Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But yours is somewhat immediate, isn't it? If my delivery lapses into January my 2015 tax situation a) won't let me claim the credit until Q1 2016, and b) I won't be able to claim the full credit possibly due to a change in my tax situation.

So if a Canadian buyer can still get the same credit regardless on January 1 or later, and delaying a Canadian buyer's car lets me get my car early enough to claim the credit for 2014... well, that's what they better be doing.
Quebec residents get a $8000 rebate and those from Ontario get $8500. I doubt this under consideration when prioritising deliveries. First in first out will do me just fine.

Newest P85D in Tampa

Ordered: 10/10/2014 (Day after the reveal event on Thursday)
Confirmed: 10/10/2014
Estimated delivery: "December"
Scheduled delivery date: - 12-19 December 2014
Actual delivery date: -
Delivery location: Tampa
Color: Black
Wheels: 21 in Silver Turbine wheels
Interior: Tan NG seats, Matte Obeche wood, White head liner
Options: Tech package with Auto pilot, air suspension, Ultra high fidelity sound
Anxious for my first P85D "Testa :biggrin:"

Congrats on the new ride. Waiting for my first Tesla, a P85D as well. My "scheduled" delivery date is next Thursday the 18th but at this point who knows with the recent delays. Also watch what you type around here because of some moderator interventions since I joined up. Let the waiting continue!

Ordered 10/9 at the LA event
Confirmed 10/9
Re-confirmed 10/24
Went into production 11/25
EOL 12/1
DS says I actually went into production 12/1, not 11/25 as indicated
As of 12/9, still in production, in general assembly, which normally occurs on day 2-3.

Delivery scheduled 12/12. Not going to happen, unless all of the reporting systems are wrong and my car is already on a truck.

Car must arrive by 12/18-19 for me to be able to take delivery this year and to have it for my road trip. It looks like I may be renting a minivan and paying for gas. Lord help me.

Last edited:
Ordered Thursday afternoon,

still no VIN.

Is this normal? Delivery still expected late December.

Pls respond

I think it's hard for anyone to tell you how "normal" the wait for your VIN is in light of the fact that your entire ordering through delivery process is definitely shortened as compared to most. I know I waited a lot longer than just a few days after confirming my order to receive my VIN, as did most people here, but that was because no VINs for P85Ds had been assigned yet at that time. The way things are going right now, I wouldn't read too much into when Tesla assigns your VIN. They could conceivably assign your VIN and you could see your car in production the next day. My vehicle got its VIN right around the time everyone else was getting theirs, is tentatively scheduled for delivery the week of December 22, but is not yet in production (as per my dashboard.) I'm learning that Tesla does things when Tesla does things, and it seems best if we try, as best we can, not to worry about the exact timing of it all, as whatever they tentatively predict it is likely to change anyway.

Ordered: 10/10/2014 (Day after the reveal event on Thursday)
Confirmed: 10/10/2014
Estimated delivery: "December"
Scheduled delivery date: - 12-19 December 2014
Delivery location: Tampa
Color: Black
Wheels: 21 in Silver Turbine wheels
Interior: Tan NG seats, Matte Obeche wood, White head liner
Options: Tech package with Auto pilot, air suspension, Ultra high fidelity sound
Anxious for my first P85D "Testa :biggrin:"

Nearly identical order and confirmation details to you Mike. Also waiting for Delivery. Was initially promised 12/19/14 for Brandon location. Now, my DS doesn't give me a straight answer.

Have you been told anything more concrete regarding delivery?

Screenshot 2014-12-09 09.49.24.png

My DS just reconfirmed that mine is still scheduled to go into production this week with a scheduled delivery date of 12/22.
He did say however that there is a "risk" of a one week delay.

Congrats on the new ride. Waiting for my first Tesla, a P85D as well. My "scheduled" delivery date is next Thursday the 18th but at this point who knows with the recent delays. Also watch what you type around here because of some moderator interventions since I joined up. Let the waiting continue!

Welcome. What "intervention" was done? All new members have posts go through moderation.

Okay, folks. The purpose of this thread is to track progress on deliveries (as many of you have rightfully noted).

I have moved a number of posts (and no doubt, a number more) to Osama Is Not Happy He Wants You to Know . Cutting posts out of an existing thread is an imperfect art, so you'll see remnants here and there. Apologies to innocent bystanders. Please carry on.

- Moderator.

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Nearly identical order and confirmation details to you Mike. Also waiting for Delivery. Was initially promised 12/19/14 for Brandon location. Now, my DS doesn't give me a straight answer.

Have you been told anything more concrete regarding delivery?
ZZ curious is your DS based out of Marietta? My DS seems quite responsive and just called me to let me know mine will be going into production in 3 days. We shall see. I think I will just take delivery to my home.

Last edited:
A user in another thread mentioned yesterday that 1) heated steering wheel is most likely standard to P85D; and 2) we may all be in for a surprize.

Just asked my DS and received this word on my P85D order... "I am 99.9% your car will come with the heated steering wheel ..... Your car is in the correct build week and region to receive it." But there's no build sheet for it. The DS also said "There may be one other surprise as well." for which I'm not going to press my luck with finding out what that means. I'm hoping to unwrap my P85D by Christmas and I know what happened when I was 8 years old and discovered my stash of presents early. I'm waiting for delivery to find out...

What if the delay in not about _problems_, but about a new upgrade/new features?

Just joined this forum to add my data point to this helpful thread:

Ordered: 10/18/2014
Confirmed: 10/18/2014
Re-confirmed: 10/24/2014

Entered Production: 12/9/2014
VIN: 63640 (received: 11/3/2014)
Estimated delivery: "Late December"
Scheduled delivery date: December 27, 2014. Was told this in email in 11/4/2014 and then reconfirmed by phone call 12/1/2014. Was told on the phone then that there's a 50% chance that I will get it a few days earlier than that (as early as December 18th or 19th even).
Delivery location: Orlando, FL
Color: Red
Wheels: 21 in Grey Turbine wheels
Interior: Black NG seats, Piano Black Decor, Black Alcantara head liner
Options: Tech package with auto pilot, air suspension, ultra high fidelity sound, red brake calipers, all glass panoramic roof
This is my first Tesla purchase. I'm buying this for my mother as a Christmas present to replace her red Toyota Corolla after I made a small fortune from coding apps. This will be her first car worth more than $17,000. I would be lying if I didn't say that I'd want to drive this car a bit as well since I love fast cars (my other cars include a LP560-4 and LP700-4).

A user in another thread mentioned yesterday that 1) heated steering wheel is most likely standard to P85D; and 2) we may all be in for a surprize.

Originally Posted by basf_audio viewpost-right.png
Just asked my DS and received this word on my P85D order... "I am 99.9% your car will come with the heated steering wheel ..... Your car is in the correct build week and region to receive it." But there's no build sheet for it. The DS also said "There may be one other surprise as well." for which I'm not going to press my luck with finding out what that means. I'm hoping to unwrap my P85D by Christmas and I know what happened when I was 8 years old and discovered my stash of presents early. I'm waiting for delivery to find out...

What if the delay in not about _problems_, but about a new upgrade/new features?

I'd like to nominate this for best first post ever! (Welcome to the forum!)