Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger - Lake Charles, LA

Supercharger - Lake Charles, LA

I was notified:

Tesla has filed an permit application for their second supercharger site in Louisiana. The address is 1772 W. Prien Lake Rd., Lake Charles, LA 70601.

The City has not actually issued the application, but the permit is in the review process now, which will take anywhere from 1-14 days.

1772 W. Prien Lake Rd., Lake Charles, LA

Oh noes!!! The Texas Teslas will be able to break free soon! Watch out FL! The Texans are coming!!!

I kid of course - congratulations on being able to leave the island soon. If there are ever superchargers up and down I55, I will be able to get to Houston from STL to visit my mom; otherwise Tesla seems to think I only want to go to Chicago...
    Last edited by bluefuego; 2014-09-29 at 08:36 PM.
    Standard 85 | multi-coat red | black leather/obeche matte | active air | pano | tech
    Delivered 05/22/2013 | VIN 09580 (reso #14,193 - Nov '12)

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueShift View Post
    I was notified:

1772 W. Prien Lake Rd., Lake Charles, LA
    Great work!

The causeway is being built for the Texans to get off the island.
    Gather those Joules* for your Jewel!
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    *One MegaJoule is approximately one rated mile of energy, a wonderfully obscure coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    Great work!

The causeway is being built for the Texans to get off the island.
    Lake Charles and Baton Rouge are in permit state, but it will be a TX-LA island until the connection continues eastbound to Florida. Then it will be the shape of a peninsula, longer than the Florida peninsula.
    60 kWh | Green | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | Tech Package | Pano Roof | Supercharging | Parcel Shelf

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasEV View Post
    Lake Charles and Baton Rouge are in permit state, but it will be a TX-LA island until the connection continues eastbound to Florida. Then it will be the shape of a peninsula, longer than the Florida peninsula.
    Oh, I understand!

We will need Slidell, LA, Mobile, AL, and Tallahassee, FL before the causeway is complete, but the route is starting to come into view.
    Gather those Joules* for your Jewel!
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    *One MegaJoule is approximately one rated mile of energy, a wonderfully obscure coincidence.

With Lake Charles, Baton Rouge and DeFuniak in place I would travel to Dallas from Sarasota. I think with conservative driving I could nurse my 85 to DeFuniak from Lake City (223 miles). Stay overnight at an Rv Campground near Mobile and do Superchargers the rest of the way. Floridians in Texas, Oh No!
    Currently Leasing: 2012 Leaf SL, Cayenne Red , 12,500 miles
    Model S 85, Blue, Grey Leather, Tech , Parking Sensors, VIN 38456, Delivery 5/15/14
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    Oh, I understand!

We will need Slidell, LA, Mobile, AL, and Tallahassee, FL before the causeway is complete, but the route is starting to come into view.
    There will need to be a location between Lake Charles and Houston, I think. Traveling from Houston, Lake Charles is fine, but on I-10 from the west, it is 215 miles from Columbus to LC...

Quote Originally Posted by jrreno View Post
    I think with conservative driving I could nurse my 85 to DeFuniak from Lake City (223 miles). Stay overnight at an Rv Campground near Mobile and do Superchargers the rest of the way. Floridians in Texas, Oh No!
    Ever tried to drive I-10 below the speed limit? Not recommended!

And Floridians are welcome in Texas. They go home when they are done...

Before the Tampa Supercharger and Level 2 charging at Epcot I made the 240 mile round trip to Disney on a single range charge with 20 miles left on return. Driving 65 mph ( 70 mph limit), even with all the idiot drivers we have in Florida it wasn't too bad. Most of the big rigs are going about the same speed.
    Currently Leasing: 2012 Leaf SL, Cayenne Red , 12,500 miles
    Model S 85, Blue, Grey Leather, Tech , Parking Sensors, VIN 38456, Delivery 5/15/14
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS

Quote Originally Posted by BerTX View Post
    There will need to be a location between Lake Charles and Houston, I think. Traveling from Houston, Lake Charles is fine, but on I-10 from the west, it is 215 miles from Columbus to LC...
    In the interim, I made that trip with no problems (Lake Charles to the Columbus SuperCharger and back) fine doing 65-70 MPH in my 85 this summer. Even with afternoon thunderstorms and heavy traffic in Houston I had a comfortable margin of 27-42 miles range remaining when I arrived at each location. You can always get a few miles on the HPWC at the Houston Galleria (Tesla Showroom location 24 hour access) or the Houston Service Center HPWC (Business hours) if you need it.

Agree that eventually they will need another Supercharger somewhere between Columbus and Lake Charles.

Mike
    2013 Model S P85+ (VIN 13226)
    2014 Model S P85D (VIN 64272)

Thread Information