Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have an order in for $10k at the closing price today, so presumably that'll execute. That brings me to just short of 2100 shares, which I fervently hope will go up in price enough to pay for the entire car. If TSLA goes bankrupt that'll really suck, but it's hard to imagine a scenario outside of outright catastrophe that'll drive the stock down dramatically at this point. I really think us folks here are "in the know" far more than the statistical based traders.

Last edited:
Have an order in for $10k at the closing price today, so presumably that'll execute. That brings me to just short of 2100 shares, which I fervently hope will go up in price enough to pay for the entire car. If TSLA goes bankrupt that'll really suck, but it's hard to imagine a scenario outside of outright catastrophe that'll drive the stock down dramatically at this point. I really think us folks here are "in the know" far more than the statistical based traders.

The only thing that's bothering me is if we see a double dip recession or a long-drawn-out phase of stagflation (like in Japan in the past two decades) in the US and the Eurozone cookie starts crumbling at the same time.

This does not bode well for premium carmakers (let alone EV makers!). Less disposable income for the masses to spend on relatively expensive (upfront atleast) cars. So, once the early adopters are exhausted, if the western economies don't get better, I doubt if TSLA would continue to do well for too long.

You'll have 100 more shares than I do. I won't be able to afford the Model S unless TSLA really goes up. It's all or nothing with me. The amount I've invested wouldn't get me much more than the base model, but I want a lot more than that.

The only thing that's bothering me is if we see a double dip recession or a long-drawn-out phase of stagflation (like in Japan in the past two decades) in the US and the Eurozone cookie starts crumbling at the same time.

This does not bode well for premium carmakers (let alone EV makers!). Less disposable income for the masses to spend on relatively expensive (upfront atleast) cars. So, once the early adopters are exhausted, if the western economies don't get better, I doubt if TSLA would continue to do well for too long.

Not to mention the dramatic drop in gas prices that would cause.

On a happier note, we just broke through 200-day moving average which has provided a lot of resistance lately. If you aren't in yet, I don't know what you are waiting for, but I think this is the first sign that we are changing directions.

There has to be other manipulative reasons.

Like what? To show confidence in your own company at a critical juncture? Why? So that shareholder get bolder and drive up the price of the stock. Seems like the same reason I stated. To gain a controlling stake in a company? Why do you want a controlling stake? Because you think you could run it better? Why go to the trouble? To drive up the price of the stock. Seems like the same reason to me.

They say that there are lots of reasons to sell (planned sales, something came up and you need the money, bought on margin and are getting forced to sell etc.) but there is only one reason to buy: you believe the shares will be worth more in the future than they are today.

You can buy stock as a hedge even if you truly feel it'll go down. Just to protect yourself against another position

Status
Not open for further replies.