Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A real aholee? or what
I find myself writing a lot of posts that I just delete, along with comments to him that I delete because it is pointless talking to a brick wall.

A real libelous D- bag, I think, yes
so much trash talk about Tesla it makes me sad.

Edited because I don't own a castle and like dirty language over dirt talking

Last edited:
A real asshole? or what
I find myself writing a lot of posts that I just delete, along with comments to him that I delete because it is pointless talking to a brick wall.

A real libelous asshole, I think, yes
so much trash talk about Tesla it makes me sad.

He seems to do it in such frequency that it makes him unmistakably a bad source. I guess what I mean is, if you are going to denounce a company try not to do it every 4 to 5 days. It just makes you look fake.

He seems to do it in such frequency that it makes him unmistakably a bad source. I guess what I mean is, if you are going to denounce a company try not to do it every 4 to 5 days. It just makes you look fake.
Don't forget his target audience is not us, it is idiots who think they can beat the market, because they think this guy is right.

He's playing a game. It's pretty clear to me.

I might agree with you, Steph, except for one thing:

When people have left negative comments on his postings, he reacts emotionally. Very few people are so good at playing a game that they can also fake appropriate emotional outbursts. When he's attacked with logic, he clearly gets hurt and starts to take potshots at people, to the point of having some banned from posting comments. If he were playing a game, he wouldn't do that.

After a bit of research, I think the guy is fake...

His "Law firm" is here: http://www.ipo-law.com/

Domain info for this web site:
Registrant:
John L. Petersen Attn. At Law
Chateau de Barbereche
Barbereche 1783
CH

Domain Name: IPO-LAW.COM

Administrative Contact:
Petersen, John
Petersen & Fefer, Attorneys
Chateau de Barbereche
Barbereche
FR
CHE
4126 684 0500 fax: 4126 684 0505

Technical Contact:
John L. Petersen Attn. At Law
Chateau de Barbereche
Barbereche 1783
CH
+4126-684-0500 fax: +4126-684-0505

Record expires on 25-Feb-2022.
Record created on 24-Feb-1996.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.BLUESKYSERVER.NET
NS2.BLUESKYSERVER.NET

Chateau de Barbereche is here: Fribourg : Le chteau de Barbereche

Sounds fishy at first glance...

Predicting the Bump

Does anyone want to venture a guess on the impact to price on 22nd and the following week. How much press? Expected reception by automotive press.? Potential short squeeze? Anybody believe that we will reach the 52 week high or is it all priced in?

Some things to keep in mind:

People are very good at believing what they want to believe.

People want to believe that the status quo will continue, and that we are not desecrating the planet.

A lot of people believe, with all their being, that there is a god who ordains all things and will continue to provide us with oil.

People are slow to accept change.

EVs require a change in the way we think about transportation, and for the present at least, batteries are expensive and place limitations on EVs in terms of price, range, and time to "re-fuel."

A lot of people have a very contradictory and inconsistent view of science: On the one hand, they mistrust the pronouncements of scientists regarding the environmental effects of our behavior, but on the other hand they regard science as a kind of magic that can solve any problem. Thus they deny climate change, but absolutely believe that science will provide us a way to continue to drive our present cars.

Take all this together, and they do not believe that electric cars can work. The June 22 roll-out of a few tens of Model S, and even this year's delivery of a few thousand, will not flip their opinions like turning over a card. It will be a gradual acceptance, as they first recognize that an EV is not a golf cart, and then that it can have decent range, and then much more slowly they'll come to accept that they don't need TWO gas cars, and as prices very slowly fall and charge time very slowly declines, and charging infrastructure is gradually built up, there will be a gradual acceptance of Tesla's ability to succeed as a profitable company, ideally poised to be the leader in the field.

And as these realizations gradually take hold, the market will gradually value TSLA higher. There may at some point this year or next be a short squeeze, but short squeezes are by their nature brief spikes, good for profit taking, but useless to the long-term investor.

Tesla will grow and TSLA will rise, but it will be slowly, over the course of years, and will continue to be very volatile for a long time. And the gradual acceptance is not a bad thing, because Tesla will take time to increase production. If 10% of the population decided today that they wanted an S, Tesla could not meet the demand. Demand and production will grow together as early adopters provide cash flow and more EVs on the roads spur acceptance. Maybe in a decade TSLA will be 5 to 10 times its present value, adjusted for inflation.

Or maybe we'll trash the planet so badly that in a decade Mad Max will look like an optimistic vision.

Predicting the Bump

Does anyone want to venture a guess on the impact to price on 22nd and the following week. How much press? Expected reception by automotive press.? Potential short squeeze? Anybody believe that we will reach the 52 week high or is it all priced in?
Tesla events don't really seem to move the stock much. It's down 25% from it's high of $40 and things look better now than then, so I haven't been able to figure what causes the stock to move other than general market movement. Even then, some days Tesla doesn't move with the market at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.