then only have enough charge and time left in the day to drive an additional 100 miles? So 4.5 highway hours and 10-12 hours of charging? It takes 9 hours to fill up the Bolt's battery using a 240V. It's not going to take anywhere near that long to fill it up halfway while using DC Fast Charging.

You're probably already aware, but the Bolt isn't going to get 200 "highway miles"...and honestly I'd be surprised if it gets more than ~160 (2.5hrs). That thing is going to be a brick at highway speed.

lol. Tons of bugs in the Model S. It's getting better though (have you used the nav? what about the trip planner? what about the music resetting? and occasionally they break something with an OTA update)

Chuckle...sounds like same complaints when Apple puts out new IOS or OSX updates or upgrades. Customer would wait forever for the "bugless" version with those standards.

Crap, I may have to cancel mine.

I had been running an 08 Corolla with plenty of miles on it. Plan had been to dump it for the M3 when she comes on-line. But last week a freaking drunk ran into a Pathfinder I was parked behind, pushing the Pathfinders spare tire through my car (of course the drunk ran away from the scene as well). Now, I need to buy something to drive around. I "could" go for something used and beat up, and keep my M3 reservation. But, financing is so cheap right now and it would be nice to drive something new right now. Plus, that 1 grand Tesla has would be very helpful. And with Tesla's production goals, I feel pretty confident that if I cancel, I can still buy a M3 a year later no problem (and likely with fewer bugs and possibly more features). And of course an extra year or two to build a down payment would be nice.

So, how has the process been for canceling a reservation? I hope it's as painless and putting it in.

I had been running an 08 Corolla with plenty of miles on it. Plan had been to dump it for the M3 when she comes on-line. But last week a freaking drunk ran into a Pathfinder I was parked behind, pushing the Pathfinders spare tire through my car (of course the drunk ran away from the scene as well). Now, I need to buy something to drive around. I "could" go for something used and beat up, and keep my M3 reservation. But, financing is so cheap right now and it would be nice to drive something new right now. Plus, that 1 grand Tesla has would be very helpful. And with Tesla's production goals, I feel pretty confident that if I cancel, I can still buy a M3 a year later no problem (and likely with fewer bugs and possibly more features). And of course an extra year or two to build a down payment would be nice.

So, how has the process been for canceling a reservation? I hope it's as painless and putting it in.
I believe it's just a link on your my tesla page....

I 100% guarantee that people will ignore this part and then blame Tesla for it when their order way early in the list gets delivered (or called to configure) way later than some else late in the list. We have seen the same thing with the S/X handwringing.

Again, Tesla already said your order on the list does not determine your delivery time (or call to configure since you take issue with that in your comment) because there are other factors at play. By leaving that number out, it eliminates the possibility of false expectations and allows Tesla flexibility in changing plans in how they want do things (currently they definitely don't have to resources yet to tell things will play out).

Currently your sequence number is your date, time, and region that you put your order in. This is actually closer to how Tesla does their roll out (they do it in batches all at once, not one by one according to sequence number).
Since I missed the timing to see what the number means, can you give some idea of what the reservation means? Mine starts with RN, but that means reservation number I am sure.

Since I missed the timing to see what the number means, can you give some idea of what the reservation means? Mine starts with RN, but that means reservation number I am sure.
The "RN" number (or reservation number) means nothing other than being a private unique identifier for your order (which you ideally keep secret).

There is a separate reservation sequence number that does mean something (it reveals your sequential place in line). It briefly showed up in the MyTesla page but was quickly removed:
Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

Here's a thread explaining the difference between the two numbers:
What are "Reservation Confirmation Number" and "Reservation Sequence Number"?

Reactions: Weezer Fan
There is a separate reservation sequence number that does mean something (it reveals your sequential place in line).
Keep in mind that it was never officially confirmed by Tesla that that was what that number meant and there were quite a few people who had numbers that had little to no bearing on when they reservered. Although, overall, the numbers did seem to coorespond to a where a person would fall if they were based on reservation date and time.

Also, keep in mind that those numbers would be a grouping of everyone that reserved while the actual order that we are asked to configure will be based on region and the date your reserved, among other factors.

Same issues with me. Initial plan to buy a 3.. My car got totaled on May 1st while being parked by a drunk driver. I got more lucky though as the bastard tries to run away but could not do so due to damaged wheel.

A few new photos of the Model 3 from the GigaFactory press event today... :cool:

Tesla Model 3 rare red prototype displayed at the Tesla Gigafactory [Gallery]

View attachment 187254
I am going to be hated I know.. But this is ugly. It has that model X look.. I am no fan. Why give it a look like that if it's going to be a sedan? I am confused.

I don't understand how they can move from the most beautiful sedan ever to one of the ugliest SUV and now to this.

I bet that whoever designed the S is not there anymore.

• Disagree
Reactions: alseTrick
I am going to be hated I know.. But this is ugly. It has that model X look.. I am no fan. Why give it a look like that if it's going to be a sedan? I am confused.

It is photographed in an odd angle for a short lens (almost a fisheye) with strong distortion. In real life it wouldn't look like that. -Look at the window frames in the foreground and the scaffolding in the back-