Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Refresh Headlights & Taillights for Tesla Model S 2012-2020 | T Sportline x Alpharex collab NOVA Headlights and Pro Series Taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is great!
Question: I noticed that the OEM rear trim piece that extends into the light is not there on these lights.
Does this installation require a different rear trim piece?

See below:
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 2.36.30 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 2.39.04 PM.png

Can these headlights also set up for RHD vehicles?
For others curious, TSportline responded promptly through their site about the same question: The beam is so flat that it can be for RHD or LHD, unlike the stock lights with an angled "flare" upwards towards either the right or left edges.

Living in a regional area, a stronger, farther-reaching heading beam is attractive to me (I have the LED reflector headlights), but as with the HIDs before, a low-beam sharp cut-off has its pros and cons. I find a bit of light "bleeding" in the LEDs beyond the main focus area, allows me to make out objects that sit higher on the side of the roadway. I speculate that our eyes can accommodate this transition area better than a sudden cut-off between lit and non-lit. However, the trade-off is in the beam's intensity in the hot zone areas and a longer distance.

While I also would like to have seen a video of the MS light in direct comparison, I did find "Everyday Chris" on YouTube who did an extensive comparison on the MY version, comparing it against both the standard reflector lights and the newer projector matrix lights. The author is clear that he is not an expert in lighting but his summary was that Alpharex were close to the newer projector in his testing both on the road and using a simple light meter. The author also liked their look better. It may not be scientific, but the video may be helpful to others:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 7.08.07 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 7.08.07 pm.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 48
For others curious, TSportline responded promptly through their site about the same question: The beam is so flat that it can be for RHD or LHD, unlike the stock lights with an angled "flare" upwards towards either the right or left edges.

Living in a regional area, a stronger, farther-reaching heading beam is attractive to me (I have the LED reflector headlights), but as with the HIDs before, a low-beam sharp cut-off has its pros and cons. I find a bit of light "bleeding" in the LEDs beyond the main focus area, allows me to make out objects that sit higher on the side of the roadway. I speculate that our eyes can accommodate this transition area better than a sudden cut-off between lit and non-lit. However, the trade-off is in the beam's intensity in the hot zone areas and a longer distance.

While I also would like to have seen a video of the MS light in direct comparison, I did find "Everyday Chris" on YouTube who did an extensive comparison on the MY version, comparing it against both the standard reflector lights and the newer projector matrix lights. The author is clear that he is not an expert in lighting but his summary was that Alpharex were close to the newer projector in his testing both on the road and using a simple light meter. The author also liked their look better. It may not be scientific, but the video may be helpful to others:
I have since discovered that this video appeared elsewhere in the MY forums with the original poster. I will still leave this link here for those interested without searching further.

Last edited:
I’m starting to think this is a scam. I ordered mine at the beginning of December and keep getting a runaround. I’m just gonna blast this everywhere until I get a response for my tail lights. Every month of email that they keep telling me the next month of the next month, then the next month. Paid for them already have the same feeling when someone stole my wallet years ago

Reactions: Daytonaviolet
I’m starting to think this is a scam. I ordered mine at the beginning of December and keep getting a runaround. I’m just gonna blast this everywhere until I get a response for my tail lights. Every month of email that they keep telling me the next month of the next month, then the next month. Paid for them already have the same feeling when someone stole my wallet years ago
Yes that’s why I opted for the evoffer tails rather then alpharex. They are penal having some production issues

These LUX output numbers from the graphic below are for the 3 & Y, not the S. The 2016 Model S only outputs 5 LUX at 150 Feet verses 41.5 LUX with the AR NOVA's. Also keep in mind the Model 3 & Y AR NOVA lights only have 4 Ice Cube projectors and the Model S has 5 Ice Cube projectors, so it could be even higher LUX @ 150 Feet.

1709680480976.png

Last edited: