Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DFW Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A quick follow-up. I just received a reply regarding the PPF installer. I think we have a good shot of getting to where I want to be as mentioned above. If you seriously interested, DM me. The pricing is looking pretty good at this point and I am seeing if we can get even better if we can get a few more people to commit.

I am working on what the firm out the door price is if we can get at least 4 cars. I have never seen a better price for a fully wrapped car than where are at (with 4 cars) from a reputable, certified installer.

Interested as well, but with a caveat on pricing--that will be key if we're to go forward with this.

Example: I was just quoted well over $6k to do our '22 Model S with PPF here in the DFW Metroplex.

Given that we trade or sell these every year or two, and that Tesla will offer us exactly $0.00 extra for all that PPF on our trade-in, I've basically thrown in the towel on PPF.

Hope you can generate a volume and price that will work.

Heck, given the jaw-dropping cost I should just buy the material in bulk and install it myself!
After setting my delivery date, I went to Tint World in Rowlett and they're doing the whole car with Sun Tek PPF for $5K (also getting full tint to include the windshield done). They replaced the tint on my Audi a while back and I was very happy with the quality and service, and their reviews are good. So I'll drive straight from the delivery center in Plano to Tint World.

A quick follow-up. I just received a reply regarding the PPF installer. I think we have a good shot of getting to where I want to be as mentioned above. If you seriously interested, DM me. The pricing is looking pretty good at this point and I am seeing if we can get even better if we can get a few more people to commit.

I am working on what the firm out the door price is if we can get at least 4 cars. I have never seen a better price for a fully wrapped car than where are at (with 4 cars) from a reputable, certified installer.
I'm in, likely for two MS's, if the price is right. (One MS arrived on the 31st, the other will be in May, if the EDD holds.)

I'll PM you in a bit.

Thanks for doing the leg work, and I concur--pricing here in the DFW area feels insanely high for a few manhours of work (and how much could the material actually cost).

Awesome, thanks for setting this up. I'm PMing you now.

After setting my delivery date, I went to Tint World in Rowlett and they're doing the whole car with Sun Tek PPF for $5K (also getting full tint to include the windshield done). They replaced the tint on my Audi a while back and I was very happy with the quality and service, and their reviews are good. So I'll drive straight from the delivery center in Plano to Tint World.
I think we can beat that PPF price as part of this buy.

Based on the final numbers, it is looking like a screaming deal. I have never seen better pricing at the retail level. If we get one more confirmed person we will reach the max discount level.

Based on the final numbers, it is looking like a screaming deal. I have never seen better pricing at the retail level. If we get one more confirmed person we will reach the max discount level.
For those unsure of the need for PPF, please note that the new Model S has a significant flare to rear doors and fenders: rock chip magnets in literally just a few miles.

Tesla places a tiny splash of PPF on the rear fenders, but it's far too small to protect much.

If you plan to keep your MS a while, you'll likely want to splurge on the PPF as it works very well to protect the paint from rock chips and the like, and it will certainly enhance value if you sell your car (mostly to private parties as they're the ones that will value such perfect paint).

My experience has been that it works very well, and any warranty issues were easily and quickly resolved (SunTek brand PPF).

Sorry to hi-jack, but how does the Suntek PPF look compared to the xpel stealth? I'm looking for a satin finish..

Does SunTek have options? I'm looking to order a Plaid soon, so I'm looking at options here in Allen area..
SunTek clear PPF is what we've used for years as it's basically invisible, yet provides a clear, glossy "just waxed" look to the car.

Not sure of other options, but for the Group Buy I think there will be choices, with Satin being more expensive IIRC. I'm "in" on the Group Buy because my only other quote was for well over $6k for the entire car, which was too hard to swallow.

Regardless, any PPF is better than no PPF:)

Sorry to hi-jack, but how does the Suntek PPF look compared to the xpel stealth? I'm looking for a satin finish..

Does SunTek have options? I'm looking to order a Plaid soon, so I'm looking at options here in Allen area..
I have XPEL on my MY and it has been awesome so far. I lived in Florida before moving to Dallas. The place that did mine in Florida had one wrapped in stealth and it looked awesome. If I didn't have white and had a gray Tesla or black, I think it would look awesome.

DM me about the group buy if interested. Still learning Texas but it looks like Lucas isn't too far away to save a bunch of money. You can do the regular which is what I have the MY and it looks very glossy or the satin/stealth one. As TSLA PIlot mentioned it is a little bit more. I have had a number of cars PPF'd in my lifetime and this is the best pricing I've seen or heard of anywhere and I have friends all over the US.

I was actually thinking about having my car delivered in FL just because there was such a price delta between here and there. I could combine a trip back to see family, get my S wrapped, and save a ton of money in the process compared to DFW pricing. The money I'll save will go a long way towards a nice set of wheels for the S.

DFW Model S buyers,

Small favor to ask: we need just ONE more MS buyer to sign up on our Group Buy for Paint Protection Film (PPF) and we'll be able to secure the next "step" discount on PPF jobs for all of us in the Group Buy. Please PM DayTrippin (see posts above) for details, but since we're this close to getting a great deal, I want to get the word out.

FYI: PPF is really important on the new Model S as the rear doors and fenders are significantly flared, which means lots of highly visible rock chips if not protected with PPF. While Tesla does provide a tiny little section of PPF on the rear fender, it's far from adequate given the amount of body flare and paint "skin" area there.

The discount could end up being 4-figures from a well-known brand of PPF from a very highly-ranked local installer. (It's all about volume to get a great deal.)

Thanks!

p.s. BTW, no special "deal" for DayTrippin or me--we're in for the same as everyone else.