Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DFW Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re scheduled to pick up sometime over the next couple of days from the Plano democracy location, there’s a good chance your car came in yesterday . I stopped by this evening and was able to view my vehicle. It was very dusty and had some tape around some parts of the vehicle. It still needed to be prepped. My delivery to the home date was originally this upcoming Monday. I called Tesla on my drive home, and they are delivering tomorrow instead

Reactions: Sigma4Life
If you’re scheduled to pick up sometime over the next couple of days from the Plano democracy location, there’s a good chance your car came in yesterday . I stopped by this evening and was able to view my vehicle. It was very dusty and had some tape around some parts of the vehicle. It still needed to be prepped. My delivery to the home date was originally this upcoming Monday. I called Tesla on my drive home, and they are delivering tomorrow instead
Got mine today. LR Blue/Cream MF.

My car arrived last Wednesday 12/1 and then off to the detail shop on 12/4. Got it back today and looks amazing! PPF, ceramic coating interior/exterior, tint (30 front/25 back) and powder coating of 19” wheels. So fun to drive!
BB04D83B-7994-40D6-9A8C-F09627DCDB73.jpeg

I don't know about the car above, but I used to use Pro-Tect. Thom's team there used to do some pretty good work, but my last experiences (on two different Teslas) haven't been great with returns required for puckering and lifting of the PPF, and a new "blame the customer for the problem" mentality that's a huge turn off.

Some have used this firm ("Tesla" spelled backward) as they provide quotes on line; I'll likely try them for our next Teslas:

Getting delivery of my white interior 1/29-2/3 at the Cedar Springs location. Finally, only been waiting since July.

Anyone knows if this location will deliver or pick up only? I live 30 minutes away.
I would call your SA to confirm but I'll tell you what my SA at North Park mall told me. My delivery location was set for Cedar Springs but the SA was really pushing home delivery for me. I said I want to inspect at a Tesla location and no rush to thoroughly inspect the car. I was then told even though it says Cedar Springs, I could also pick it up at North Park or Cedar Sprgs.

Reactions: TX-Lady
I have reached out to a few. We might be able to get a group buy if we have a few people. One I tried to was open to a quantity discount as I plan to have 2 cars done so was negotiating around that.

With you that would be at least 3. I'll reach out to them tomorrow and see what they can do with 3 cars and more if people are interested. I plan to do my entire S and at least the front of our M3.
Interested as well, but with a caveat on pricing--that will be key if we're to go forward with this.

Example: I was just quoted well over $6k to do our '22 Model S with PPF here in the DFW Metroplex.

Given that we trade or sell these every year or two, and that Tesla will offer us exactly $0.00 extra for all that PPF on our trade-in, I've basically thrown in the towel on PPF.

Hope you can generate a volume and price that will work.

Heck, given the jaw-dropping cost I should just buy the material in bulk and install it myself!

Honestly, I don't know why DFW prices for PPF are so high. I went to a few shops to check them out when I moved here. I could have my S done totally in FL where I moved from for far less. I don't think they charged and upcharge for stealth either.

TBH - I won't drop close to 7k on wrapping the care. By the time you take most of their quotes, add in sales tax (as some don't quote the total price), it could be pretty close to that figure.

So the person I reached out to I already expressed the price sensitivity for this. I'll tell you the price target I am shooting for; a fully wrapped S (non-stealth) for in the low 5k range out the door or a better price if we can get it. Also a significant discount on tint.

Ideally I'd like to be in the high 4's fully wrapped. If I was back in Florida, I know the place that did my Y would do that for sure if we brought 4 or 5 cars. If it is fully wrapped, I don't really have to worry about if I take it to a car wash either. ;-)

Reactions: TSLA Pilot