Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So confusing, I assume we going through 2021.12 on the way to 2021.24 in a few weeks, or maybe 2024 etc

1628779407712.png

So, now I have Tesla Powerwall co-ordination.
I’m guessing that it needs a Tesla Wallbox unless the car communicates direct to the PW.
I have a Zappi and in my experience when a power cut occurs everything just carries on irrespective.
having two Powerwalls I can charge at full bore anyway and if there is solar available at the time the charge will use that as well or instead.
I can’t see that it makes any difference to my setup. Anyone know otherwise
I doubt it... my suspicion would be that it's coordinated via the Tesla API & the car's network connection. Hopefully that means that we all gain the ability to remotely change the charge current limit, rather than having to go to the car to do it!

I doubt it... my suspicion would be that it's coordinated via the Tesla API & the car's network connection. Hopefully that means that we all gain the ability to remotely change the charge current limit, rather than having to go to the car to do it!
I don’t think current limit will be a factor. A single PW will put out 3.5 or 5kWh depending if it’s capped. My two are uncapped and will put out 10 as a peak but not sustain it. 7.5kWh is fine. So I could charge at 32amps from 2 PW’s
the charge current will be determined by what is available after deducting house draw.
in my case it will draw 32amps until the PW reaches the customisable limit set in the app, which is 75%
that will equate to about a 30 mile charge at say 4 miles/kWh
for anyone with a single PW, the advantage of charging from is a bit questionable in my view, but it does depend on the length of power cut and the house needs during it. In theory they could almost drain the PW for a 50mile charge. But, it will only charge at the rate that the PW permits.

Surprisingly, 12.25.7 has landed at my door. I wasn’t expecting it to as not many cars on 4.21.3 seem to be making that leap. Well, not yet…
worryingly, the update is being very slow to install. It also broke off a couple of times during download which is unusual. The LAN wired AP is 4 feet above the passenger mirror and has a 20Mb/s download speed available. We shall see…
@AnthonyLR will you be joining me in this forêt into the unknown?

Update has completed successfully as type!
12.25.7 finally arrived for me

The new update adds some updated UI changes & improvements:

1. The new phone layout - contacts list is now far left of the screen which makes it a bit of a reach. This also takes up the whole screen over the maps.
2. Icons have changed in the area where YouTube/Twitch is - does look sleeker
3. YouTube video playing now seems smoother.
4. Loading of YouTube seems to take longer tho.
5. Also video is synced with sound.
6. No more weird clicking/crackling/electronic noise from YouTube or radio (especially when charging)

Finding more as i go through it

Addition

7. Phantom breaking is still there. Passed a Car transporter lorry and im in the middle on the M1. It slammed the breaks on. Luckily no one else around

The new update adds some updated UI changes & improvements:

1. The new phone layout - contacts list is now far left of the screen which makes it a bit of a reach. This also takes up the whole screen over the maps.
2. Icons have changed in the area where YouTube/Twitch is - does look sleeker
3. YouTube video playing now seems smoother.
4. Loading of YouTube seems to take longer tho.
5. Also video is synced with sound.
6. No more weird clicking/crackling/electronic noise from YouTube or radio (especially when charging)

Finding more as i go through it

Addition

7. Phantom breaking is still there. Passed a Car transporter lorry and im in the middle on the M1. It slammed the breaks on. Luckily no one else around
8. As previous reported now you cant tap the art work on radio/spotify to bring up the menu you have to drag it up (not an UI improvement IMHO)
9. When you turn off HVAC (by long pressing the Fan icon) the fan icon is not greyed out to indicate its off although the temp setting either side is greyed out (not a biggy but fooled me for a while)

8. As previous reported now you cant tap the art work on radio/spotify to bring up the menu you have to drag it up (not an UI improvement IMHO)
9. When you turn off HVAC (by long pressing the Fan icon) the fan icon is not greyed out to indicate its off although the temp setting either side is greyed out (not a biggy but fooled me for a while)
I just tried my pre-heat pump LR and the fan icon still greys out with a long press. Temp settings grey out too

I just tried my pre-heat pump LR and the fan icon still greys out with a long press. Temp settings grey out too
hmmm I was doing it at night so was in night mode, wonder if that is the difference. As I say not really a big issue, just sat there like a lemon turning it off/on thinking they had broken the long press button until I worked out that the temp was greyed out but not the fan icon (the other big giveaway was there was no air blowing into my face but as I say it was latish at night:rolleyes: ).

• Funny
Reactions: OttoR and Dilly
The first time I opened my car door after installing 12.25.7 I had a notice on the screen telling me that my USB device had malfunctioned in the centre console, and to unplug it and try again, or something like that. First time I'd ever seen that. I unplugged the OEM Tesla wireless charging mat (not the SSD) and plugged it in again and it went away and - touch wood - hasn't come back.

Maybe related to your problem?....

Reactions: Andy718
The first time I opened my car door after installing 12.25.7 I had a notice on the screen telling me that my USB device had malfunctioned in the centre console, and to unplug it and try again, or something like that. First time I'd ever seen that. I unplugged the OEM Tesla wireless charging mat (not the SSD) and plugged it in again and it went away and - touch wood - hasn't come back.

Maybe related to your problem?....
I've tried reformating (using a PC) the Tesla supplied USB drive and also tried another spare drive. The format option in the car menu is greyed out, but the glovebox USB socket is operational as I can plug in and use an X-Box controller.

Issue now raised for Tesla service.