Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drove Today. Bought Today. Confirmed Today. Watch Out Austin....P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That escalated quickly :smile: An all too common occurrence...

That's just too funny:). Congrats! I knew a P85+ was in your future all along. Air suspension makes for a nice ride.

Hehehe...waiting on Tesla to call me back. I JUST confirmed late this afternoon, so I hope they can change! I'd imagine adding more $$ won't be an issue :cool:

It's just money and that way I can REALLY sleep at night. Loaded makes me happy...

Not to be a pill here, but I believe the Performance Package does NOT include the 21" wheels (they are REQUIRED, but not included), thus, they're another $4,500 ON TOP OF the $6,500. I just built an MS on line at it does reflect the extra cost of $4,500.

Granted, the extra rear traction would be nice, but I'd consider sticking with the 21" wheels and just pocket the extra $6,500 as the staggered wheels sizes will be a pain in terms of tire wear/inability to rotate your tires. (But every P85 I've had is so traction limited that performance/acceleration is limited to, well, Corvette levels:)

Elon's reaching for Porsche levels of margin with the MS, and it shows . . . .

WHOA!!! I didn't know the $6500 included the 21". I'm on the phone right now with Tesla...want to change to P85++++++++!!! I'll add air as well of course.

Let's just load this bad boy up!

Tex,
and then there are those of us that bought before the P85+ package and had to sell our cars to get it (which was ok as I now have Red/Black).
Moral to the story, buy what you want and never ever look back.

Congrats! can not wait to hear from you when it shows up.

Zen moment here.....ahhhhhhhhh. Okay, now it's crystal clear, would be another $10K almost for Plus, so I'm sticking with original order and NOT looking back.

Austin can't talk pricing, so kinda hard to get answers.

Capture222_zpsca9aac08.png

Back to celebrating my boring P85...:smile:

Last edited:
Congratulations on finally making the move, from a fellow Austinite. I have yet to make the move (can't help watching my stock go up).

My intended combination of options is also about $104K. FYI I have it on good authority from another owner here in town that the parcel shelf makes the interior of the car quieter, so I'm into that!

Congratulations on finally making the move, from a fellow Austinite. I have yet to make the move (can't help watching my stock go up).

My intended combination of options is also about $104K. FYI I have it on good authority from another owner here in town that the parcel shelf makes the interior of the car quieter, so I'm into that!

I notice a big change when I have the parcel shelf open with my bicycle in the rear of the Model S. The noise difference is quite noticeable.

I was incorrect in a previous post. I went back and checked my order. I paid $3500 for the 21 in grey wheels. As others have posted they are required for the Plus. The air suspension was included with the Plus when I ordered. I didn't have an additional charge for the air suspension. The carbon fiber spoiler was also included. Sorry if I talked you into spending so much more money. Personally I would not have paid extra for the 21 in wheels without getting the Plus.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I would not have suggested the Plus if you hadn't been a Porsche owner. I don't want you to have regrets about handling and ride quality.

I had my Corvette for 10 years and was happy I could not rotate the tires. Being meticulous about maintenance, I would have rotated them if it had been possible. The front and rear wheel diameters were different.

Think P85 with 21" will be just fine. Not getting plus. If anything then maybe just downgrade to S85.

It will be better than just fine. It will be awesome! Be really careful with the wheels until you adjust to the width of the Model S!

I think the 21 in silver wheels look really good on the black model S. There is one configured that way in the parking garage of the building where I live.