Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What was the Tesla's advertised range for a 2020 Model T Perf when new?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was the Tesla's advertised range for a 2020 Model T Perf when new? Some sources say 315, others say 291 but I think that was EPA.

My friends new to her model Y gets 266 mi from a full charge so we're trying to figure what the degradation has been. Just for information, no anxiety here o_O.

2020 Long Range Model Y had an EPA estimated combined city/highway range of 316 miles.

Edmonds shows 291 miles as the EPA estimated range for the 2020 Performance Model Y. (8% less than the 2020 Long Range Model Y)

For the 2023 Performance Model Y: range 303 miles compared with 330 miles for the 2023 Long Range (also 8% less than the Long Range Model Y)

291 - 266 = 25. 25/291 is ~8.6% less than the EPA estimated range.

Reactions: Gwelo
Yeah, so 3 years ago the LR packs were in the region of 290 to 316 miles, depending mostly on what wheels you used (MYP has the least efficient large wheel/tire setup).

Since then, the newer MYLR's have gained about 8% efficiency in the battery pack and various other aspects of the car, so range went up slightly.

And yes, over time, packs do degrade. So a used 2020 car is probably down 5% to 10% from it's original max capability. That's completely normal.

Reactions: jcanoe
Since the 2020 introduction of the Tesla Model Y in the US usable battery capacity of the Long Range and Performance Model Y have increased. In 2020, the usable battery capacity (when new) was ~74 kWh (out of ~78kWh total capacity). This was increased to a usable capacity (when new) of ~78.6kWh (out of ~82 kWh total capacity.) This accounts for most of the increase in EPA estimated range from 316 to 330 miles (in the Long Range) and 291 to 303 miles (in the Performance) Model Y. Wheels and tires did not change; motors were redesigned for less weight with similar power. Drive unit power control units were re-programmed for higher efficiency.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
According to Car & Driver's review, in which they tested the 2020 Model Y LR & Performance, the stated EPA range at the time was 291 miles.
I own a 2020 LRMY, since new. The stated EPA range was 316 miles prior to being re-stated as 325 miles and later updated to 330 miles.

A search will turn up an Edmunds review of the 2020 Performance Model Y that states the EPA estimated range of the 2020 Performance Model Y is 291 miles. (8% less than the EPA estimated range of the 2020 Long Range Model Y.)

I own a 2020 LRMY, since new. The stated EPA range was 316 miles prior to being re-stated as 325 miles and later updated to 330 miles.

A search will turn up an Edmunds review of the 2020 Performance Model Y that states the EPA estimated range of the 2020 Performance Model Y is 291 miles. (8% less than the EPA estimated range of the 2020 Long Range Model Y.)
Correct, though my post did not explicitly state it was answering the OP's question about the MYP, that is what I was answering. (I thought it was apparent from the context, as that was the only question he posed in his post.) I posted the C&D link as documented confirmation that the EPA's stated range, that C&D captured, was 291 miles. (Not sure why the MYLR range got included in this thread.)

Correct, though my post did not explicitly state it was answering the OP's question about the MYP, that is what I was answering. (I thought it was apparent from the context, as that was the only question he posed in his post.) I posted the C&D link as documented confirmation that the EPA's stated range, that C&D captured, was 291 miles. (Not sure why the MYLR range got included in this thread.)
It makes sense that C&D achieved 291 miles of range driving a 2020 Long Range in a real world test but that was not the stated EPA range of the Long Range Model Y (was 316 miles.)

According to Edmunds the EPA estimated range of the 2020 Performance Model Y was 291 miles. It could be a coincidence or these two values may have gotten mixed up.

It makes sense that C&D achieved 291 miles of range driving a 2020 Long Range in a real world test but that was not the stated EPA range of the Long Range Model Y (was 316 miles.)
No, C&D did not achieve 291 miles. The achieved 230 miles in their 75 MPH highway driving test of the MYP. They said that that the EPA range was 291 miles.

Not sure why MYLR range keeps getting thrown around. The OP was asking about 2020 MYP stated EPA range.

Reactions: jcanoe
Depending on how the car has been charged, the 266 number for 100% could be off if the BMS hasnt had time sleeping at various percentages from 10 to 95+ to properly calculate max capacity. 266 is nothing to be concerned about but there are things you can do to make sure it is accurate. There is a big post about regaining lost range in the M3 forum I believe.