Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question: what are the plausible reasons for such a meeting? The tweet author has already ruled out capital raise. What's left?

EDIT: And to take this a bit further given the current thread, what would the SP implications be for the various meeting purposes?

I mean, I’m not trying to be that guy, but RBC claims in 2017 they advised on 122 billion worth of acquisitions/mergers, and that information is found on their website’s expertise page.

So if that’s the reason...

squuuuuueeeeeeeezeeeeeeeee hnnnnnnnng

May be a good time to put some throwaway money into some aggressive calls.....yessir it is.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SpaceCash
Some of us work during market hours and can’t watch the ticker in real time. For that reason I don’t mind the ticker discussion.

I honestly find the TMC forum website to be very sophisticated. With that in mind, wouldn't it be super if the TSLA thread could have the TSLA ticker built in somewhere?

A lot of us would then need to keep only a single web-page open...

I honestly find the TMC forum website to be very sophisticated. With that in mind, wouldn't it be super if the TSLA thread could have the TSLA ticker built in somewhere?

A lot of us would then need to keep only a single web-page open...

If I would just watch the TSLA Ticker I could do much more work done.
but reading the TMC all the time... I am lost. ;-)

If you followed me into this, I closed this bcs today. bought back dec355 for 23.25, sold dec345 for 34$, net credit 10.75$ (paid 0$). Could probably have let the $345 stretch a bit but buying back the Dec355 was key.

If we CLOSE over $355.5 today it will be a good sign.. if we don't, it won't be a good sign. Not sure what is bringing this little rally, its a bit of a disconnect and I don't think its just everybody coming around to thinking TESLA is somehow undervalued.

A close under $355 could lead to another sub $348, and I would look to put this spread on again.

I just want to point out that I think it's fascinating that we ended up right around $355.5 as quoted here by @tivoboy -- all the more so that the stock was taking off into the $360s when this was posted.

Can you elaborate on why you saw a close above or below $355.5 as important?

Elon Musk on Twitter

Lot on our plate, so it’s either get van gliders (no battery, powertrain or compute tech) from Daimler & produce sooner or do all & produce later. Not a big difference to total vehicles produced either way. Priority list is Model Y, solar roof tiles, pickup, semi, Roadster.
Yes, why not partner up? IMO Tesla needs to keep their foot on the gas and really capitalize on their lead in technology while they can. Currently they are limited by manufacturing capacity, while competitors are limited by tech. Might even pave the way for an acquisition down the road. Why build european factories if you can just buy an ailing Daimler?

With the overall market in a downtrend, Shorts must be seeing lots of opportunities else where ..
Funny you should say so, I noticed a big short seemed to imply he may be or has lost interest.

14E32B85-FC13-4351-9188-35C2646AF793.jpeg
[

I just want to point out that I think it's fascinating that we ended up right around $355.5 as quoted here by @tivoboy -- all the more so that the stock was taking off into the $360s when this was posted.

Can you elaborate on why you saw a close above or below $355.5 as important?
$355.5 has been my upper level resistance now for a few weeks. I had this level defined several months ago, but we've only now started to test it. I was on a PLANE for the past five hours - and paid for WIFI but the damb thing didn't work for ANYBODY, but I was getting texts from a colleague saying "should I be buying some appl here, or SQ or xyz", and I was like "WHAT IS GOING ON"!!!" I had NO DATA.

But frankly, i'm surprised we got pushed back to 353$, but then again, not surprised.

Yes, why not partner up? IMO Tesla needs to keep their foot on the gas and really capitalize on their lead in technology while they can. Currently they are limited by manufacturing capacity, while competitors are limited by tech. Might even pave the way for an acquisition down the road. Why build european factories if you can just buy an ailing Daimler?

Tesla buying Daimler ... :D:D:D:D...

Honestly I don't want to rule anything out, because this world is full of surprise.

But Daimler (Mercedes), by its image, is seen as a huge pillar of the German industry brand. This would send extremely bearish signals concerning the German capabilities.

So even the day Daimler will be on its way to 0, I'd rather bet on a government bail out or merging with an other German company.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Semi will take time to build volume since fleet buyers will need to evaluate.
Y, tiles, pickup are potential higher volume products.

Several reasons I place semi in front:
Sales price of semi is worth 2 -3 Ys. Probably with a comparable gross margin.
Demand will not be a problem in my lifetime. Tesla can easily sell what they make.
Elimination of all those diesels? I can hardly wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.