Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And a very short time in automobiles. The next youngest car company is Lamborghini (51 years old). The next youngest US car company is Chrysler (89 years old). While Tesla has brought more technology to automobiles and their manufacture, it is still a car company having to meet regulatory and safety requirements (people can die!) that technology companies would find hard to fathom.

That's right. Tesla is looking to be the first successful new car company in 50 years, and those decades are littered with failures. There have been many failures because automobile manufacturing is an extremely difficult sector to break into, like building rockets...oh wait, Musk has done that too. Who does he think he is, Iron Man?

Though I'm not sure about the people ordering today getting their cars in Dec... reading through the posts, with the variety of info the DSs have provided people, there seems to be are a large number of cars sitting, completed, at the factory.

Someone did comment earlier that there were rows of completed Ds they saw during their factory tour.

So if those cars were all transported out within the next 10 days, then I can realistically see all of us getting our cars this month.

Who knows, time will tell!

In all seriousness though, it'd be a nice favor if Osama and wk could chill.

Whoa whoa... I'm chill... didn't you see my post this morning? :D

So, I hopped in my P85 this morning and did a 0 to 120 MPH run... and all is forgiven for now. :biggrin:

Going to suggest that some others who are irritated do the same... or come to me and you can take a spin with me. :p

I am legitimately thinking that a December delivery for an order placed today would be very unlikely. I'm also legitimately a bit bummed about the latest push back on my delivery date with no new date as of yet either, also.

Aside from that, I'm pretty chill.

At this point I'm they're just going to work around my schedule. I'm not making plans around their dates (or lack thereof) anymore. When the car is there in Devon let me know about it, and I'll make my way over there when I can make the time to do so. Until that happens, or we pass into 2015 and I cancel the order, I just don't care anymore.

Talked to my DS today after an email ping for status. He assured me that there was a lot of additional testing being done on these cars and that my car would be among the first to be delivered. We did discuss that I'm running out of time before I leave town for the year on 12/22. Let's see...

Let's look at this objectively. Advertising on the Canadian site that if ordered today to expect December delivery is either they don't update the site or downright bait. Some of us who ordered two months ago are still in the queue.
It is commendable that any problems are being addressed at the source but the lack of any communication is currently leaving a bad taste in my mouth as the paying customer. This is not a trivial purchase from Walmart.

For Canada, is there anything similar to the $7500 credit we have in the states? If not, I'd much prefer they prioritize US orders over Canada since it wouldn't adversely affect a Canadian buyer financially if they shipped in January, but it would a US buyer.

Vin 64774

"In Production

The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"

As scheduled by my DS, the car entered in production this morning.
Delivery still scheduled for dec 20th... hope this will not change.

Now, I know that VIN order doesn't count but my 74718 still shows "in the queue."

And what kills me is that Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry (quoted in the article) is using this forum to downgrade the stock. Normally, I would think that an analyst has some type of inside connection but (at IMHO) in this case I think he has someone reading this forum!

For Canada, is there anything similar to the $7500 credit we have in the states? If not, I'd much prefer they prioritize US orders over Canada since it wouldn't adversely affect a Canadian buyer financially if they shipped in January, but it would a US buyer.

Credit varies by Province. In Ontario we currently have a CAD$ 8,500.- credit which is applied for at time of purchase.

I'm going to try and bring this thread back to home base. Recap of the last 300 posts. Tesla misses first deliveries by a couple weeks. EPA range is lower than expected, but nobody knows what that really means. Some are okay with letting these issues play out and let the chips fall where they may. Some are very pissed. And some people should have bought a plane. We get it.

Back to the original thread. Deliveries. If anybody that has any actual information on their delivery id like to hear it. Any ranting about whether or not we should all storm the castle...hopefully we can divert that somewhere else please?

Im a first time buyer of a tesla and I'd really like to hear about the progress of your current orders, hopefully updates from a Tesla rep vs speculation. My p85d was put into production today. That's all I've got.

Back to the original thread. Deliveries. If anybody that has any actual information on their delivery id like to hear it. Any ranting about whether or not we should all storm the castle...hopefully we can divert that somewhere else please?

Hear, hear! I'd like to vote that new posts made in this thread are of an informational nature (e.g. updates from your DS or Tesla HQ, website updates, etc.) versus rants/complaints/venting. Anyone else with me?

I was contacted by my DS today. He set up an appointment for a final inspection for my Lexus trade-in. My 30 day window of financing closes December 16th, and he said shouldn't need to extend it, car should be ready. Signed electronic paperwork for the trade-in. My car entered production last Friday.

Okay, folks. The purpose of this thread is to track progress on deliveries (as many of you have rightfully noted).

I have moved a number of posts (and no doubt, a number more) to Osama Is Not Happy He Wants You to Know . Cutting posts out of an existing thread is an imperfect art, so you'll see remnants here and there. Apologies to innocent bystanders. Please carry on.

- Moderator.

Last edited:
Okay, folks. The purpose of this thread is to track progress on deliveries (as many of you have rightfully noted). I have moved a number of posts (and no doubt, a number more) to Osama Is Not Happy He Wants You to Know . Cutting posts out of an existing thread is an imperfect art, so you'll see remnants here and there. Apologies to innocent bystanders. Please carry on. - Moderator.
bless you.

That's nice... however I'm paying at LEAST $7,500 more (mine comes out to $152,000+ Canadian) so prioritizing the US cars because you want your credit this year doesn't get any sympathy from me.

That's nice... however I'm paying at LEAST $7,500 more (mine comes out to $152,000+ Canadian) so prioritizing the US cars because you want your credit this year doesn't get any sympathy from me.

But yours is somewhat immediate, isn't it? If my delivery lapses into January my 2015 tax situation a) won't let me claim the credit until Q1 2016, and b) I won't be able to claim the full credit possibly due to a change in my tax situation.

So if a Canadian buyer can still get the same credit regardless on January 1 or later, and delaying a Canadian buyer's car lets me get my car early enough to claim the credit for 2014... well, that's what they better be doing.