Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
US Only: Curt, I assume you're referring to the bump up in capital gains based on this schedule? (Below is the 2019 schedule):
View attachment 564148

So for example, even if you're cashing in long-term gains, if they exceed e.g. $434,550 for a single person the tax rate becomes 20% instead of 15%.

Yes. The bump used to come at $400,000, but your schedule shows that has been raised.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
No? really? that's your logic?
Or is it an issue with reading
"500" has a PSYCHOLOGICAL dimension to it . That is the number for MARKETING"

The topic was the magic of all teslas being rated over 300 miles. So I applied the advantage of the "ZERO" with the magic of multiple of 5's. And to the mind "500+" is a big jump from "484."
By your reckoning there should be some town to town metric that Tesla would need to hit in the USA for it to appear strong...like Denver to Las Vegas would be something all of the USA would get behind?
I think you missed the topic I was staying with regarding Numbers and their Psychological value when marketing Teslas.
Whatevers, dude. Europeans don't measure their cars by range. 400 km vs 500 km is meaningless, except that the 400km car is far cheaper to buy. Is that marketing?

US Only: Curt, I assume you're referring to the bump up in capital gains based on this schedule? (Below is the 2019 schedule):
View attachment 564148

So for example, even if you're cashing in long-term gains, if your income exceeds e.g. $434,550 for a single person the tax rate becomes 20% instead of 15%.
never had to look at this chart before :D and even if i did i had no meaning until very recently o_O

View attachment 564148

So for example, even if you're cashing in long-term gains, if your income exceeds e.g. $434,550 for a single person the tax rate becomes 20% instead of 15%.

I believe that also includes your yearly income.

For instance, I'm in the 15% bracket from my income and marital status. So if I have a profit of $1k from my shares, I'd owe 15%, or $150 from that $1k at the end of the tax year. The profits from gain would stack upon this amount, so if you had no income and only cashed in a profit of $30k a year, you could live essentially tax free.

If this is not the case, then I'd be quite happy as I'd pay a lot less in taxes than I'm anticipating! :p

The cheapest LEAP September 17, 2021 $2850 is 42k... LEAPs are officially out of my price range. Maybe I should sell that LEAP :eek: and buy 23 shares? @FrankSG what is the bear case for September 2021 lol?

My TSLA Investment Strategy

Contains my short term (1-2 years) Tesla model.

I wouldn't really buy any options right now. Maybe some short term options speculating on S&P 500 inclusion, but I expect those are already super expensive too. The only reason I'm not converting my current options to stock yet is because I think there's more near term upside due to S&P 500 inclusion, and due to the street underestimating Q3 and Q4 deliveries and financials.

If we hit $2,500 in the next few weeks or months, I'll probably go 90% or 100% stock. Or perhaps even ~80% stock and ~20% cash covered PUTs.

The Mission. I have made money, but that is not why I'm here.

In the '70s, people used the slogan "you can't hug your children with nuclear arms".

Today, the accumulation of green-house gases we've put in our atmosphere now adds 1 Hiroshima bomb's worth of heat to the Earth every second. And emissions are still increasing.

Tesla is the ONLY company in the world that is working to avoid the fiery fate that awaits us all (even the rich) if we don't reduce our carbon emissions.

Some things are more important than money. This is the fight of our Generation.

Jus' sayin'.

Yes!

And so much more. Not only is Tesla/Musk about saving the environment. To me it represents a revolution in almost all aspects of business: manufacturing, sales, marketing, support.

Tesla/Musk also represents the triumph of the relentless and daring pursuit of innovation.

Tesla/Musk is inspiring an entire new generation of innovators, social entrepreneurs and leaders who will make the world a better place in every aspect of human endeavor.

Tesla/Musk is the greatest accelerator in our lifetime of the arc of progress.

I will do everything I can to support this company, even if it means buying a Cybertruck that I can't imagine actually driving down the streets of my leafy suburb. Maybe I'll just donate it the police, who might actually take advantage of its safety features.

I think there is a chance of a pullback middle of this week and then rocket ship to 2500-3000
upload_2020-7-13_8-31-4.png