Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As for Orange, TX I didn't see that Lake Charles had already been found. I kept looking at electrical permits in Orange, but Lake Charles works fine.

Columbus to Lake Charles is 214 miles (according to Google Maps). Too much for a 60. Eventually there needs to be a Supercharger in between, probably on the east side of Houston. Someone in the Lake Charles thread mentioned Winnie, which looks about right to me. That would also be helpful for Houston-based birdwatchers taking the long way home from Anahuac NWR.

TBH, there might have been some fertilizer laid down nearby that has urea. That would cause that smell.
Yeah. I was there again yesterday during the day and it still had the smell. the area is kind of scrubby, so it's not even maintained, as far as I can tell. Unfortunately, there are also a lot of fast food wrappers strewn through the bushes and grass that I didn't notice at night.

Winnie, TX would be a better fit than Orange.
I am watching for permits in Baytown.

A little bird told me this is the mid-way location TM is working on, as Beaumont was just too distant from Columbus.

Public Information Request filed in Baytown, they have until 10/28 to answer. I just requested the (construction site) address listed on any permit for Tesla Motors...

Will post any answer here for y'all.

Rick

A little bird told me this is the mid-way location TM is working on, as Beaumont was just too distant from Columbus.

Public Information Request filed in Baytown, they have until 10/28 to answer. I just requested the (construction site) address listed on any permit for Tesla Motors...

Rick

I hope that you are correct.

The Baytown San Jacinto Mall, 16900 Garth Rd, Baytown, TX, is a very nice location right off of I-10, 90 miles to Huntsville, 96 miles to Columbus, and 119 miles to Lake Charles.

Columbus to Lake Charles to Huntsville via Baytown - Google Maps

Made another trip with some statistics (went to see Orion in Cape Canaveral - hit Houston and then road tripped in my brother's car)

Huntsville to Corsicana (113 published distance); I had 175 range when I left Huntsville, traveled an average of 74 mph (max 91) consuming 409 wh/mi. arrived with 13 on range. No wind. No rain. 19" 85kW pack. No traffic stops. I have 42,800 miles on my golf cart.

Having traveled this many times before, I would suggest 170 range when traveling between Huntsville and Corsicana if you want to drive normal/fun.

(my two cents)

... I have done this with 160 before, but I find myself backing off to about 65 mph fifteen minutes out of Corsicana and arriving close to zero. Keeps the blood circulating, but that's its only redeeming quality.

Just updated the DFW Super Charger map. Thanks for finding permits folks! I added restaurants, exits, and info on each location. Still waiting on final locations of New Orleans, San Antonio, and OK City Service Centers...

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zQTgQAGMoGt0.k1-lhwwon2qA
DFWSuperChargers.jpg

Rick
I emailed the supercharger team about our disappointment that a supercharger east of Houston wasn't included on the new 2015 map, and this was needed to access the string of superchargers being built from Lake Charles eastward on I-10. They replied with their canned response about how locations are picked by using precise energy modeling, etc. Frustrating.

Check out this thread for leaked new maps including 2016: Supercharger growth - Page 14

There are massive changes in Texas:

Routes to Little Rock & Atlanta! (Superchargers in Sulphur Springs, Tyler, Shreveport & Texarkana -- guesses of course)
Supercharger routes to Corpus Cristi & beyond to Harlingen! (Three Rivers, Victoria -- also guesses)
Dallas to Amarillo gone (Supercharger in Wichita Falls removed)
Gap in the I-10 route, making travel to El Paso impossible (Supercharger in Van Horn removed)
Still no Supercharger in Baytown, but now one just west of Houston.
Oklahoma City still waits for I-40 completion.

It also looks like they are screwing up the Denton to Amarillo route as well. Trying to get from Dallas to Shamrock looks to add hundreds of miles if you want to go all SCs. The only way to get there is with an 85 and an hour or two stop in Vernon, Quanah, or Childress RV parks for two hours or so. Maybe the 85D can get there as it's 267 miles between them. There used to be one or two along 287, but they aren't on the map for even 2016. Maybe one will pop up again.

1000th post! W00t!

Last edited: