Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
okay fine
i give up - my very last post ever
you guys win
i am leaving TMC fpr good- forever
i just made $5 million in less than an hour
i guarantee i will be richer than all of you combined within 5 years
goodbye!
$tsla
Don't let the door hit you.

Acting like a complete jerk and poser while contributing nil to discussion or knowledge here makes your decision a win win.

Congrats!

okay fine
you guys win
goodbye!
$tsla
Must. Knot. Meme. ARRGH!

b6459864891f93e201eb300894a66548.jpg

Ugh. They got me.

Booyah! :D

P.S. 11m shares of TSLA traded in the first hour.

okay fine
you guys win
goodbye!
$tsla

Bad Monday to see another TMC contributor leave due to drama in this thread.

The graveyard increases.

I know, right?

My Model S is down to just under 250 miles max range, and it's still great... how times have changed.

(incidentally, I do think the minimums of 300 is an excellent move... as ideal range is compromised in may driving conditions)
I keep seeing this Americo-centric "300 mile number."
Remember it is the BIG picture Tesla is focused on, so Kilometers...and "500" has a psychological dimension to it. That is the number for Marketing.

>> How many 6-10% up days will it take to admit TSLA has gotten quite frothy?

You tell us.
Fundamentals: share price is not a measure of a company performance, share price is a measure of public's sentiment of company performance.
Sentiments tend to be hard to change, but when they do change, they tend to change radically.
How high the tide will rise once the dam is broken is anybodies guess and only time will show.
Any preaching on true value, bubble etc has no grounds and only adds gasoline to the fire.

Market turned from adamant blind, stupid pessimist into discovery mode.
I will not try to guess what new grounds it will find, I play dead investor...

I believe TSLA rose 6% the day prior to Elon’s “all out” Semi comment and then another 7% the day of. Since, the “announcement” provided no concrete details, I thought the reaction was obviously overdone.

IMO, TSLA’s frothiness began that week, in the $950-1050 range.

Talking about a bubble adds fuel to the fire? As in causes the SP to rise to further? I don’t follow. Entertaining the idea of a bubble in any market should slow the acceleration of the climb by tempering the bullishness. I think that’d be a good thing here - some consolidation would form a base upon which to work off of. Otherwise, a pullback could be a pretty extreme reversal.

As for being a dead investor, I never advocated anyone selling...

Reactions: CarlS
okay fine
you guys win
goodbye!
$tsla
If you need to define yourself as winning at life by how rich you became through your investment decisions, that’s your choice. Don’t get mad that not everyone else defines you the same though.

Also, I know a few people who are guaranteed to be much wealthier than you. One of them actually helped me (indirectly) to grow my wealth, and did the same for you. That one guy never brags about his wealth or chooses to define himself through his ability to accumulate money (in fact, he repeatedly stated he hates being described as a billionaire), and yet is admired by millions of people. Crazy, I know…

okay fine
you guys win
goodbye!
$tsla

---

Mod: I'll give you a hand with that, I think most of us are tired of the chest-thumping and bullying.

Trend, the path you’re on, you’ll just be uglier than all of us combined within a lot less than 5 years. I hope you find humility.

okay fine
you guys win
goodbye!
$tsla

I'm sure you really are everything you claim to be, and well done!

But... just so you know, this sort of post does tend to make you sound like a broke 14 year old fantasist writing nonsense from your parents basement. :p

I keep seeing this Americo-centric "300 mile number."
Remember it is the BIG picture Tesla is focused on, so Kilometers...and "500" has a psychological dimension to it. That is the number for Marketing.
Amsterdam to Berlin is 650 km. That's 7 hrs and 1 Supercharging stop in a 3SR+ with 400km (250mi) range. Even in the Winter.

You really gonna do it faster without stopping? 500km rge is not a magic number.

Yes, it was some call volume at $2,500 as I recall... last week. TMC said it was crazy or someone knew something.
Now we all know something. Not crazy. Neighbor's a banker and can't understand. His wife is a paralegal for Ford. I'm wondering for how long.

I think these are simply trading options by students of @Papafox . They buy the highest leverage options at the end of Friday, and then sell them sometime during Monday's run up.

Open interest at the start of today was 5.2k, and volume of these options today is currently over 20k.

Note to self: Be strong and HODL
Just because price shooting up, is not a reason to Sell.

And let's not forget tax considerations. The US tax is usually much lower, if gains are realized after at least a year. But even then, the rate is significantly raised when the realized gain is above $400,000.

Remember if you don't sell your shares, your "on paper" gains are not taxed. :cool:

I really can't consider selling any more TSLA shares in 2020. The tax might be enough to fund the Pentagon for a year. :eek:

Last edited:
okay fine
you guys win
goodbye!
$tsla

---

Mod: I'll give you a hand with that, I think almost everyone is fed up with the chest-thumping and bullying.

Don’t threaten me with paradise.