Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't help myself: I put in another limit order for 30 shares at $25. And I transfered another $500 into the brokerage account so that when it arrives I can up that to 50 shares. I don't really expect it to drop to $25, but the way it's acting, you never know, and if it does I'll grab a few more shares. Another brokerage (a small local one nobody is likely to have heard of) just came in line with Wunderlich, upgrading to Buy and giving a $42 target price.

What happened to "I just want a few shares to feel good about." ?????

Yeah, well, you know how it is. Anyway, I didn't buy. I just put in a limit order in case it goes really low.

Watch it Daniel you'll end up being a Warren Buffet before you know it..:tongue:
Not too much chance of that. I think Warren Buffet knows a little more about investing than I do. :biggrin:

On another topic, someone said to me today, "That's all-electric, isn't it?" More and more people know what my car is. I wonder if all the news coverage of SpaceX is bleeding over to increased public awareness of Tesla. Some folks in this thread have wondered out loud whether the success of the Dragon mission would affect TSLA share price. I didn't think it would. But here's something I think is possible: That by making people more aware of Tesla, and showing that Elon Musk is a guy who can get things done right, SpaceX might help boost sales of the Models S and X, and so give important support to the company. The market might not react to that in the short term, but it would increase profitability and in the long term that will mean higher stock price.

^ Surprising. The Motley Fool usually has nothing good to say about Tesla.

He talks about the S having a range of "nearly 300 miles" and in the same article he mentions the Aerovironment quick chargers that can supposedly charge a car in 30 minutes. If I'm not mistaken, those chargers can charge a Leaf to 80% in 30 minutes. Assuming an 85-mile range, that's just under 70 miles. So every hour of driving you stop for 30 minutes. But since he does not mention that these are two different systems, he's giving the impression of 30 minutes of charging for every 300 miles of driving.

The Motley Fool seems to get it wrong even when they're saying good things about EVs.

I've stopped reading anything from Peterson, and I'd encourage everyone here to do the same. I think he simply enjoys baiting us (collectively). As they say in the zoo, "Please don't feed the animals."

I agree. If you're ever able to start your counter blog (I know you have work restrictions on what you can write), I think that would be great. Your expertise and knowledge of the electrical industry would be great for articles for us to point to.

I've stopped reading anything from Peterson, and I'd encourage everyone here to do the same. I think he simply enjoys baiting us (collectively). As they say in the zoo, "Please don't feed the animals."

Yeah, indeed. I suspect he watches this thread and enjoys the reaction from us. And, by linking back to his article from here, we are only driving more traffic there and SeekingAlpha can only be too happy with that!

Sad that Yahoo Finance automatically puts up all articles written about TSLA on SeekingAlpha up in the News section without any curation.

The SA editors have requested that I start writing articles instead of commenting, but it just doesn't seem as much fun. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

You should do it. We need someone who knows this topic to write intelligent articles dissecting what's wrong with his articles. We can then post links to it in his comment section:). I doubt he'd allow that though.

Last edited:
You should do it. We need someone who knows this topic to write intelligent articles dissecting what's wrong with his articles. We can then post links to it in his comment section:). I doubt he'd allow that though.

It could be done without directly attacking him. Just write about the positives and let folks draw their own conclusions.

I too have decided to not comment on JP's posts. His premises are based on numeric assumptions and assumptions that car buyers only care about numerics.

It's the taste of Kool-Aid that I'm selling.

*Gibberish thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.