Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLIVE Factory Tours - Signup & Confirmed Lists

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another spot can probably be freed up on the second tour Friday. To clarify:

12:00 tour Friday:
4. ggr + paw from San Diego, did the original factory ride event, were supposed to pick up from factory but delivery was delayed and we never got to do it. - Founder
5. ggr Guest

"paw" is my wife, Pat Wilson (founder too), and is the only person I'll be bringing with me.

Saturday 13:15:
26.Pat Wilson
Unless there are two Pat Wilsons coming, which I guess is possible, I think this one was added when she upgraded to Founder, and can be deleted.

Let me join in heartily thanking you for your work! We will also have the bottle of wine I owe you for ONVO with us.

Regrettably, "Ms. huntjo" will not be attending after all so please allow another wait lister to take her spot.
Also, though I did originally ask to be considered for Friday wait list, I got assigned to Sunday and then made my travel plans around that. So currently it looks like on you list I am on both Friday 230 and Sunday 10am. I will just take Sunday -I'm sure there's someone willing to take Friday. Sorry bout that, I probably forgot to update my waitlistyness when it was still a wikipost

See y'all soon!

Meeting Times for Tours - Does anyone know if we're to meet at the hotel or factory for the tours? Tour tour start times are posted, but I assume we need to meet ahead, either at hotel or factory, to drive over and sign waivers, etc. If anyone would illuminate, we'd appreciate it, and sorry if this info is somewhere I haven't noticed.

To the best of my knowledge, shuttles will not be provided.

When you arrive at the factory (45500 Fremont Blvd., Fremont, CA) proceed to the Visitor Lobby (enter through gate 5). There are guards at the gate who will direct you, but it's pretty obvious where you should go. The tours start at the times posted, so be there a few minutes early to check in.

Hi Bonnie

Where exactly is the final list. If I click on this it brings me to the top (or bottom depending on settings) of the whole thread, not the actual final list.

Huge hugs, DaveT. Yes ... just had two different family emergencies hit in two parts of the country. Home, kind of, as of last night ...

Updated lists are now posted, along with time. I have no doubt that I need to switch people from here to there. Let me know.

Lists here: TESLIVE Factory Tours - Signup Confirmed Lists

Welcome back Bonnie, hope you are doing ok.

When a link to final list is available, I'll be able to see if I'm on for one of the Friday tours or not. Ann D. an old friend who lives in SF is coming to TESLIVE with me. If an extra spot opens up that is not spoken for, she would enjoy doing the tour. Not likely given the waiting list, but can't hurt to ask. Thanks!

Would anybody on the Fri 2:30pm tour be available to pick my wife and I up at the airport on Friday on your way to the factory?

We arrive at SJC on Friday around 1pm but could wait around a bit and be picked up at 1:30 or so, so we could arrive at factory around 2:00 for the 2:30 tour.

Please let me know via PM.

Last edited:
Should everyone at the posted times meet an hour early in the hotel lobby? That way people can hitch rides with those that have cars or share cabs.
6.1 miles from the hotel to the factory. Hopefully that's as short as it sounds.

An hour early to mill about for 15 minutes and then head out sounds like a good plan.

Tentatively, I'll hang out at from 11-11:15a for the noon tour. Francis (#16 from my tour group) will be in one of the seats, but the rest should be available. I'll probably be the guy with the sunburn.

All -

I'm on the 12 noon tour on Friday and also would love a lift to the factory if anyone going has room.... Let me know!

Thanks!

Aaron

I'm assuming that milling around in the lobby will probably work, or maybe a signup sheet. I'm picking up my wife from San Jose at about 11, so I am not sure if we'll go back to the hotel first, but will if we can.

Please all be aware that air traffic into SFO (and secondarily into SJC and OAK) is still crippled by the recent crash @ SFO. Runway still off line, major delays/cancellations. Check/recheck with your airline early & often. Get text alerts on your smartphone. Do not be surprised if you have gate holds before takeoff.

Yikes, good to know, thanks for the info.

Please all be aware that air traffic into SFO (and secondarily into SJC and OAK) is still crippled by the recent crash @ SFO. Runway still off line, major delays/cancellations. Check/recheck with your airline early & often. Get text alerts on your smartphone. Do not be surprised if you have gate holds before takeoff.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaron and others - Since cattlepup and I have decided to spend Thursday night in the big city, we have gone old school and rented a gas car. So if you don't mind slumming it, we'll swing by the hotel as we drive down the peninsula and are happy to pick up at least two if not three (not sure what size car I'm getting). We'll aim to be at the lobby by about 11:00 and I guess shove off to the factory about 11:30 or so.

Yikes, good to know, thanks for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaron and others - Since cattlepup and I have decided to spend Thursday night in the big city, we have gone old school and rented a gas car. So if you don't mind slumming it, we'll swing by the hotel as we drive down the peninsula and are happy to pick up at least two if not three (not sure what size car I'm getting). We'll aim to be at the lobby by about 11:00 and I guess shove off to the factory about 11:30 or so.

Thanks Cattledog!

Aaron

Just happened to me, got hit with a two-hour delay (from Ft. Lauderdale) into SFO, apparently they're still pretty backed up at SFO.

Joy indeed. I was told by TESLIVE attendees from Chicago who flew in yesterday that they sat at the gate at ORD for an hour.
Then again, an hour is all in a days flying for frequent fliers?
I can wait to see the delays today. Hopefully on the ground.
Then again, it's better than being told, mid Atlantic, ... "ladies and gentlemen, Captain Scott here, we're going to be arriving in England 3 hours early. And, if you've ever wanted a great view, now's your time. We'll be circling over the beacon at Ockham for 2 1/2 of those, so you can see first hand British drizzle. Keep your window closed. Please! Till the plane reaches the gate."
And, of course, to the passengers of the ill fated flight ... you'll be in all our thoughts on landing.
One can never get enough of San Francisco bay!