Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They plan on pushing this down to 1500 today. I don't know why but it appears to be the plan. I have cash standing buy.

It's still broadly following the index, however I think someone jumped on this dip to hammer it down just that little bit more.

Standard tactic of shorty & co.

Edit: see it drops like crazy, but bounces harder too, so mostly just $TSLA being $TSLA, I think

upload_2020-7-22_17-6-18.png

Last edited:
It's unearned. They are not specifically buying Tesla because of anything Tesla is doing. Rather they are simply saving for retirement. Tesla is becoming a generic stock, held by many for no better reason than it is included in a major index.
It doesn't matter why they buy and hold, only that the buy and hold.

Ok good point, I'm leaning more towards your interpretation.

To be fair, Boring's other projects will likely have purpose built vehicles. Boring has submitted proposals for other tunnel systems which would require 12 or 16 person pods (presumably built by Tesla). But AFAIK Boring hasn't won any of these contracts yet. Again AFAIK, The Vegas convention center loop is the only contracted project so far. Note there is negotiation underway to extend this loop to the airport and the entire strip - at that point, luggage comes into play, etc.

I gotta say, picking between all of Elon's companies to invest in, Boring would be a very attractive investment indeed.

Edit: Just to give you perspective. Boring won this three person station contract with a $55M bid. A giant German company known for ski lifts among many other things, put in a bid for $500M. That's what you call disruption.

Old neural network architecture is labelling one frame(2D) from a single camera and to train a neural network on the last two frames(2.5D(2D(x,y)+0.5D(~time))) to predictict where objects are in the image(2D) then do some neural network magic to get it into bird eye view(~2.5D).

New neural network architecture will take a video feed, generate a point cloud of all the static objects(3D) and of the moving objects(4D) and train a neural network to predict where static objects are(3D) and dynamic objects will be(4D) based on the current image frames and recurrent information from the neural network at previous timestep.

I think he is referring to how the neural network internally will be representing the information. If it needs to think in 4D it will start to think in 4D. In order to predict where a moving car will be in 4D space, which is needed in order to predict the depth of the next frame for example, the neural network will find an internal representation in vector form for this. See this video at 22:47
Here is a video about a similar technique:
Old neural network architecture is labelling one frame(2D) from a single camera and to train a neural network on the last two frames(2.5D(2D(x,y)+0.5D(~time))) to predictict where objects are in the image(2D) then do some neural network magic to get it into bird eye view(~2.5D).

New neural network architecture will take a video feed, generate a point cloud of all the static objects(3D) and of the moving objects(4D) and train a neural network to predict where static objects are(3D) and dynamic objects will be(4D) based on the current image frames and recurrent information from the neural network at previous timestep.

I think he is referring to how the neural network internally will be representing the information. If it needs to think in 4D it will start to think in 4D. In order to predict where a moving car will be in 4D space, which is needed in order to predict the depth of the next frame for example, the neural network will find an internal representation in vector form for this. See this video at 22:47
Here is a video about a similar technique:
OK?
When the guy in Northhampton UK gave me a good understanding of this technical geek stuff I could handle it..."Some Bloke in a Pub wearing tweed in the Summer with a border collie at his feet musing over The Financial Times while the snaggle-toothed waitress slides a beef and kidney pie to 'im."

But YOU!!!
Come on!! this is too much...
"So now some Vikinged-out norseman with Swedish fur-lined bikini models laying on craggy rocks at his feet, gazing out over a mirror-finished fjord, while sipping Vodka and looking at the Sun's reflection at friggin midnight is explaining to me how "the neural network internally will be representing the information"...
The internet and Tesla is really making the world a small place.

I found that part interesting. Why would they operate multiple types of vehicles? The only answer I have is that they believe they are truly production constrained, which would explain the lack of the Y in there which would be a better choice overall. I'm guessing they plan to just fill in the fleet whenever they have excess inventory of 3s, Xs, S etc.

1. Agree with you on using a mix of what's available/surplus.
  2. Form of selling the various products via test drives "We tried the X last trip but we're more likely to buy the ... let's ride that one next time". Especially to people who would otherwise NEVER get exposure.
  3. Autonomous data / FSD / different placement of cameras checking
  4. Recycle leased vehicles when returned?
  5. SEXY + Cyber and Roadster! Introduce each model - squeeze a Semi down there?
  6. Kids are intro different models. So are adults... I was really surprised to see at a Tesla 'Shop' in Milton Keynes Intu that most of the interest / selfies were from first-generation Indian families / groups of friends and were for Model S (not sure there was an X there). This was just after Model 3 release and I was expecting loads to be looking at the 3. I was there for a while asking questions about delivery etc and saw quite a lot of activity along this theme. Other visits were similar. I never considered the S myself. Too big for my uses and for many roads in UK (in my opinion/preference).
I think, in conclusion there are lots of reasons to mix up the vehicles. Another innovative decision that other companies wouldn't even have considered.

Watching the SP go down (sure just a tiny bit..but still) is funny. Right before the biggest potential catalyst if a long time.
I mean who would be selling?!:eek::confused:

I think it's the same couple of thousand shares bouncing back and forth between some feuding algobots on rival servers...

@Curt Renz

Reddit user __TSLA__, whom I believe is @Fact Checking , would like more context about your recent quote from Todd Rosenbluth.

It's not entirely clear from the quote whether Todd is suggesting that index funds usually get a ~7 days notice ahead of inclusion separate from the official public announcement, or whether he is referring to the public announcement itself.

I think it's pretty clear that this is not the type of thing in which index funds would be granted an inside scoop. It has to be released to all investors simultaneously. Index funds are simply investors.