Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know nothing about the organization or its methodology. However, it is not unreasonable to point out an event picked up by multiple news sources. True or not it has impact. I don’t think anyone on this site doubts that negative publicity exists. Unfortunately, my own personal experience would tend to the belief that this may well be in the realm of a possibility. Sales figures would lend some credence, also. I think I might join the cat off site for a while.

Any publicity is good publicity when it brings attention to Tesla.
Those on the fence may try to find out more. Those on either side of it will have already made up their minds.

I tend to ignore surveys, particularly if no detail other than some news source's interpretation of the results is all there is to go on.
Maybe I'm the only one who does this. 🤷‍♂️

The sort of people who may actually let that story influence their Tesla or TSLA purchase are likely to be fewer than to be concerned about.

Does this survey directly affect HODLing a TSLA portfolio long term?
If so, explain how to determine the scale of the potential impact.

Reactions: jerry33
If you are going to post on social media that you have voted, make sure you mask out control number! Anyone can just use this control number to change your vote, see which broker you are using, and how many shares you have linked to this control number.
Exibit from a 828k X follower account:

Here is what I see after I put in the number from his screenshot into proxyvote (I masked out his number in sreenshot below so at least I am doing my part lol):
1715815661955.png

1715815677891.png

Musk has already claimed that 12.3 is mind-blowing and interventions are rare. So we are already at a very high mile per intervention rate and it will now 5x - 10x.
Maybe it is my car or my city, but I am not sure I have gone more than 2 miles between interventions. I am not sure I could claim that is "very high" miles per intervention.

I know this is a sample of 2 but I have found this indifference to Tesla and Elon often during discussions with family, friends and ex-work colleagues.

Seems like all of my kids' friends in High School are HUGE Tesla fans and they are losing their minds over Cybertruck sightings.

Some of my work colleagues in places like Montana, Idaho and Utah are giving Tesla a second look because of Cybertruck and they like Elon Musk.

So I'm not too worried about Tesla losing a few hyper-partisan customers who can afford to purchase more expensive and inferior EVs out of political spite. Tesla is barely scratching the surface of available demand in the US.

Nothing new here, just one more data point.

We finally received FSD 12.3.6 and I was able to take it out for a spin. Perfect? No. But pretty damn impressive. A lot more testing to do. But it was assertive, felt very safe and smooth. I totally get why many are saying it drives like a human. Not one critical disengagement in over an hour of driving. The biggest issues for me is it is too slow at stop signs (stops well short of the line and then creeps forward slowly) to the point where I felt anxious about drivers behind me. And I would like to pinpoint exactly where I want to go, not just an address or business name (for example a specific parking lot at a mall).

I'm sure those issues will be fixed. I expect if they actually deliver ASS and banish in 12.4, it's going to turn some heads. I'm very excited about the prospects for 12.4, 12.5, 12.6 and beyond!

Nothing new here, just one more data point.

We finally received FSD 12.3.6 and I was able to take it out for a spin. Perfect? No. But pretty damn impressive. A lot more testing to do. But it was assertive, felt very safe and smooth. I totally get why many are saying it drives like a human. Not one critical disengagement in over an hour of driving. The biggest issues for me is it is too slow at stop signs (stops well short of the line and then creeps forward slowly) to the point where I felt anxious about drivers behind me.
Same here. I got the update Friday night and have been driving around all week running errands without a single safety disengagement. Only a couple disengagements due to navigation not taking my preferred routes.

The more I drive it the more familiar and comfortable it gets. I also give it a bit of throttle to push through some of the slow stops and turns.

I am looking forward to my drive to the LA office tomorrow!

I understand Elon's abstention from the vote on his pay, but why abstain from the vote on changing the state of incorporation?
The reasoning was explained in the Annual Report. Elon's X-Twitter pole on the subject was out of line, it's a decision for the board of directors to make, NOT the CEO's, and they didn't want it to appear to be reactive to the judgement from the Delaware court, even though it obviously was. So they created a committee, did the research, and declared it good. Elon abstains so as to keep it at arms length.

Well, it will be harder and harder to detect differences when people had a hard time over the short term detecting differences when they fixed thousands of problems just to get 1 miles disengagement free to 10 miles disengagement free.

I have just disengaged once after almost a week and a half (due to a tighter Uturn that failed). Now imagine if they just fixed this one problem, I may go 10 weeks without disengagement so this 10x will not even be noticeable.

So we are at a point where they no longer have to fix hundreds of problems to show improvements, but just a few problems to show improvement. Now it's all about if Tesla can fix those troubled spot everyone is facing. And frankly it's probably just 1 or 2 troubled spots for most and if fixed, you may not have disengagements for weeks.

I wish it could be so good that I don't notice the improvement.

I mean sure I can have it drive me a dozen miles with no disengagements but the route from my work to a lunch spot just over 1 mile away is good for 3 different types of disengagements in less than a mile. One of those disengagements is caused by the erosion of pavement on one side of the road so it isn't a disengagement on the way back (but is repeatable), only 2 that way, another is only for a left turn lane on the way back so it isn't a disengagement on the way there (but again repeatable), total of 4 disengagements (of 3 types) in a very very short round trip. The other 2 disengagements are related to standing traffic waiting for school kids that spills out onto side streets and requires driving across solid lines and passing cars that aren't going to move for 30 minutes but are in the normal lane for moving traffic. Totally repeatable but only if traffic is waiting to pick up kids from the school. Trivia bit, the route in question doesn't go through any school zones, and doesn't even go on the road the school is on.

If they can fix 1 of those types it might turn it from 4 disengagements to 3 or from 4 to 2.

If they can fix 2 of those types it might turn it from 4 to 1 or 4 to 2.

If they can fix 3 of those types it would turn it from 4 disengagements to 0.

I'm pretty sure I could notice it if they improve it.

Even if they fixed all 3 of those types, I have seen plenty of disengagements elsewhere with other types of issues. I'm still solidly in the gotta watch it like a hawk camp for 12.3.x (I've had 12.3.3, 12.3.4, 12.3.5). I don't plan to try any more until 12.4 but I expect the difference will be quite noticeable to me.

Just a handful of bears that photoshopped Tesla app screenshots submitting a couple of fake critical disengagements every week could really skew the results.
I think it would be worth asking the people running the tracker if:
1. They are removing the outlier data collected. I'm not a statistician but that's pretty normal to do.
2. If they publish individual data collected, filtered by individual testers.

Reactions: JusRelax
I think it would be worth asking the people running the tracker if:
1. They are removing the outlier data collected. I'm not a statistician but that's pretty normal to do.
2. If they publish individual data collected, filtered by individual testers.

Hi @alexxs88,

This was a great set of two comments regarding the FSD tracker. The owner of the FSD tracker actually answered the first on May 6th on X (answer is yes, outlier data is now being removed; relevant X post is pasted below) and as for the second, the data is anonymized, but if you click on the 'Tester View' button, you can filter by TesterID, which will allow you to focus on a specific Tester's data.

Note: The author of the tracker is using Microsoft Power BI to manage the data, which provides plenty of options to view the data however you prefer. For example, you can also view the data by state, or by FSD version number, etc.

Here is the X post that states that they are now trimming the data:

1715837416647.png