Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I should have sold at $32 and put in the $29 limit. I was so close to doing so ...
Hindsight. If we knew what it was going to do, we'd all be rich. If you'd sold at 32 and bought at 29, yeah, you'd have made money. But it could just as easily have gone up and you'd either lose money buying back in, or miss out on future gains. That's why I just watch it out of curiosity now. I've got all the shares I plan on buying, and I'm holding them for the long term.

I just got lucky is all. Had money available to buy, but only at a price. If the market hadn't dipped, neither would have TSLA probably and I'd still be sitting on my order, and I would have been perfectly OK with that outcome also. I'm in for the long regardless how many shares I end up with.

Good news for me. The dip today triggered my $29 order. :D Can't wait for after deliveries and the next year to come!!

Mine too. Another 115 shares. Now I'm at a nice round number of shares. And I definitely don't have any more liquid assets to buy more. TSLA now has my permission (Ha!) to just go up. Of course I don't expect that to happen until after the 22nd.

Yup, my friend from Los Altos (38yrs) asked if I was getting the two-seater Tesla when I said I wanted to go by the Santana row store if I make it to the area. He works on games and graphic design and has always kind of been into cars. Still shocked at how sparsely know Tesla is. Also My cousin visited over the Mem weekend. His girlfriend works for G /Android and he hadn't seen the S and barely knows of it!! It's Coming! I showed him some of the latest vids :eek: hehe
and TSLA asks me for yet more money

I was awake a half hour before opening yesterday, but fell asleep for just a minute right at 8AM. I had intended to sell everything and re-buy in the dip, but I'm sure I'll get another chance to do that before the Model S release. It's starting to be a pretty predictable pattern that seems like it might have one more iteration, at least. 8^D But heck, as a short-term value investor I can live with only making the amount I'll get from buying at 28 and selling at... (well, 40 gets tossed around a lot!) 8^D Or not. Maybe just leaving it. Depends on if I decide to buy an S. I'm still on the fence over the X.

Status
Not open for further replies.