Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a spring that's been artificially held down for the last 5 years.

HOWEVER - there will be dips in the coming days/weeks that will make this forum take a wild turn towards the negative.

I highly encourage everyone to develop a strategy (if they haven't already) and stick to it.

Mine is to sell ~30% of my holdings if it hits $4k by the end of July. If it doesn't do that, I will be selling 10% of my profits at the end of the month to lock in some gains and selling 10% of what's remaining at each step in the following increments:

$4k
$6k
$10k
$15k
$20k
Think everyone here has a plan similar because this move is not organic. It's a one time S&P play. Kind of lame because it will be forcing me out of Tesla early while taking the tax burden. If sp is stuck under 2k then I wouldn't do a thing, but if the sp is 3.5k+ after S&P announcement then it's almost stupid to not sell it to index funds.

Hey if FSD rewrite comes out prior to this then maybe I wouldn't do anything at even 5k, but I doubt it.

Completely agree. I think there are three barriers to the robotaxi model ARK (et al) have:
1) technical - can they make it work
2) regulatory - if they can make it work, how long before it is legal?
3) societal - if they can make it work, and it is legal, how long before people feel comfortable in a robotaxi with no driver?

Tesla can solve the first problem, but the other 2 are largely beyond their control.
I think #3 isn't so very difficult. Remember, elevators used to have operators but when automatic elevators appeared it didn't take people very long to adapt to them.

It's more to manage my CC positions.
But traded 100 shares, and bought Jun 22 2500 calls (4)
I don't have the nerve, Best wishes! (I'd say luck but not really).
My shares are doing just fine on their own. I would pay for the certificates if we could have them.
Doing nothing is how I help raise the stock price - I have no exit strategy or mark.

The difference of opinion I have with Ark (and most TSLA bulls) is they underestimate the potential of TSLA without autonomy and overestimate the likelihood of autonomy happening.
I think today’s price is pretty fair given where the company is now. But imo what most analysts seem to be missing is the driving force behind Tesla’s rise over the last decade. Their secret sauce. That which made their acceleration possible. Which is that Elon has a long term vision and is often right in his thinking. That the company has attracted hard working top talent, top talent that develop faster than competition. That Tesla Is vertically integrating more and more and finally will be printing money and be able to vertically integrate even faster.

And when all these things come together, that is when the real magic will happen. When Robotaxi money is paying for groceries using Tesla Pay lead by the Apple Pay guy, when self flying drone taxis are filling up the skies in 3D using their 500Wh/kg batteries, when project Dojo is used to build the Dreadnaught, when Tesla hvac solar roofs include starlink receiver. That is when we will see the real magic!

Last edited:
okay fine
i give up - my very last post ever
you guys win
i am leaving TMC fpr good- forever
i just made $5 million in less than an hour
i guarantee i will be richer than all of you combined within 5 years
goodbye!
$tsla

---

Mod: I'll give you a hand with that, I think almost everyone is fed up with the chest-thumping and bullying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, right?

My Model S is down to just under 250 miles max range, and it's still great... how times have changed.

(incidentally, I do think the minimums of 300 is an excellent move... as ideal range is compromised in may driving conditions)

Well, if you hold on to that nose-cone Model S, I do expect that at some point in the future (likely after all those bty packs are out of warranty) Tesla will offer a mobile bty pack replacement service with a Millon Mile Bty.

Those gorgeous aluminum bodies never rust, and Tesla needs to keep as many of its cars on the rode for as long as practical to displace all that ICE.

Tesla has the tech waiting in the wings. I think they integrate the new bty tech into the older S and WOWSERS!

Cheers!

Here we go again, time to rock and roll after the consolidation.

MW-HY358_ElonMu_20200114141631_ZQ.jpg

Completely agree. I think there are three barriers to the robotaxi model ARK (et al) have:
1) technical - can they make it work?
2) regulatory - if they can make it work, how long before it is legal?
3) societal - if they can make it work, and it is legal, how long before people feel comfortable in a robotaxi with no driver?

Tesla can solve the first problem, but the other 2 are largely beyond their control.

3) is easy. People used to have attendents in elevators to select the floor. That soon went away, nobody gave a damn. People get very used to stuff magically working. And the sped with which we accept magical stuff is getting faster and faster. I remember being very suspicious about wireless networking being a thing. People got used to siri and alexa real quick.

okay fine
you guys win
goodbye!
$tsla

You will never be happy if you tie your self worth to money, especially when comparing yourself to others.

I hope you find peace and happiness.

okay fine
you guys win
goodbye!
$tsla

Not sure what value these gloat posts bring. Good luck on your journey. I am sure you'll meet your full potential. Just don't be a douche on your way there.

okay fine
you guys win
goodbye!
$tsla

Please don't go, we will miss you ;) I think you keep coming back to try get validation on how great trader you are? And TMC seems to be tough place to get it.
All the best man. I personally learnt some things from you.

Your money ain't gonna do me any good :) I don't even envy Elon's billions.