Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not $1600, it's the Golden Ratio $1618.03399.

Next resistance is "e", $2718.28

Soon after is pi, $3141.59.

Once these mathematical ratios are all broken then we are in for a ride. I'm not even sure what the next key number is.

Let me check my manual... Oh here it is:

Why, Why do you forget the "& Beyond"

Edit: Unpilot beat me by 2 minutes, that is the problem with not following the conversation each and every second.

I’ve always believed Tesla should advertise — not to drive sales — but rather to advance the Master Plan.

Elon Musk gives nod to Tesla ads that support 'high quality' media

Interesting kinda-quote:
Elon Musk noted that eventually, Tesla should probably do some advertising to support “high quality media.”

It was always just a matter of time before Tesla started paid advertising. They've been dipping their toes in the water through product placements and other 'soft' advertising. And don't forget that many of their stores are mostly there just for the mindshare they create.

Anyways, Tesla will start advertising when their production capacity exceeds organic demand. And I believe we are approaching that point with all the factory activity going on...

Fixed route, with no traffic , i.e controlled environment. So this is different from Requirements for real world FSD. cheers!!
(+ is this use case, it more comparable to a Subway system, rather than roads?)

There will most definitely be traffic. As I said the stations are uncontrolled. I believe two of the stations are above ground in parking lots. Don't short shrift what Tesla/Boring will be accomplishing here.

Reactions: EinSV
Just checking on some of my favorite expressions...

Bated breath is a phrase that means to hold one's breath due to suspense, trepidation or fear. Bated breath is a phrase first mentioned in Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice. The word bated is an abbreviation of the word abated, meaning to lessen in severity or amount.

On the other hand, baited breath is a breath that smells like anchovies.

Not sure how many of you have noticed, but IV today is actually lower than it has been since July 10th. Note that July 13th was the day when TSLA peaked intraday at $1794. Today is the first day that I've seen the IV lower than 100 since July 9th:

upload_2020-7-22_7-35-20.png

While it's correct that Tesla doesn't need inclusion to continue the mission, every share held by an index fund is one less floating share to short, so it's good for investors because the index funds won't sell their shares. Investors are best served by the stock being valued due to company fundamentals. (Speculators, MM, and hedge funds are best served by churn.)

I believe that index funds lend the shares out all the time. Does anyone know if this belief is correct or a bunch of caca?

I found that part interesting. Why would they operate multiple types of vehicles? The only answer I have is that they believe they are truly production constrained, which would explain the lack of the Y in there which would be a better choice overall. I'm guessing they plan to just fill in the fleet whenever they have excess inventory of 3s, Xs, S etc.

Perhaps it can be viewed as a marketing tool......exposing people to a variety to let each person see what they can swing back at home.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but y'all realize that in about six months Tesla will be running a fully autonomous fleet of driverless cars? For the Boring company's Las Vegas convention center loop, Boring will be using a mix of driverless Tesla Model 3, X and S. Fixed route and all, but still not a trivial problem since loading and unloading areas are uncontrolled.
Elon tweeted this render yesterday: (I presume this is the layout planned 4 Vegas)

EdgmFAKVcAAhRd_

Cheers!

I found that part interesting. Why would they operate multiple types of vehicles? The only answer I have is that they believe they are truly production constrained, which would explain the lack of the Y in there which would be a better choice overall. I'm guessing they plan to just fill in the fleet whenever they have excess inventory of 3s, Xs, S etc.

Nah, the whole point is marketing. Think about it, you are giving the entire CES audience a test drive in Tesla vehicles. And demoing Autopilot at the same time. Genius really. In fact, Boring could very well be getting these vehicles legit for free from Tesla. All depends on how Elon's accountants want to spin it :)

Nah, the whole point is marketing. Think about it, you are giving the entire CES audience a test drive in Tesla vehicles. And demoing Autopilot at the same time. Genius really. In fact, Boring could very well be getting these vehicles legit for free from Tesla. All depends on how Elon's accountants want to spin it :)
Maybe, but that doesn't sound like Elon. It would be far more efficient all around to pick 1 specific type of vehicle rather than deal with routing passengers through several configurations. "Oh, your party has 4 people but lots of luggage? Ok, we have to move you to that Model X. Whoops, we just put 2 people into that X with no luggage." But of course your point is valid in that it shows off multiple models.

I suppose it may depend on how they are setting the whole thing up.

Reactions: Todesbuckler
Maybe, but that doesn't sound like Elon. It would be far more efficient all around to pick 1 specific type of vehicle rather than deal with routing passengers through several configurations. "Oh, your party has 4 people but lots of luggage? Ok, we have to move you to that Model X. Whoops, we just put 2 people into that X with no luggage."

I suppose it may depend on how they are setting the whole thing up.

This is a convention center loop. Three stops at different convention center buildings. No luggage.