Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Refresh Headlights & Taillights for Tesla Model S 2012-2020 | T Sportline x Alpharex collab NOVA Headlights and Pro Series Taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m so torn on just getting the EVoffer lights. They’re playing so many games about these. T Sportline is saying via private chat that deliveries are still on track for this month, while EV offer is telling me June possibly. Disappointing.
So looking at EVOffer’s website, it’s the “North American” version that’s out of stock? And with the taillights being global, I’m assuming what’s out of stock is whatever adapter they’re working on to get them working with stock US non global configuration?

I’d that’s the case, I’d just order the ROW variant and change the config to global

Edit: I forgot they need to modify the charge port stuff though. It might be worth finding out if that’s the bottleneck or the harness adapter

So looking at EVOffer’s website, it’s the “North American” version that’s out of stock? And with the taillights being global, I’m assuming what’s out of stock is whatever adapter they’re working on to get them working with stock US non global configuration?

I’d that’s the case, I’d just order the ROW variant and change the config to global
Sorry, I meant to put that Alpharex is telling me June, while T Sportline is saying April is still a go. (Hard to believe). T Sportline messaged me saying “It's likely intentional that they're telling end users that. They prefer that we deal with the tesla customer.”

I would even be open to getting the Alpharex lights and switching config to global, but I doubt they would do that.

I wish Alpharex would be more transparent regarding what the delay is.

I wonder what could be impacting global shipping?

1713113728257.png

Last I spoke with them .. it’s the NA issue. The adapters aren’t working so production has not started.
So you spoke with Alpharex themselves? I have a voicemail that TShitline left me & I’ll post the email response I got yesterday below. Obviously somebody has no clue when these things are coming. I wanted to attempt to install these before I get my new plaid but it’s not looking like that’s going to happen. If I end up giving my son my old plaid then obviously I’ll keep the tail lights but if production hasn’t even started then I’ll just get my cash back… I get it things happen but for them to keep dragging us along for five months no updates unless you bug them and even then we don’t get a truthful answer

Attachments

• IMG_9066.jpeg
    IMG_9066.jpeg
    669.4 KB · Views: 5
So you spoke with Alpharex themselves? I have a voicemail that TShitline left me & I’ll post the email response I got yesterday below. Obviously somebody has no clue when these things are coming. I wanted to attempt to install these before I get my new plaid but it’s not looking like that’s going to happen. If I end up giving my son my old plaid then obviously I’ll keep the tail lights but if production hasn’t even started then I’ll just get my cash back… I get it things happen but for them to keep dragging us along for five months no updates unless you bug them and even then we don’t get a truthful answer
I cancelled my order today. They keep giving the runaround and keep saying “just a few more weeks”. I’m gonna go the EVoffer route. Yea it’ll cost more but I also think they look better as they are OEM.

I spoke to the company which is working with alpharex to resolve the issue. Basically the adapters for NA cars are not yet ready. (Adapters isolate brake and turn signals)

Last edited:
Another option is to just code your tails to global. That’s what I did with the evoffer tails

Are the EVOffer tails plug and play on an early refresh S? I am not mechanically inclined at all and would likely look for someone locally to do the install and then find someone to code the tails to global. If installing them involves body work, then I would not do it.

I have the early ‘21 refresh Plaid with the old charge port - bought when they came out which I regret a little given all the updates on the new ones now. Not to mention the much lower price. Would be great to be able to get nicer tails than the ones from 2012!

Are the EVOffer tails plug and play on an early refresh S? I am not mechanically inclined at all and would likely look for someone locally to do the install and then find someone to code the tails to global. If installing them involves body work, then I would not do it.

I have the early ‘21 refresh Plaid with the old charge port - bought when they came out which I regret a little given all the updates on the new ones now. Not to mention the much lower price. Would be great to be able to get nicer tails than the ones from 2012!
IMG_5434.jpeg
This is exactly what I did as I have a Jan 22 msp. Other than the coding, everything was plug and play. But there’s a lot of things to remove and replace, mainly interior covers. It would be a nice weekend project but well worth it.

View attachment 1039870 This is exactly what I did as I have a Jan 22 msp. Other than the coding, everything was plug and play. But there’s a lot of things to remove and replace, mainly interior covers. It would be a nice weekend project but well worth it.
Looks Amazing! I’m not a fan of Tesla’s tail lights on the early Plaids so I would love to replace them.

You mentioned plug and play but “lots of things to remove and replace”. Interior covers? What needed replacing?

Looks Amazing! I’m not a fan of Tesla’s tail lights on the early Plaids so I would love to replace them.

You mentioned plug and play but “lots of things to remove and replace”. Interior covers? What needed replacing?
In order to install the tail lights, you need to remove alot of trunk lining. Same for the trunk. Once lights are installed, you’ll need to replace the lining back. Sounds easy enough, but time consuming to remove and replace without breaking any tabs or push pins.

Reactions: Luisito