Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Source? I only ask because last year Tesla had often stated 5,500-6,000 cars but then they revised it to a more conservative 5,000 and AFAIK they've been using that ever since. If they've upped that number it would be real news.

I'm mobile at the moment, so I'll need to check at home, but pretty sure it was in or around the shareholder meeting.

Woops, you're right Citizen-T. Here it is:

units.png

Yay! My severance from my last job (just ended) ends up happening in 2 parts, part right now and part in 2 weeks, so I can dump some more into TSLA soon as it clears the bank transfer. Now I just pray the stock actually goes up...well, just after I buy preferably.

Closed down .96 today at 29.12. What does TM have to do to get some love? Only good things have happened recently and have even had some analyst say it is time to buy. I am surprised.
General market conditions probably affect Tesla's share price more than news about Tesla itself. It would probably be a mistake to imagine that most trades of TSLA have anything at all to do with Tesla. Share price will rise as the company becomes more successful, but the daily swings are more the result of investor confidence in the market and the economy as a whole.

What's with that? Weren't they saying Tesla could not possibly succeed about a month ago? I pity the poor fools who take The Motley Fool seriously.

Who does Tesla have a battery agreement with?

It seems A123 has done something big (which has got their share price up 50% today alone) by annoucning a massive improvement in their car battery research, which they hope to have available soon. Could have a massive impact on Tesla.

A123 Seeks Rebound With Improved Electric-Car Battery - Businessweek

Tesla is with Panasonic for the cells in the Roadster and Model S AFAIK. I saw A123's thing on Fisker Buzz and it seems like they found a way to eliminate the need for temperature management in their cells, but the cells seem more geared toward hybrids and plugin hybrids than EVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.