Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amsterdam to Berlin is 650 km. That's 7 hrs and 1 Supercharging stop in a 3SR+ with 400km (250mi) range. Even in the Winter.

You really gonna do it faster without stopping? 500km rge is not a magic number.
No? really? that's your logic?
Or is it an issue with reading
"500" has a PSYCHOLOGICAL dimension to it . That is the number for MARKETING"

The topic was the magic of all teslas being rated over 300 miles. So I applied the advantage of the "ZERO" with the magic of multiple of 5's. And to the mind "500+" is a big jump from "484."
By your reckoning there should be some town to town metric that Tesla would need to hit in the USA for it to appear strong...like Denver to Las Vegas would be something all of the USA would get behind?
I think you missed the topic I was staying with regarding Numbers and their Psychological value when marketing Teslas.

Reactions: oldTAVguy
3) is easy. People used to have attendents in elevators to select the floor. That soon went away, nobody gave a damn. People get very used to stuff magically working. And the sped with which we accept magical stuff is getting faster and faster. I remember being very suspicious about wireless networking being a thing. People got used to siri and alexa real quick.

Counterpoint: Very few people feared dying by pushing the elevator button, or by talking to siri or alexa.

And let's not forget tax considerations. The US tax is usually much lower, if gains are realized after at least a year. But even then, the rate is significantly raised when the realized gain is above $400,000.

Remember if you don't sell your shares, your "on paper" gains are not taxed. :cool:

I really can't consider selling any more TSLA shares in 2020. The tax might be enough to fund the Pentagon for a year. :eek:

US Only: Curt, I assume you're referring to the bump up in capital gains based on this schedule? (Below is the 2019 schedule):
2020-07-13_11-11-34.png

So for example, even if you're cashing in long-term gains, if your income exceeds e.g. $434,550 for a single person the tax rate becomes 20% instead of 15%.

I think it’s awesome that you bought 650 calls for September. Most people don’t take you seriously though when every couple months you post that you’re liquidating your position and then less than 24 hours say you’re back to being Long.

I think it's quite ok to make decisions like that, even announce them - can just be agile thinking, but what we miss is the reasons behind it. That's the problem.

And let's not forget tax considerations. The US tax is usually much lower, if gains are realized after at least a year. But even then, the rate is significantly raised when the realized gain is above $400,000.

Remember if you don't sell your shares, your "on paper" gains are not taxed. :cool:

I really can't consider selling any more TSLA shares in 2020. The tax might be enough to fund the Pentagon for a year. :eek:
Slightly different for the IRA's. Short/Long sale doesn't matter as I only get taxed when I withdraw as ordinary income. But need more shelter!

A relative just sent me this news link and stated that the auto rack rail car was filled with new Tesla vehicles. I have watched too many X-file episodes to not be instantly suspicious given that there was also an uncontrolled 'explosion' of TSLA share price

NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP) - Report of a fire at Union Pacific Railroad in North Platte Sunday night into Monday morning. Sources tell News 2 that this fire was reported before 11:00 pm Sunday. North Platte Fire department responded

An auto rack was on fire at East Tower according to railroad employees.

News 2 has reached out to Union Pacific Railroad for more information. There will also be an update with the fire department.

This is a developing story.

Fire at Union Pacific Railroad

upload_2020-7-13_8-17-5.png

Last edited:
HODL HODL

Just wonder how many of us keep holding on to this strategy. Nobody is rich until you sold.

Perhaps it is better to go a cabin in the wilderness without Internet connection for a couple of months.
All my TSLA is in my IRA and I don't plan to use that cash until 2035 at the earliest, so there's no real logic in doing anything but holding. That being said.......the idea I don't have 2M+ is TSLA is really eating at me. I really really really want to catch a peak, sell, and double my position buying back in on a macro crash.

At this point I don't think I'll have the fortitude to resist selling in the $2k's. I will then of course....have been wrong.

• Funny
Reactions: capster