Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Tesla Model S P85 Low Real World Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, so I recently purchased a 2013 Tesla Model S P85 with only 54k miles about 4 months ago. I've noticed that on a single charge (15%-85%) I only get about 110-120 miles of range before I'm back at 15% again. When charged to 85%, the dash shows 208 miles of range (rated) and while I understand that you won't get that exactly, I feel like 110 miles is a bit low. The car now has 59k miles on it, so I've been driving quite a bit. For reference, I live in Houston, Texas, so we don't have any hills and it's not cold here at all either. Currently, I average approximately 350 Wh/mi per charge and am at 360 Wh/mi since I purchased it 5k miles ago. Would appreciate some insight, thanks!

For reference I have a '15 P85D bought last April with 60K at the time. 70K now. @ 90% charge in Florida summer, I can travel about 120 miles on the highway avg speed 85mph and have about 10% left. Last month the car went into limp mode and needed the contactors replaced, just got it back yesterday.

Hey everyone, so I recently purchased a 2013 Tesla Model S P85 with only 54k miles about 4 months ago. I've noticed that on a single charge (15%-85%) I only get about 110-120 miles of range before I'm back at 15% again. When charged to 85%, the dash shows 208 miles of range (rated) and while I understand that you won't get that exactly, I feel like 110 miles is a bit low. The car now has 59k miles on it, so I've been driving quite a bit. For reference, I live in Houston, Texas, so we don't have any hills and it's not cold here at all either. Currently, I average approximately 350 Wh/mi per charge and am at 360 Wh/mi since I purchased it 5k miles ago. Would appreciate some insight, thanks!
Well the rated range is approx 290wh/mi for an 85D, so something is wrong. When I sold mine lifetime consumption was 270 something.

On four, 100 mile runs in Nebraska, no climate, winds or elevation change, I averaged exactly 3 miles per Kwh at 80 mph.

Most likely, the high consumption is driving style or climate.

@bigtxan13 You're 208 rated range at 85% SoC would be around 244 at 100%. Assuming you're on the original pack or even a remanufactured replacement, that would be normal degradation from the original 265 rated range.

However, I agree with @aerodyne and @buckets0fun that something else is amiss with your wh/mi and possible numerous other contributing factors. Let us know.

Reactions: dsm363
@ 90% SOC, I show 217 miles. My 115 mile trip was in 90 degree weather, three passengers, packed for two night lacrosse trip w/ multiple heavy accelerations. Generally I get about 2 miles per 1% in mixed driving, default insane mode and moderate aggressive style driving