Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one else notice on the "Deliveries" thread that the VINs are all of a sudden "TBD"? Anyone else thinking that this may be a sly plan for a Q3 production surprise?
I would not make a big deal out of it. Anyone sane would figure out that +200 or -200 cars in a third quarter or +-1000 cars in a forth quarter would mean two weeks deviation from planned production targets...
Market wont penalize or reward for such under performance or over performance by too much. If you are long long - you are betting that Tesla would have at least 5 cars line up (2 sedans, 2 SUV and sport "supercar") . And would be able to deliver them at healthy gross margins. If you are short - you better hope that Tesla will start to show REAL signs of biting the dust in next 6 months, if not sooner...

Last edited:
Posting about JP is a waste of effort. The guy is a doofus who has no regard for facts. He probably has a short position in TSLA and he's desperately trying to drive the stock down enough that he can get out without being wiped out.

Totally agree. There's an old saying I'm fond of: "Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

One important thing to note - Peterson is not short TSLA. He is the former chairman and major shareholder in Axion Power (ticker AXPW), a research holding company in lead-acid battery technology for hybrid vehicles. (Talk about being on the wrong side of the technology curve.) He lashes out at anything that threatens his precious holdings, which are now worth about 10% of what they were 5 years ago. Ouch.

Totally agree. There's an old saying I'm fond of: "Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
...and they seem tot think they are NOT ARGUING! when clearly the only thing they do is argue
(not sure if JP falls in this category)
I have some acquaintances that are super negative about Tesla and always argue about other stuff and claim that they aren't arguing(no free rides for them ;> )
I can't argue that Tesla has their sh!t together from an engineering perspective. Some of the other 'less important' areas may be lacking a little. If I had anything to add to TSLA last week I would have but I think I need to put a down payment pretty soon :biggrin: doG dooG!

Just looking at the stock weekly prices as of right now, it looks like there is a $35ish plateau. I don't see this being the case in a few weeks or a month. There was no reaction to the S actually getting on the road on the first place because no one really even knows about it(my opinion? I'm not living in the Bay area anymore). I'd estimate that much less than 1% of people in my area have heard of Tesla. The only people that I know, that have heard of the S (out of approx. 300) are ones that I've told I was getting one(all of them!) NONE of them had ever heard of it. Some had heard of the Roadster and thought the company wasn't around anymore or something similar.

Tesla has huge room to grow...wait until it makes it to Norway and Europe and ...MArs }%P

Last edited:
I love how there is nothing in his Bio that talks about his rather huge interest in Axion, how he is a rather direct competitor with TM and then writes articles like these that pretend to be journalism but are nothing more than pure financially biased opinion. I would think "The Street" would put a stop to this.

John Petersen - Articles, E-Mail and Biography - TheStreet

jp.PNG

Discoducky, what if we get an online petition together, basically stating all of the facts about Mr. Petersons real agenda, then present it to SeekingAlpha and TheStreet, and we'll continue presenting it to any future online or printed media he happens to find to publish his drivel, we could actually be done with him :)

Discoducky, what if we get an online petition together, basically stating all of the facts about Mr. Petersons real agenda, then present it to SeekingAlpha and TheStreet, and we'll continue presenting it to any future online or printed media he happens to find to publish his drivel, we could actually be done with him :)
I'm in!

he is BS and trying to propagate lies for his own profit

A campaign of well formed, honest, level headed, fact based emails was effective at getting Peterson dropped from SeekingAlpha. Time to do the same with TheStreet, especially if anyone here is a subscriber to their premium services (like RealMoney).

I don't read any of those sources, but informing his publisher(s) of his conflict of interest sounds like a very good idea. At the very least, that conflict should be noted at the top of every article of his that they publish. (And don't forget to note our own interest as owners of Tesla's cars and stock.)

Tesla’s Musk Sidesteps 2012 Model S Sales Target

And the stock plunges below $30 on options Friday...

Seems to catch itself 20 cents below $30... another buying opportunity...

Here is the video: Tesla's Model S Goal Is 20,000 in 2013, Musk Says: Video - Bloomberg

He says he "sidesteps" because as a public company, they can't disclose near-term information at this time. To me he seems very confident in general, though. Raising capital appears to be an option they look at, but not a necessity.

Here's an article comparing Elon's accomplishments with some Wall Street wizards, the last sentence is precious:

"They should sit down and shutup for a decade or three" love it :)

Dimon is No Musk, Wall Street is No Tesla: Street Whispers - TheStreet

"So, sure, let's encourage more Elon Musks to come to the U.S. and find ways to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, fix our education system and cure diseases. But let's encourage Jamie Dimon, Mitt Romney and the other gladiators of Wall Street to shut up and sit down for a decade or three."

Last edited:
How much did Elon enjoy saying that his rocket is 100 times bigger than Branson's? :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

He says he "sidesteps" because as a public company, they can't disclose near-term information at this time. To me he seems very confident in general, though. Raising capital appears to be an option they look at, but not a necessity.
He also seemed to basically admit they aren't going to hit 5K deliveries this year.

He's still on SA as far as I know. In fact a few days ago a comment stream where Nick Butcher and I picked apart some of his claims was deleted. SA seems to like having him around regardless of how wrong he is.

Like most of the other high volume low quality syndicates, unfortunately SA allows just about anyone to contribute, half the "authors" have never even taken a business/finance/investments 101 class. There is some valuable stuff written there but it is it few and far between, and easy to misinterpret.

- - - Updated - - -

How much did Elon enjoy saying that his rocket is 100 times bigger than Branson's? :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

He also seemed to basically admit they aren't going to hit 5K deliveries this year.

Later today Branson and Musk will be on Bloomberg measuring their uh, members.

More seriously though, does anyone recall or have a link regarding a new drivetrain deal for a big man. or something? I'm really surprised that they haven't filed for a cap raise yet and it makes me wonder if they have some other significant revenue from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.