Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It also looks like they are screwing up the Denton to Amarillo route as well. Trying to get from Dallas to Shamrock looks to add hundreds of miles if you want to go all SCs. The only way to get there is with an 85 and an hour or two stop in Vernon, Quanah, or Childress RV parks for two hours or so. Maybe the 85D can get there as it's 267 miles between them. There used to be one or two along 287, but they aren't on the map for even 2016. Maybe one will pop up again.

1000th post! W00t!

Yes, I believe the dots were Childress and Wichita Falls to cover the diagonal from DFW to Amarillo. They used to be on the 2015 map, now they are gone from both 2015 and 2016. Curious that they added several sites to South Texas but completely wiped out West Texas in 2015. Texans wanting to drive from anywhere in the triangle to the western US will now have to go up I35 to OKC and then head west on I40.

Hopefully this will be rectified in 2017.

Yes, I believe the dots were Childress and Wichita Falls to cover the diagonal from DFW to Amarillo. They used to be on the 2015 map, now they are gone from both 2015 and 2016. Curious that they added several sites to South Texas but completely wiped out West Texas in 2015. Texans wanting to drive from anywhere in the triangle to the western US will now have to go up I35 to OKC and then head west on I40.

Hopefully this will be rectified in 2017.
At least you can get there. I'm happy to trade that diagonal for the supercharger route to South Padre Island.

Played with map overlay, here's a lo-res sneak of how some of those Southerly sites look:
MarchSouth2015_1.jpg

Attachments

• MarchSouth2015.jpg
    MarchSouth2015.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 463
If you are heading to the Huntsville SC any time soon, be advised, 4 out of 6 of them are "blocked off" with cones so you can't use them. Not sure what's going on but there's a forklift in the way too.

I arrived there about 8hrs ago to find it unoccupied, but soon, another Model S showed up and it was basically full for some time, while we charged.

(not adjacent chargers, fortunately - 2B and 2C are available I think)

Just an FYI

If you are heading to the Huntsville SC any time soon, be advised, 4 out of 6 of them are "blocked off" with cones so you can't use them. Not sure what's going on but there's a forklift in the way too.

I arrived there about 8hrs ago to find it unoccupied, but soon, another Model S showed up and it was basically full for some time, while we charged.

(not adjacent chargers, fortunately - 2B and 2C are available I think)

Just an FYI

Does it look like they are doing work on the SC or is some construction company using those spots as a parking area?

Three dedicated and one shared (60 Minute General Parking) spot taken by container/forklift and their cones. Not Supercharger-related work.

The 1A and 2A stalls are not blocked. Not a shared pair.
I will ask the hotel staff if they allow moving cones for charging purposes, replacing them after. [edit]Front desk did not feel comfortable giving a yes/no answer to the question.

The spots are blocked to allow maneuvering room in/out of the container apparently. They work "every day" per front desk.
926f516a898f8878eda918dd7fa6b9b4.jpg
9ae4511927ae24cee7e233b0d925de3a.jpg

[edited]Estimate as much as two more weeks of construction.
Dedicated spaces are blocked, so it is my duty to call Tesla.

Last edited:
The Tesla supercharger page now shows a "coming soon" in the Houston area. An earlier post from SW2Fiddler blew up the 2015 map and the one closest to Houston appeared to be southwest of the city on 59 near Rosenberg, but now the icon looks farther east to me, perhaps on I-10. Any ideas?

Also of interest to Texans, Slidell LA is no longer coming soon but is still on the 2015 map.

The Tesla supercharger page now shows a "coming soon" in the Houston area. An earlier post from SW2Fiddler blew up the 2015 map and the one closest to Houston appeared to be southwest of the city on 59 near Rosenberg, but now the icon looks farther east to me, perhaps on I-10. Any ideas?
I'll go on record saying that this Coming Soon find is definitely in addition to Rosenberg (that one is still on the 2015 map!), that it is on I-10 east of downtown, but west of the Baytown midpoint (of Columbus and Lake Charles), and it seems to be at the crux of I-10, Loop 610 East, and upper Ship Channel (aka Buffalo Bayou).
My first spitball dart lands on the north side of I-10 at Uvalde Road, easy on/off, by an IHOP, Panda Express, Taco Cabana (24-hour) and strip shopping anchored by an Office Depot. Much farther east or west is just too industrial.

Google Maps - Northshore East Shopping Center
Dropping the pin on the back side, along Topeka Street, where the power lines are :)

--Though... across the freeway, by Baytown Seafood, Sam's and Whataburger (24-hour), has power, parking and potential too.

Rick

Last edited:
Also of interest to Texans, Slidell LA is no longer coming soon but is still on the 2015 map.

I will speculate on what's going on with Slidell, LA. The location is a development that is still undergoing major construction. Phase II of the development is well underway and looks to double the current size. Therefore I'm betting the eventual supercharger location will be in the new section and this would be consistent with "not soon" but later this year.