Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
How does he drink the coffee with the space-suit on? How can it be that the coffee is hot enough to have steam coming off it?

Bad science Elon!!

Thats not necessarily for drinking. This could be an echo of 'Romantically apocalyptic' :)

Attachments

• romantically apocalyptic.jpg
    romantically apocalyptic.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Can someone please help me understand this forum and the posting rules (I have no idea how to directly ask the mods). So I was posting updates once a day on the supercharger build-out and the current new inventory for each model - seems very pertinent information that investors want to know (and the 15 and 20 "informative" ratings seemed to verify that). And even if it isn't super necessary info, we're talking about 1 post a day in a thread that gets about 400 per day. But, the mods deleted my post and sent me a message saying not to post this info - they really didn't say why.

Then, I'm on last night, trying to catch up on some good information about my TSLA investment, and I come across several pages of Ferrari posts - including the one I replied to (all stayed / weren't deleted). So, info about Tesla inventory and superchargers is not pertinent to TSLA, but information about Ferrari's appreciating in value IS?

I'm totally confused and hoping someone can help me understand why I would prefer to read about Ferrari (and totally unrelated to TSLA) instead of facts about how inventory sales are going and how many superchargers are currently being built - both of which shine a little light on the what's going on with Tesla.
You should message the moderator privately. They don't like it when you talk about them publicly.

Can someone please help me understand this forum and the posting rules (I have no idea how to directly ask the mods). So I was posting updates once a day on the supercharger build-out and the current new inventory for each model - seems very pertinent information that investors want to know (and the 15 and 20 "informative" ratings seemed to verify that). And even if it isn't super necessary info, we're talking about 1 post a day in a thread that gets about 400 per day. But, the mods deleted my post and sent me a message saying not to post this info - they really didn't say why.

Then, I'm on last night, trying to catch up on some good information about my TSLA investment, and I come across several pages of Ferrari posts - including the one I replied to (all stayed / weren't deleted). So, info about Tesla inventory and superchargers is not pertinent to TSLA, but information about Ferrari's appreciating in value IS?

I'm totally confused and hoping someone can help me understand why I would prefer to read about Ferrari (and totally unrelated to TSLA) instead of facts about how inventory sales are going and how many superchargers are currently being built - both of which shine a little light on the what's going on with Tesla.

You have a PM with an explanation.

While I agree 100% with what you have said sadly it is not always reality. Just the other day one of my Fox News loving right-Wing coworkers asked another coworker of mine to find were I have my car plugged in and cut off the cord.

He just can’t fathom that I would by the car for any other reason than I am a tree hugging liberal hippie.
There are people like that on both sides of every issue.
I eat meat. There are Vegans who think I do so because I am an ignorant animal abuser who delights in killing things. They can't fathom that I eat meat because that's what us humans are evolved to eat for best health.
In my neck of the woods (SW FL) even coal rolling pickup trick drivers stop and ask me about my car, and tell me how cool Tesla and Elon Musk are.
But I'm positive there are still some people in my area that think I'm an eco hippie/social justice warrior. Can't fix everybody. Best advice is to be kind to everyone and patient. My motto is that if someone says something bad about you, live your life so that no one will believe them. :)

They failed to mention Tesla once in that article while talking about electric cars and batteries. The author worked hard to avoid mentioning the success of an American car company who is way ahead of all the failing companies who fail to see the light.

He mentioned competitors like Dyson though. Dyson produces tons of.....sorry, never mind.

Ferrari, selling 9000 gasoline cars per year, with no growth potential, achieved a market cap of $30B recently. Tesla, building Roadster with SpaceX package, should have the potential to be valued north of $30B for the Roadster alone. This Roadster will likely to be better than a Ferrari in every way, much safer, the SpaceX package could help the car to hop into the air to avoid coming cars, insane acceleration/deceleration, sharp turns... If Tesla get the pricing/marketing right, many institutional investors could suddenly see Tesla is greatly undervalued. If that happens, the stock price goes back to normal, many people on this forum no longer need to worry about margin calls, they will be able to buy more Tesla products down the road.

We were talking about what Ferrari did right with their marketing, maybe Tesla can learn a thing or two. We are trying to help Tesla, not just randomly discussing exotic car companies.

Info about Tesla inventory and superchargers is pertinent to TSLA, but those are not important factors in my view. For near term stock price, It's all about production rate, cost, and more importantly, potential demand. Shorts think as tax incentives go away, competition is coming (they still have $7.5k incentives), Tesla will not sell enough cars to be profitable, then Tesla goes to zero. Of course I think shorts are wrong. A strong Q2 is great, we also need to understand and show the world what will happen when Tesla's tax incentive drops to $1.75k, or drops to 0, when other EVs still have $7.5k tax incentive. I think this is the number one reason why some shorts are so excited and confident to short Tesla. Shorts did a really good job spreading FUD.

A $40k Model 3 SR+ is a much better deal than most of the gasoline sedans, not many people understand this. If you can figure out a way to spread the message, that would help a lot.

Last edited:
They failed to mention Tesla once in that article while talking about electric cars and batteries. The author worked hard to avoid mentioning the success of an American car company who is way ahead of all the failing companies who fail to see the light.

I thought the article was ok, pointing out that ICE is in trouble. They did mention Tesla as one of the EVs that was disrupting the auto industry and is worth more than Chrysler .

There's going to be an ~18 month period of transition where those in power shift their money from financing oil to financing renewables and we're certainly within sight of that period. The oil markets are flashing indicators of peak finance approaching. US oil production is so high that we can take up almost any slack until global demand peaks in 2023/24/25. Half the US fracking industry is teetering close to bankruptcy if there's any significant stretch of low pricing. Saudi Arabia is having a tough time selling bonds. China has bought up most distressed assets(Venezuela, Africa, etc).

It's much more difficult to maintain wealth in the zero-marginal-cost reality of renewable and sustainable energy, but the pretty soon they'll need to give in and move from active sabotage to support. The shift will be quick and painful just like with coal, one day business as usual and the next they're all done.

All that to say......I think think Jan2021 $400 calls are cheap right now for those looking to gamble. I think the next big leg up will be similar in magnitude to 2013. Maybe it starts 6-16 months from now, maybe not.

There's a reason why every house doesn't use a gas generator for its power. It would be costly, inefficient, and a pollution nightmare. For transportation, there was no viable technology other than ICE, so it made sense. But now there is a viable alternative, and that alternative is rapidly improving. To me, the similarities between the transition from incandescent bulbs to LEDs and the transition from ICE to EV are too strong to ignore.

Ferrari, selling 9000 gasoline cars per year, with no growth potential, achieved a market cap of $30B recently. Tesla, building Roadster with SpaceX package, should have the potential to be valued north of $30B for the Roadster alone.

Ferrari sells 9k ICEv every year, very profitably.

The Roadster is a concept, which Elon says is dessert but not a priority.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
Click bait article on Yahoo "Jim Chanos :Tesla cars are poorly made"
Now that the demand issue seems to be getting debunked, the shorts have turned to build quality FUD. I am not quite sure from where this is coming from a factual perspective. I can only speak for myself and those I know who own a Tesla (actually a fair number of people) - not one of us has had quality issues with our Teslas. I am coming up on eight months of owning a Model 3 - as I have written before, it is the best car I have ever owned (and I have owned some of the best cars in the world). The build quality is second to none. Other than going to the service center to have my spoiler and dual motor badge installed, I have never been to the Tesla service center. Not a single issue with my Model 3. I have friends who have owned Teslas for six plus years. Also, no quality issues. The people who mention build quality issues seem to mostly be folks who do not own a Tesla, and in many cases have never even been in a Tesla. They also never seem to compare Tesla's build quality to big auto's build quality (every ICE car I have ever owned has been in the shop for something within a couple or a few months of purchase). Where is the SEC on these issues?! Chanos is a known short - he should be held accountable for his statements if they are false.